PDA

View Full Version : High tides is unbeatable

Clockwork_Giant
08-17-2011, 07:40 PM
On the High tides level, the high tide comes in way to early and the tide never lets out enough to allow access to the island with the repel water totem. i have looked up walkthroughs and followed them perfectly, and this problem is persistant, the tide never goes out completely and the level is unbeatable, please fix it

PJEBarlow
08-17-2011, 07:53 PM
That's the point I ragequit myself, just now. I'm sure I could have done it in time if the mouse control wasn't so unresponsive, it probably works fine using a 360 controller.

I'm just not sure if I have the patience to plug mine in and try it, I'm sure another problem with this game would only appear within half an hour.

Terinbune80
08-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah I can't get passed high tides either.

ataribaby
08-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I made it after several tries. Key is to use Jelly watter (or just be quick between floods. i forgot) and quickly pass to totem on high ground. Establish Village and then move it as close as possible to the mountain edge next to totem in central regulary flooded valley. Then allow one guy to pass knowledge (that guys with wind dragon like things) to deliver it to starting village. Then when flood go out order to populate fooded central valley totem and when water starts rise, use jolly water to freeze floof for 50 seconds or so. Its about timing and if you are lucky you will create village and guy with dragon is fast enought to deliver repel water knowledge. Its good to rise ground way from slope to central totem as it can buys some time for dragon guy when jolly water worns off and flood starts rise again. After this use same tactics to reclaim last village or use Infinte Ground to make dams to prevent flood and make hill to rise up end level portal. If you are lucky and timing is fine, bingo.

avorntur
08-17-2011, 09:29 PM
I've been googling and found some walkthroughs (on youtube) and there seem to be 2 versions of the level, one which is hard but doable and one which is completely unbeatable, getting to the jelly water totem/repel water knowledge is absolutely impossible.

I've just spent about 4 hours on it and have just about given up, I really hope this will be fixed fast because I was quite enjoying the game thusfar (despite the control issues and not too great graphics).

fxu
08-17-2011, 10:08 PM
derp'd.

Confused the levels, ignore this.

mastermage42
08-17-2011, 10:18 PM
You're describing the wrong level bro. High tides has... tides. Not lava.

Applecrow
08-17-2011, 10:37 PM
??? I beat it my first try, no problems at all

1. Wait for the tide to go out and start building a land bridge between the first two islands. Just raise it a bit, you don't need it to break the surface yet.

2. Once you've raised it a bit (tides will work against you ) wait for the tide to go out.

3. When the tide starts going out, click on the totem to start sending your guys across. You might give it a second so they don't get swept away trying to swim. Click on both the village and repel water, you send guys to both.

4. As soon as the land bridge is exposed, hit jellify water. In addition to the time that the water is frozen, when it reactivates its still going out. This gives you plenty of time for:

5. Your guys run across and get the village and repel water.

6. If you spend your time scooping out water around the bridge, you might even have time to get the guy with repel water back to your first village.

Once you have repel water the level is cake.

Clockwork_Giant
08-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Applecrow:

1. Wait for the tide to go out and start building a land bridge between the first two islands. Just raise it a bit, you don't need it to break the surface yet.

2. Once you've raised it a bit (tides will work against you ) wait for the tide to go out.

3. When the tide starts going out, click on the totem to start sending your guys across. You might give it a second so they don't get swept away trying to swim. Click on both the village and repel water, you send guys to both.

4. As soon as the land bridge is exposed, hit jellify water. In addition to the time that the water is frozen, when it reactivates its still going out. This gives you plenty of time for:

5. Your guys run across and get the village and repel water.

6. If you spend your time scooping out water around the bridge, you might even have time to get the guy with repel water back to your first village.

Once you have repel water the level is cake.

the problem is the tide never goes fully out, believe me i've tried making a bridge multiple times and the high tide always comes in before mod of the water has gone out from low tide, it never give me a chance to get my guys across

nashoba08
08-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Same problem. I just gave up after hours of trying this level. I managed to get 2 people across, but that was it. I couldn't get them back across so it was pointless. The tide does go out to expose the bridge. I've made countless attempts at making a bridge but it just doesn't work. I was enjoying the game until this level. I watched the youtube videos but most of the are for xbox where this issue isn't a problem and the land bridge exposes normally. This has ruined it for me. This should have been tested and dealt with before the release.

