PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell : Double Agent Lighting Issues

john2gr
02-20-2007, 02:57 PM
The game with the 8800 series has major lighting issues. For instance when you approach a light source suddenly the area becomes bright (as it should be due to the light source) but when you are walking away from the light source,the area surrounding it suddenly loses the brightness. I'm using the 97.92 Forceware drivers and i've applied the 1.02 patch. Is this a known bug and will it be fixed some bloody day as the lighting is really important in Splinter Cell?

john2gr
02-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Here is the problem (pics will help)

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4233/sc1nn2.jpg

As you can see everything is fine here. The lighting is good and there are shadows. Now moving a little away from the light source and....

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2573/sc2py8.jpg

Voila,not lighting and due to the disappearance of the lighting there aren't any shadows. Please fix it,this is A MAJOR BUG.

Iservealot
02-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Lighting issues for Pandora tomorrow Singe and Multiplayer and Chaos Theory Multiplayer need to also be addressed.

TBS_SDF
02-23-2007, 11:32 PM
I get the EXACT same problem.... DRIVES ME NUTS. Game would look good if the dynamic lighting showed up more than half a foot away from you....

BPlol
04-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Same problem here, with my x1950Pro AGP. By the way, that´s the first game where I got really bad frame rates. It's a shame!

Kentelyoo
08-17-2007, 10:04 AM
I have the exact same problem with a eVGA Geforce 8800 GTS Superclocked. I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers.

Kentelyoo
09-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Any idea ? I'm still waiting to play this game.

stefano.b
09-24-2007, 06:32 AM
I've found a solution for the
disappearing shadows-lightning issue.
I'm a genius, ararararaaarararggggh... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Seriously, you must
Edit "splintercell4.ini" (found in SCDA-Offline/system) with notepad.
Find the line "ShadowTurnOffDegree=0"
Modify the "0" value in "10" (i've tried only with this value, but you could try to find the best solution)
Voilà, tutto funziona a meraviglia!
Also i've changed
"PermeatingLightCutOff=True"
in "False" but i don't know how this affect the game.

I've an athlon 3000+ 333DDR
a Sapphire Radeon X1950GT 256mb
Catalyst 7.7
1 Gb RAM

Getting 20/25 fps with all options maxed
'xept for vsync and antialiasing
@1280x1024

I must say that i've played with ALL splinter cellS and from the first to DA everytime i had to fight with a lot of issues and bugs. This is a shame because i think SC is a great franchise but loosed a lot of fans/players beacause of this. Also i found, as millions here, that ubi is very unrespectful whit buyers, avoiding a proper support and lacking in responses.
I'm one of the few unfortunate to buy rayman raving rabbids, and today after 3 months i'm not able to play it.

Kentelyoo
09-24-2007, 08:25 PM
You ARE a genius !

I can confirm that it works for me. I have a eVGA Geforce 8800 GTS Superclocked. Lets hope I don't encounter other major bugs later in the game. Thank you so much. Oh, and to be able to launch the game at all, I put -LL after the shortcut path. Looks like I'm finally ready to start this game.

Gehrschrein
05-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Thank you for the solution, it worked.

Ubi_Warder
06-02-2009, 11:52 AM
You can also fix this by going into the game options and turning off HDR.

atlanticmongrel
08-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi guys, sorry to dredge up an old thread. Although I don't know why since it's a valid problem I have. Same as mentioned here, exactly the same (see OP).

I've tried both solutions listed here and neither works, including the one from Ubi's tech support guy just above me here.

Any ideas when we might get a properly tested patch for Double Agent that addresses this issue?

I so want to like this game but it's totally unplayable in it's current state, and it's probably the most important one in the series.

atlanticmongrel
08-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Forgot to mention, for people who find the game's default brightness and contrast too wishy-washy, set brightness at 61 and contrast at 78. It looks very very good at those settings. It's just a shame the game's not playable due to the lighting bug :..(

atlanticmongrel
08-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Guess that's a no. I'm glad I only paid £3 for this game second-hand. It's about all it's worth with all it's lighting errors.

And before anyone starts with the rig-flaming, I can run 2 instances of Fallout 3 on max settings just fine.

Mwah.

atlanticmongrel
08-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Sorry to ramble on and on. Mr Ubi tech support guy, your solution of disabling HDR doesn't fix the problem at all. It simply turns off the affected render layer, at the same time taking a nice detail layer off every wall and floor surface in the game, which makes the game look like it was released in 1999.

Dome500
07-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Forgot to mention, for people who find the game's default brightness and contrast too wishy-washy, set brightness at 61 and contrast at 78. It looks very very good at those settings. It's just a shame the game's not playable due to the lighting bug :..(

Are you talking about the effect that levels (Shanghai for example) are too bright?
If yes, thanks I'll try it.