PDA

View Full Version : Online Ratings

TedSummers
11-05-2007, 06:06 AM
N\A

diskamyl
11-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by TedSummers:
Is it just me, or has anyone else notice that Ratings are not working when playing online rated games? The Manual states:

"During your frist 20 games, your chess rating is still provisional. During these games, your rating will evolve as you play more rated games."

Well, I've been playing rated games and my rating has not "evolved" at all. Seems the more things change the more they stay the same at UbiSoft.

Now while I am on this "rant", Since Chessmaster 10th and GrandMaster Edition pretty much share the same GUI with some Bug Fixes and some Enhancements to the latest version. Why not let these owners play together on the same online server? It's not like "overcrowding" will be an issue here really.

Taking a look at the GS.ini file for both programs show that they are both pointed at the same servers anyway. If you have both versions you can check this for yourself, the GS.ini file is located at:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition\Data\GS

Just a few extra baby steps can make the difference between Hero and Zero. So flame on! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

when your rating is provisional, it is natural for online sites to keep it hidden for a certain number of games, like 5, 10, it depends. in redhotpawn.com for example, your rating is hidden until you complete 5 games. it's very reasonable because in those first games your rating may change like crazy. just play some more games and it will be revealed.

chessicatz
11-05-2007, 12:13 PM
So there is a different site for online play for Chessmaster 11...will have to wait till more people buy it and move online there, switiching from the cmx 10 site... that could die out, eventually...