PDA

View Full Version : Hookblade Questions

JonnyQuickShot
05-26-2011, 12:07 PM
AS I sure everyone knows, GI had an article on AC:R. But, while I was re-reading it, I noticed the picture of Ezio standing near Masyaf. Then I noticed that he had the hook blade. On the opposite page it says that Ezio goes to Masyaf first. On the page after that it says that the hook blades are only being used in Constantinople. So how did Ezio get it?
Also, it says that the hook blade will be used to "Slingshot up a sheer surface." Do you know the amount of force it would take to slingshot a fully grown, fully armed, fully armoured man staight up? What will the hook blade be made of?

daniel_gervide
05-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
AS I sure everyone knows, GI had an article on AC:R. But, while I was re-reading it, I noticed the picture of Ezio standing near Masyaf. Then I noticed that he had the hook blade. On the opposite page it says that Ezio goes to Masyaf first. On the page after that it says that the hook blades are only being used in Constantinople. So how did Ezio get it?
Also, it says that the hook blade will be used to "Slingshot up a sheer surface." Do you know the amount of force it would take to slingshot a fully grown, fully armed, fully armoured man staight up? What will the hook blade be made of?

He could have the hookblade without use it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Steelers nati0n
05-26-2011, 12:55 PM
He returns to Masyaf at the end of the game.

Rakudaton
05-26-2011, 12:56 PM
I noticed the picture of Ezio standing near Masyaf. Then I noticed that he had the hook blade. On the opposite page it says that Ezio goes to Masyaf first. On the page after that it says that the hook blades are only being used in Constantinople. So how did Ezio get it?

... is Ezio only allowed to go to Masyaf once? No. So why couldn't he have done this:

1) Go to Masyaf
2) Go to Constantinople, get hookblade
3) Go back to Masyaf, pose for awesome shot

In fact, I believe they mentioned that Ezio must return to Masyaf once he has all five seals of Altair -- presumably to unlock the treasure underneath.

Also, it says that the hook blade will be used to "Slingshot up a sheer surface." Do you know the amount of force it would take to slingshot a fully grown, fully armed, fully armoured man staight up?

No, I don't. I could calculate it, but why bother when I know it's ludicrous anyway? By the way, I think you should take "slingshot" with a pinch of salt. I think we're talking about a sort of climb leap maneouvre here, with the hookblade used to get more reach.

What will the hook blade be made of?

Metal. Oh, or marzipan. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ShaneO7K
05-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I noticed the picture of Ezio standing near Masyaf. Then I noticed that he had the hook blade. On the opposite page it says that Ezio goes to Masyaf first. On the page after that it says that the hook blades are only being used in Constantinople. So how did Ezio get it?

... is Ezio only allowed to go to Masyaf once? No. So why couldn't he have done this:

1) Go to Masyaf
2) Go to Constantinople, get hookblade
3) Go back to Masyaf, pose for awesome shot

In fact, I believe they mentioned that Ezio must return to Masyaf once he has all five seals of Altair -- presumably to unlock the treasure underneath.

Also, it says that the hook blade will be used to "Slingshot up a sheer surface." Do you know the amount of force it would take to slingshot a fully grown, fully armed, fully armoured man staight up?

No, I don't. I could calculate it, but why bother when I know it's ludicrous anyway? By the way, I think you should take "slingshot" with a pinch of salt. I think we're talking about a sort of climb leap maneouvre here, with the hookblade used to get more reach.

What will the hook blade be made of?

Metal. Oh, or marzipan. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> He returns to Masayaf at the end of the game which is probably the part of the game that the screenshot was taken.

JonnyQuickShot
05-26-2011, 01:25 PM
I highly doubt that would display something from that late in the game, this early after announcemnt. Actually, I would be surprised if the ending was already made.

And, yeah, I thought about the climb leap thing. And looking back, the codex mentioned that the hidden blades were made out of a special material. So the hook blade is made out of pure awesome I guess...

Chewitt321
05-26-2011, 01:29 PM
I can vaguely remember that people reverse engineer materials and other technologies from the pieces of Eden. So, the hookblade could be some kind of futuristic metal.

Bruno_Berg
05-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
I highly doubt that would display something from that late in the game, this early after announcemnt. Actually, I would be surprised if the ending was already made.

Actually, we already know that he (most likely) will visit Masyaf more than once. We know that he goes there in the beginning of the game only to find it overrun by templars, then going to constantinople to get some seals to unlock some treasure in Masyaf.

And to be honest, does it really bother you that much that he has a hookblade on a pretty early picture? It might aswell just be a there to show off the new feature.