PDA

View Full Version : Opening Gameplay Video

BEESEEBUDD
08-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Now, I've been playing SCCT since the day it came out and I can't help but notice that it seems the video of gameplay at the beginning (right after it prompts your to press start) is unskippable sometimes. Other times I can skip right past it, why is it sometimes I can't?! Don't get me wrong, it showcases the game fine, but I shouldn't HAVE to watch it. Is there a trick to skipping it, or does Ubi think we should watch it everytime we want to play?
Also, my controller works fine and I've tried every button. Plainly; it just won't allow me to skip it.

BEESEEBUDD
08-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Now, I've been playing SCCT since the day it came out and I can't help but notice that it seems the video of gameplay at the beginning (right after it prompts your to press start) is unskippable sometimes. Other times I can skip right past it, why is it sometimes I can't?! Don't get me wrong, it showcases the game fine, but I shouldn't HAVE to watch it. Is there a trick to skipping it, or does Ubi think we should watch it everytime we want to play?
Also, my controller works fine and I've tried every button. Plainly; it just won't allow me to skip it.

deathreaper6696
08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
its stupid...if you switch a game it will play the vid and you cant skip the rest until the guy gets shot in the head.

Terrax213
08-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah just fix yourself a sandwich, get a drink, do somethin like that whenever you turn the game on while the intro plays.

Usually if I play 2 other games then go back to CT the vid won't skip .. if not, it'll skip no problem. Same with between mission cinematics.

se3kcolin1o1
08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
many people have asked this same post many times you should go down the old posts and you will probly find that same answer!

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Good time for a pee break http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Time_Sangheili
08-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Yes the video is quite annoying. Did ubi want us not to forget what Fisher looks like. MY GOSH!

se3kcolin1o1
08-03-2005, 01:52 PM
yah i agree thats why i leave the best game in the world in and i have found sometimes when i take it out i can skip it by pressing a as soon as it starts. Also it lets you end it wright when the guy gets sniped by sam!

DarKA55ASSIN
08-03-2005, 02:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terrax213:
Yeah just fix yourself a sandwich, get a drink, do somethin like that whenever you turn the game on while the intro plays.

Usually if I play 2 other games then go back to CT the vid won't skip .. if not, it'll skip no problem. Same with between mission cinematics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh its cause the xbox remembers the last 2 games u play and if u play more than 2 different games and then play scc:ct u have to watch it

kosmonaught
08-04-2005, 06:49 AM
Seems that halo 2 automatically makes it do that. No other game. Like they have a vendetta on halo 2 or something.

BEESEEBUDD
08-04-2005, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kosmonaught:
Seems that halo 2 automatically makes it do that. No other game. Like they have a vendetta on halo 2 or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trippy, I'll try it out

SE3Kjeff
08-04-2005, 03:47 PM
taht was pointless to say?

kevorjs
08-04-2005, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarKA55ASSIN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terrax213:

Usually if I play 2 other games then go back to CT the vid won't skip .. if not, it'll skip no problem. Same with between mission cinematics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh its cause the xbox remembers the last 2 games u play and if u play more than 2 different games and then play scc:ct u have to watch it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That, or wait through half of it and you can skip it.

Malecifus
08-05-2005, 08:23 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gifWell its a good time for a pee break and the intro not too bad and if your not obese you can get some chips to eat

Time_Sangheili
08-05-2005, 08:32 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">It's pointless ubisoft! There is no reason that stupid video should be there just because we played another video game! There's no freedom!</span>

teddaman2
08-05-2005, 04:12 PM
i have found that as soon as the downloading completes immeaditly start tapping the start button and you will skip the video.

wind-777
08-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Ya it happens alot. Try reverting the game back to the pace where you see sam fishers face before quiteing and you should not ahve to watch it. I think it works. Im not sure it worked once but that was lucky maybe.