Keksus
08-17-2011, 11:34 PM

Same here. What's the problem? Doesn't even look like your first village is in danger, so theres no chance you can lose this level without trying to lose it. The wave only floods the middle of the map. And it also wasn't a problem getting to the second island with the jellify water village and the water repel totem before the first wave arrived.

nashoba08
08-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Keksus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">??? I beat it my first try, no problems at all

Same here. What's the problem? Doesn't even look like your first village is in danger, so theres no chance you can lose this level without trying to lose it. The wave only floods the middle of the map. And it also wasn't a problem getting to the second island with the jellify water village and the water repel totem before the first wave arrived. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem is the map isn't running right, we can't even get to the first island. The tide doesn't lower to expose the land bridge and making one doesn't work either.

Paulenski
08-17-2011, 11:53 PM
This is what I did, if you use Jellify totem, it freezes the water, time it right, you activate it when the tide is coming in, it'll last long enough that the tide will recede by the time the totem time is done.

nashoba08
08-17-2011, 11:56 PM
I suppose that'd work, if I could actually even GET to the jellify totem. It's impossible to cross to the island.

Keksus
08-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by nashoba08:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keksus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">??? I beat it my first try, no problems at all

Same here. What's the problem? Doesn't even look like your first village is in danger, so theres no chance you can lose this level without trying to lose it. The wave only floods the middle of the map. And it also wasn't a problem getting to the second island with the jellify water village and the water repel totem before the first wave arrived. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem is the map isn't running right, we can't even get to the first island. The tide doesn't lower to expose the land bridge and making one doesn't work either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know: You can grab water and place it somewhere else. You can also grad dust and build a bridge with it. That's how I did it.

nashoba08
08-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Keksus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nashoba08:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keksus:

The problem is the map isn't running right, we can't even get to the first island. The tide doesn't lower to expose the land bridge and making one doesn't work either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know: You can grab water and place it somewhere else. You can also grad dust and build a bridge with it. That's how I did it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah, I'm not stupid. I tried it for four hours on multiple attempts building bridges and trying to move water. The problem is that the tides aren't working how they're supposed to. I've seen multiple youtube videos of the level and it isn't working like those. My tides don't lower how they're supposed to. I build a bridge, the water backs up and just floods over even worse, trying to scoop the water even with the breath boost doesn't work.

RblDiver
08-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Same exact problem. I've looked at the walkthroughs, know what I should be doing...but the tide _never_ever_ goes out enough for them to walk across. Even if I pull the water away, more just rushes in, drowning my people.

There is *one* location where the tide goes out. There is a somewhat northern pass which goes by the center (most of the time underwater) totem. I would gladly have my men charge that way....but the idiots don't go there. They go 99% of the time to the southern pass, and get nowhere.

Honestly, I've been enjoying the game up until this point. Now it is just ragequit time. I'm going to have to wait for a trainer or something to get past this one c*ckblock.

fxu
08-18-2011, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by mastermage42:

I derp'd hard. I'm sorry.

Anyway, if you think that level is hard.. wait for the second-to-last, "Movements." That level should've been the last based on difficulty.

avorntur
08-18-2011, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by fxu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mastermage42:

Anyway, if you think that level is hard.. wait for the second-to-last, "Movements." That level should've been the last based on difficulty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You and several others aint getting the point, it's not the difficulty of the map, but the fact the tides are bugged that we're complaining about, and it doesn't seem to be clear what makes the difference either (some people itworks fine, others not so much)

anyway, after having slept for a few hours, I tried it again (and restarted the game several times, and after 3 restarts it's suddenly not bugged, so to others having problems: restart the game till it works.

edit: tested a bit more, it seems that about 90% of the times it's bugged for me, and bugged means that instead of waiting for the cooldown to end it just starts one wave as soon as the previous one is finished.

edit2: game crashed when I finally got it unbugged again, so I spend some hours playing the bugged version before finally beating it (as you can read below in my next post)

psychic717
08-18-2011, 07:28 AM
I really don't understand what's difficult about this level...

