PDA

View Full Version : EVeryone read!

Stealth_chill
06-09-2007, 01:23 AM
ok there is too much flamming going around on these forums. This is based on people trying to voice their opinion and people not agreeing with it. Which is fine but you do not need to bash and flame them about it. Its all about respect guys. These forums are meant to voice other peoples opinions so don't tell people they are wrong, or that they are whining, or to let it go. Its not right. That is why it is to difficult to pass around our ideas, because we were afraid of them getting shot down

I a, a veteran of these forums and have been here for about 3-4 years (dont let the join date fool you) and there was a time where we did voice out opinions and didnt get shot down, WE talked about things, had a great time, and mods rarely ever needed to step in. Now the fforums are a battlefield and we never know when we are going to get blown up on. So please, lets have these forums like the good old days. Show some respect and have civilized arguments without calling people stupid, wrong, idiot, whiner, or any other things that demine the person. This will only bring more people leaving these forums and having this place dead within a few months and i dont want that., So please, for the sake of the forums, show some respect.

Hiddai
06-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Yes you right i am also here since March 2005 and yeah i saw better days on the forums...

Demented_turkey
06-09-2007, 04:35 AM
I am here since today Lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

MKCC14
06-09-2007, 05:47 AM
I dont have a problem with people voicing their opinion or whatever, but the constant bashing of the game from the SAME people gets annoying and isnt going to solve anything. It sounds like someone coming from another forum to come here and just degrade the game. But only some people do this.

Julius48_015
06-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Thats why people get flamed, because the a few of the same people say the same thing again and again, and if it was in one post then fine but it isn't. There are like 4 posts and it also seeps into other post that aren't "post here if you hate conviction"!

Stealth_chill
06-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Julius48_015:
Thats why people get flamed, because the a few of the same people say the same thing again and again, and if it was in one post then fine but it isn't. There are like 4 posts and it also seeps into other post that aren't "post here if you hate conviction"!

thatdoesnt givr you the right to bash an flame people for it. Alot of people have the same opinion so they have the right to express it. so dont flame them about it please

Julius48_015
06-09-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm not going to argue

Darkeye321
06-09-2007, 01:28 PM
i've been on these forums since 2004....got banned many times coz of off-topic forums.......now i dont even post there coz i dont wanna get banned...anyway i've never seen so much hate for any SC game....Conviction got the most hate ever....and its sucks that most old forumers hate this game aswell e.g Knot3D and some others

BurningDeath.
06-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by MKCC14:
I dont have a problem with people voicing their opinion or whatever, but the constant bashing of the game from the SAME people gets annoying and isnt going to solve anything. It sounds like someone coming from another forum to come here and just degrade the game. But only some people do this.
Guess what, your constant praisings of the game are just as annoying.

Stealth_chill
06-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by BurningDeath.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MKCC14:
Guess what, your constant praisings of the game are just as annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey guys lets keep it friendly in here! this is what im talking about. People can voice their opinions and people need to repect that. but dont voice your opinion while bashing and flaming someone elses. you can dissagree but dot call them annoying,idiot,stupid and all the rest.

MKCC14
06-10-2007, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MKCC14:
Guess what, your constant praisings of the game are just as annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure, I cant remember even praising the game once yet. The most i said was that i THINK the new direction will be good. Have you seen me go around praising the game? Anyone? No...

What I have been doing is correcting people with the weak bashing jokes they try to get at the game.

osborne10
06-10-2007, 08:44 PM
alot of people on here that bash the game ,not saying any names,say the same thing without bringing up a point.they just disagree with whatever you say.not everyone who dislikes it does this, but most do.mostly its people who dislike the game that "bash" people who like it.

Jackie Fiest
06-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by osborne10:
alot of people on here that bash the game ,not saying any names,say the same thing without bringing up a point.they just disagree with whatever you say.not everyone who dislikes it does this, but most do.mostly its people who dislike the game that "bash" people who like it.

And posts exactly like these keep the flames going. We all need to chill out. If we can't get along I am going to start breaking out the ban hammer. I don't want to be a "I am going to set us up t3h ban!" moderator as I believe this community thrives on differing opinions, but Rhoulette said in her sticky that we need to start being more strict and as her moderator, I will be enforcing that.

My advice would be that if you see flaming, even if you opinion is being flamed, to stay away from that situation. You risk being banned when "clean up time" starts, even if you didn't start the flaming.

