PDA

View Full Version : New Gadget Choice Poll!!!

Ran96live
02-15-2010, 06:52 PM
If you could have one of the following gadgets added to SC:Conviction what would it be?
I would take the ASE.
And LTL (Less Than Lethal)

Isanator
02-15-2010, 06:59 PM
No offense if this was meant to be serious, these are quiet silly and unrealistic (but so is convictions xD) First of all, Sam wouldn't use a I-Phone, if he needs to make a call its not gonna happen (cause AT&T sucks). A small mobile UAV to use indoor seems pretty impractible and hard to use, if theres a door or anything like that, and if it has a gun, would mean it needs to be big, then it can't move around well.

A sticky cam with battery limits means if it runs out of battery its useless, and we already have sticky cams that don't use batterys.

There wouldn't be a need for cotton ball, sticky shocker is a instant knock out, don't need a airfoil too. And aiefoils are used to stun enemy's. To separate things that don't need to be combined.

But, I do like your idea of this thread, to post gadgets we would like see/use in the game.

Me, it would be one simple thing. Night vision goggles with thermal and electronic vision built in. Instead of those silly sonar goggles.

Dephkt
02-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Isanator:
No offense if this was meant to be serious, these are quiet silly and unrealistic (but so is convictions xD) First of all, Sam wouldn't use a I-Phone, if he needs to make a call its not gonna happen (cause AT&T sucks). A small mobile UAV to use indoor seems pretty impractible and hard to use, if theres a door or anything like that, and if it has a gun, would mean it needs to be big, then it can't move around well.

A sticky cam with battery limits means if it runs out of battery its useless, and we already have sticky cams that don't use batterys.

There wouldn't be a need for cotton ball, sticky shocker is a instant knock out, don't need a airfoil too. And aiefoils are used to stun enemy's. To separate things that don't need to be combined.

But, I do like your idea of this thread, to post gadgets we would like see/use in the game.

Me, it would be one simple thing. Night vision goggles with thermal and electronic vision built in. Instead of those silly sonar goggles.

Might want to read the books (I realize it was a joke, but still http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).

As to the thread, I would want Sam to start out with nothing but a pistol. In order to gather new equipment, he should have to locate cache's or pick ammo and gear off of guards.

Isanator
02-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Dephkt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isanator:

Might want to read the books (I realize it was a joke, but still http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).

As to the thread, I would want Sam to start out with nothing but a pistol. In order to gather new equipment, he should have to locate cache's or pick ammo and gear off of guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I want too :P Why, are some of those in the books O:

Dephkt
02-15-2010, 07:10 PM
The cotton ball is mentioned and Sam uses his IPhone along with Google Earth very often. Almost too often - sometimes made me wonder if David Michaels was paid by Apple or Google. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Isanator
02-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Oh well, sorry to the person who made this topic, I guess those do exist in the books xD

AGENTxxxxx47
02-15-2010, 07:15 PM
I liked airfoils ,sticky shockers and sticky cams.

Airfoil rounds can in fact knock out enemies if you hit em in the head at close range,so can sticky cams.

Sticky shockers can kill people with heart conditions, if you shoot the captain on the ship in Chaos Theory he dies.

Rumor is he has a heart condition although proof has never been posted.

If you hit him with a sticky shocker and turn on your thermal you'll see his heat fade out and you get punished in the stealth score for killing someone.

Ran96live
02-15-2010, 07:15 PM
In the Novel Sam ALREADY HAS a pistol, then out of the blue he ends up with all this equipment in a single case. Didn't Clancy notice this was way too quick. I mean if it was as simple as having friends in and out of the NSA to get all their equipment... Let's just say security services would become overrated and ppl would just start using random black market equip from the National Security Agency. Seriously! If I was being hunted be the NSA I don't think I'd work with Grimsdottir, I'd be more likely to assassinate her and biff her in a lake, no offense, but really SHE's A NSA COMPUTER INTELLIGENCE AGENT, why would the "renegade" Sam Fisher trust her (even if she did help him out a lot.) It just doesn't seem right to me...

Dephkt
02-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Ran96live:
In the Novel Sam ALREADY HAS a pistol, then out of the blue he ends up with all this equipment in a single case. Didn't Clancy notice this was way too quick. I mean if it was as simple as having friends in and out of the NSA to get all their equipment... Let's just say security services would become overrated and ppl would just start using random black market equip from the National Security Agency. Seriously! If I was being hunted be the NSA I don't think I'd work with Grimsdottir, I'd be more likely to assassinate her and biff her in a lake, no offense, but really SHE's A NSA COMPUTER INTELLIGENCE AGENT, why would the "renegade" Sam Fisher trust her (even if she did help him out a lot.) It just doesn't seem right to me...

Have you even read the novels? Sorry to diverge from the topic so much, but this comment just made me wonder. Sam and Grim worked together for years, and the whole situation with Lambert (which I won't reveal in case people are unaware of the story changes) was designed to help eliminate moles and other traitors within the agency. If Sam still worked for Third Echelon he would not have the freedom that he needs to complete his mission - but I'll stop there for fear of revealing too much.

In the novel, Sam visits different caches (Grim provides him with locations via pay phone and other methods) to collect equipment, so I don't know how you think he gets it "out of the blue."

Ran96live
02-15-2010, 07:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ran96live:

Have you even read the novels? Sorry to diverge from the topic so much, but this comment just made me wonder. Sam and Grim worked together for years, and the whole situation with Lambert (which I won't reveal in case people are unaware of the story changes) was designed to help eliminate moles and other traitors within the agency.

In the novel, Sam visits different caches (Grim provides him with coordinates via pay phone and other methods) to collect equipment, so I don't know how you think he gets it "out of the blue." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I have, I know Sam and her are very close friends but that doesn't change the fact she hasn't left 3e yet. Also by out of the blue I mean like he gets a single call/meeting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and then visits a single area for his equipment. Basically, a player would get all his equipment in the second chapter (if that part is in the game) also to put us back on topic...

The UAV would only be able to be utilized in exterior locations, a miniature machine would be used for interior. Also I only posted the ones in the book because they weren't in the CT and DA AND because you could put more in. You know about the gadget limitations so you might as well add some others that could be a bulk of your gear. ALSO Sam Fisher has Sticky Cameras and he still uses the ASE, that would explain why I would mention them.

sackboy411
02-17-2010, 12:02 PM
The cotton ball is mentioned and Sam uses his IPhone along with Google Earth very often. Almost too often - sometimes made me wonder if David Michaels was paid by Apple or Google. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Actually David Michaels didn't write any of the books. Splinter Cell and Operation Barracuda were written by a guy named Raymond Benson. That's why they go from first to third person.

One more occasion where the media lie to us. UNITE! REBEL! AND OVERTHROW! Muahahahahahahahaaaaa. Pffft I'm so bored.

FilipinoNinja67
02-21-2010, 08:59 PM
i just want sam's i phone. period

Dephkt
02-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dephkt:

Actually David Michaels didn't write any of the books. Splinter Cell and Operation Barracuda were written by a guy named Raymond Benson. That's why they go from first to third person.

One more occasion where the media lie to us. UNITE! REBEL! AND OVERTHROW! Muahahahahahahahaaaaa. Pffft I'm so bored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

David Michaels is a pen name for different authors who wrote the SC books...