You go to all totems except the one is on water when tide comes, then when tide is off you use the destroyer ability to clear the water so that they can populate the totem, when the tide comes you use it again to destroy the incoming water, then when that power ends you use jelly and the totem is fully populated.
After that you can use the infinite earth to make a wall so that water doesn't go inside.

Did you do this? This level is not that hard...

Nijmegen89
08-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by psychic717:
I really don't understand what's difficult about this level...

You go to all totems except the one is on water when tide comes, then when tide is off you use the destroyer ability to clear the water so that they can populate the totem, when the tide comes you use it again to destroy the incoming water, then when that power ends you use jelly and the totem is fully populated.
After that you can use the infinite earth to make a wall so that water doesn't go inside.

Did you do this? This level is not that hard...

Read their posts. They are experiencing a bug.

RblDiver
08-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Finally managed to beat this despite the bug (which caused the tides to go more or less twice per cycle). I constructed a slight dirt path along the "normal" way for them to walk on. I did a constant "bucket brigade" trying to get water out of the central basin. I did this many many times, sometimes getting one person by each wave, sometimes not. But in the end, I FINALLY beat it.

Again, for those who say "it's easy," it wasn't. The thing was bugged.

avorntur
08-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by RblDiver:
Finally managed to beat this despite the bug (which caused the tides to go more or less twice per cycle). I constructed a slight dirt path along the "normal" way for them to walk on. I did a constant "bucket brigade" trying to get water out of the central basin. I did this many many times, sometimes getting one person by each wave, sometimes not. But in the end, I FINALLY beat it.

Again, for those who say "it's easy," it wasn't. The thing was bugged.
I managed to beat the bugged version as well, partly like you by spamming sand on the bridge (it was the only location in the map that still had sand), but it was still very hard to get them across, and I ended up 'washing' the last 2 through the middle by creating water waves to get them to the right island

badbodd
08-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Confirmed, PC version, tide never goes out. Cannot get to Jelly water.

I am now restarting the game over and over to see if it will clear as one poster said it did for him. Will report back if it does.

Saved game sysnc keeps failing too, and disconnected from game once, news failed to load on "Play" screen too. Oh well.

mastermage42
08-18-2011, 11:17 AM
I think something is off with the PC version. The water seems to be rising a lot higher than I saw in any of the guides for the XBOX on youtube.

When I start on the PC version, I have to have moved my 1st totem to the rise a short ways away on the starting island or it gets flooded by the 2nd time the tide returns.

Also, I see XBOX users simply queuing their villagers go to the Jellify Water totem and the knowledge stone as soon as the map starts, because the between the two islands is COMPLETE clear of water for them to cross to the second island. On the PC version, I and other people seem to never have a moment where the water isn't finishing flowing outward, and the tide just comes roaring back in.

The closest I've come is getting 4/5 to the jelly island by dropping a ton of sand from the sunken shores while empowering the breath just as the water reaches its lowest level. However, this didn't even get them half way over; I got lucky while picking up and pouring water to flow from the opposite direction, forcing them to swim to the new island.

This was after almost 2 hours of trying, and when only 4/5 got there, I ragequit. The water seems much higher than what I see in any video guide.

Clockwork_Giant
08-18-2011, 02:32 PM
has anyone found out how to fix the bug yet? no matter how many times i restart the game i experience the same thing, the level is broken

Stikmanlock
08-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I've found an (easier) way to do this. I had some trouble with constant tides (lol, sounds like some kind of illness) but I moved my village immediately to the tallest mountain on that island. Myy village kept getting destroyed with the first wave :|

To get my people to the water protection island I built a small bridge across the water, then when they started to walk across, I'd let them get swept away by the water.

I'd then suck water up in between them and the island I want to go to (so that the people float towards that island) and pour the water behind them (to give them a push).

After I got the water protection, I clear as much water as possible and move my villages to block all the holes. Water still gets over the rocks but it stops a lot of it and it's much easier to clear out the middle.