Stealth_chill
06-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by TFS_Jackie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by osborne10:

And posts exactly like these keep the flames going. We all need to chill out. If we can't get along I am going to start breaking out the ban hammer. I don't want to be a "I am going to set us up t3h ban!" moderator as I believe this community thrives on differing opinions, but Rhoulette said in her sticky that we need to start being more strict and as her moderator, I will be enforcing that.

My advice would be that if you see flaming, even if you opinion is being flamed, to stay away from that situation. You risk being banned when "clean up time" starts, even if you didn't start the flaming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>im missing the good ol' days http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

rogerwilco99
06-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Stealth_chill:
im missing the good ol' days http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

You and me, both... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I think we should all be able to voice our opinions about the game without resorting to name calling or personal assaults (or bad language).

Some people need to just accept that others are optimistic about the new game. Others need to just accept that some people are pessimistic about the new game. And generally no amount of arguing is going to change anyone's mind.

I've been on these forums since 2004 (that's not my actual join date, either). Things really have gone down hill.

I think it might help rather than saying "this sucks" or "this is going to be great" if people were a bit more descriptive in their posts. Perhaps say why you think that. Give your reasons. And leave the invective out of it.

It _is_ possible to have a discussion with differing points of view _without_ arguing.

(By the way, Jackie, nice All Your Base reference... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Arun Kumar
06-11-2007, 02:34 AM
am here since Pandora Tomorrow days (but i post here very rarely, i jus like to read the forums :P)

but am really shocked to see the situation here ever since the announcement of ConViction.. never before have i seen so much bashin and flaming (each other as well as UBI)

i was wonderin WTH happened with everyone and why they have all gone crazy.. i hope in future the opinions will be expressed in a civilised manner...

and i want my old community back..

ArrowDynamicsX
06-11-2007, 03:11 AM
I encourage your opinions, I hope that you get what you want out of your games. We both want something out of a series we love, but maybe it split away from the way you liked it, or the way I liked it. Don't bash people for their views that the game is crafted by God himself or that the all the copies of the games should be dumped in a landfill. I just really think people should try the games before you bash them too much. Say that you are dissapointed in the way the game seems to be turning out, but wait for the game to come out to list all of its shortcomings. And please, the signatures that are petitions, they really are an eyesore. Post threads, get online petitions, write letters to Ubi, I support all that, but the sigs just drive me nuts.

osborne10
06-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by TFS_Jackie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by osborne10:

My advice would be that if you see flaming, even if you opinion is being flamed, to stay away from that situation. You risk being banned when "clean up time" starts, even if you didn't start the flaming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my bad

CriminalOrigins
06-11-2007, 12:26 PM

That's what I was thinking too but I didn't want to say it...

marinius
06-12-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by rogerwilco99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stealth_chill:
im missing the good ol' days http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

You and me, both... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I think we should all be able to voice our opinions about the game without resorting to name calling or personal assaults (or bad language).

Some people need to just accept that others are optimistic about the new game. Others need to just accept that some people are pessimistic about the new game. And generally no amount of arguing is going to change anyone's mind.

I've been on these forums since 2004 (that's not my actual join date, either). Things really have gone down hill.

I think it might help rather than saying "this sucks" or "this is going to be great" if people were a bit more descriptive in their posts. Perhaps say why you think that. Give your reasons. And leave the invective out of it.

It _is_ possible to have a discussion with differing points of view _without_ arguing.

(By the way, Jackie, nice All Your Base reference... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

I remember the early days of these forums as well (my old account stopped working for some reason, hence the "false" join date). I recall not only a much nicer general tone between people when discussing the game, but also a very supportive attitude when it came to helping out people with problems in the game. When I was stuck a couple of times in the original SC I got immediate help from others who were just as fascinated with the game as myself. And we had guys like Rikhakia (I might misspell his name) who among a lot of other things for instance posted an excellent guide to hacking in CT.

I've stated my opinion in other posts as to why things have gone downhill. For me it started with PT's multiplayer which brought a whole new set of gamers to these forums. I don't mean to dish it out to any of the MP-fans, but that marked the beginning of the end of the initial close-knit community. Now, this obviously isn't the only explanation, but there's no doubt about the decline in the way people of the forum communicate with each other. The new pro/con-SCC divide has sadly taken things to an all-time low.