PDA

View Full Version : guns guns guns

lucy10
02-17-2011, 09:09 AM
am i really stupid or is it the captain only that can fire the deck gun, this is really frustrating sometimes i need to concentrate on a surface attack using torps and could really do with the gun crew shooting at stationary targets, also when the nav man says would you like to do a search pattern why cant i there are no icons to go to search mode, thanks fellow submariners hope you can shed some light.......

Rick_1105
02-17-2011, 11:33 AM
No you are not stupid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SH5 is a broken game and the instructions dont teach you anything. The only way to play SH5 is if you load it up with mods. Good luck and good hunting.

lucy10
02-17-2011, 12:09 PM
thanks for that rick, the new problem i have now is i downloaded the patch but upon loading it, it says it wont work with my version whatever that means so i guess i'm stuck, i did'nt know there were different versions o9f SH5.

willyvic
02-17-2011, 12:17 PM
To have the crew fire the gun use your binoculars, look at target, press space bar and a target icon should appear. Your gun crew will then fire.

To address you other problem:

What type of install to you have?
Where did you get it?
What patch are you trying to install?

WV

lucy10
02-18-2011, 06:07 AM
hi wv, thanks a million for info on deck gun will try that i really hope it will make things easier, as for the install i dont really know what it is i have i got the game at GAME, i did'nt realise there were different versions, as for the patch i deleted it so not sure what it was i know it was around 68 megs to download, its supposed to fix a lot of the bugs in the game.

willyvic
02-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by lucy10:
hi wv, thanks a million for info on deck gun will try that i really hope it will make things easier, as for the install i dont really know what it is i have i got the game at GAME, i did'nt realise there were different versions, as for the patch i deleted it so not sure what it was i know it was around 68 megs to download, its supposed to fix a lot of the bugs in the game.

I have never heard of "GAME". Is that a website? if so, please paste the url here. If it is a shop then you must have the physical DVD. There are different versions of the game depending on where you got it, the type of install (digital download or DVD), and the date you got it.

Try to answer the above questions and we'll see where we can go from there.

WV

BTOG46
02-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by willyvic:

I have never heard of "GAME". Is that a website? if so, please paste the url here. If it is a shop then you must have the physical DVD. There are different versions of the game depending on where you got it, the type of install (digital download or DVD), and the date you got it.

Try to answer the above questions and we'll see where we can go from there.

WV

Game is one of the main retail outlets for gaming in the UK, they also have a digital store for downloads http://www.game.co.uk/ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Kielhauler2010
02-18-2011, 12:51 PM
GAME is THE single biggest retail chain in the UK for computer and console games. There is one in almost every major UK town. That's where I got all my Silent Hunter's from.

Good stores, highly recommended to UK gamers. If they don't have what you are looking for they will order it in. They also sell pre-owned games and offer a trade-in/part-exchange deal on games that you no longer wish to play.

And no, I don't work there or have any commercial interest in them. Just a very satisfied customer.

KH

willyvic
02-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Ah, thanks guys. Will put that info into the old grey matter for future reference.

WV

lucy10
02-20-2011, 10:36 AM
hi WV the only thing i can find on my disc is it says DVD so i guess thats the version the update dos'nt work on.

willyvic
02-22-2011, 03:03 AM
When you start your game and get to the Campaign/mission/saved game/etc screen look up in the far right corner of the screen. What version do you see? It should give you a number.

WV

lucy10
02-24-2011, 03:01 AM
hi again WV the version is 1.2.0,

willyvic
02-24-2011, 03:12 AM
You have the latest patch already installed. You are good to go.

WV

lucy10
02-26-2011, 02:27 AM
thats great news i appreciate all your help thanks very much, ,the only thing i need to do now is find a damn map showing convoy routes, i downloaded a map from somewhere but it would'nt install, the other versions gave you a fold up map, when you put down your waypoints on the nav map i notice convoy targets moving around so i'm assuming their the routes, the manual you get is very poor it dos'nt explain hardly a thing.

brian563
03-05-2011, 06:26 AM
It would seem that you dont get a map, or an instruction manual, or anything else with this game, it looks like you are lucky there was picture on the cover of the box and a disc inside it, or was there?
it would seem the best way to get any fun out of SH5 would be to uninstal it and play minesweeper instead, then use the disc as a frisbie and watch you dog catching it