There's probably an easier way to do it but that's the only way I could find.

Gmer_freak
08-18-2011, 03:49 PM
First off, I'm tired of everyone saying "just use jelly water, then it's easier." The problem is, I can't even get to the Jellify Water Totem, because the tides are too high.

The PC version is bugged. We need a fix. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Winter-Dragon
08-18-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm playing PC too, the water came up just below my starting village which flashed with the flood icon. That doesn't seem right.

Anyway, I completed the level after a dozen tries with the water going that high on every attempt. All it means is a strict timetable and working against the clock to get your villagers across.

1. I completely ignored the totem on my side (the one that gives 'consume all') and focused on the island across the bay.

2. I grabbed as much sand as I could from the lowest places on each island as soon as the level started. The tides permanently flooded those places later for me, so that extra sand really helped.

3. I built my bridge up as the tide going out was still washing over it. My villagers then only had about 10-12 seconds to run across before the tide coming in flooded the bridge again.

4. A lot of this was luck too, sometimes 3/5 of my villagers made it in one crossing, other times only 1 would make it and the rest would stop in the middle with me shouting "You idiots!" ...why would you stop there of all places? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh well, they got there in the end!

Sabritones
08-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by avorntur:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fxu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mastermage42:

Anyway, if you think that level is hard.. wait for the second-to-last, "Movements." That level should've been the last based on difficulty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You and several others aint getting the point, it's not the difficulty of the map, but the fact the tides are bugged that we're complaining about, and it doesn't seem to be clear what makes the difference either (some people itworks fine, others not so much)

anyway, after having slept for a few hours, I tried it again (and restarted the game several times, and after 3 restarts it's suddenly not bugged, so to others having problems: restart the game till it works.

edit: tested a bit more, it seems that about 90% of the times it's bugged for me, and bugged means that instead of waiting for the cooldown to end it just starts one wave as soon as the previous one is finished.

edit2: game crashed when I finally got it unbugged again, so I spend some hours playing the bugged version before finally beating it (as you can read below in my next post) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By restarting the game you mean.... loading the game completely? or just restart the map?

Gmer_freak
08-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Also, right now I'm not necessarily concerned that the level is too hard. The fact that it's much easier on console is what makes me mad.

If the level was that hard for everyone, I might more okay with it. But when I watch walk-throughs, it looks much easier if you're playing on Xbox. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

nome_nemo
08-19-2011, 03:13 AM
the high tide countdown appear so soon that the villager can never reach the island with the repel water totem. Hope that will be fix soon http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Methons
08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
i managed to beat this by using the push and pull water system. well by beat i now have 3 totums. if i could just work out a way to get to the infinate earth totum i would be swimming.

ollebro
08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
I had some serious problems with this map in the beginning but i moved my "totem" to the places where the water would the island and with the water repelling "magic" i managed to complete it.

daskaz
08-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Quick question for the guys claiming it's an easy map [unbugged version]: does your map start with a village already built?

Methons
08-19-2011, 01:12 PM
they all do yes. bugged and unbugged

daskaz
08-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I thought it was weird starting with a village, unlike any other [previous] map.
When the tide started to rape me, I began to think my game was loading some kind of test version of this level. [it felt like the difficulty went up way too fast]

Sabritones
08-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Has anyone with the PC version of the game passed this mission yet? either im stupid or i dunno but i just cant get pass this level.
HELP.

Methons
08-19-2011, 02:04 PM
i have the bugged version and managed to pass the level. seriously i should get a chiev for that. anyway you have to sort of use water to wash your people across the channel. use the pull and push system.

daskaz
08-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Oh my god.. it works.
I used amplify, grabbed water and washed the dragon guy all over the place and he got it!
Thanks Methons!

Methons
08-19-2011, 02:25 PM
what the hell is a dragon guy?

Th3Godlik3
08-19-2011, 02:31 PM
I think he means the guy with the kite, who transports the songs to new villages and/or picks them up.

Kite in some languages is being translated as dragon (in german Kite = Drache, Drache = Dragon)

daskaz
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry, I meant the kite guy.
You could also order them to build a village on the Jellify-water totem and carve up the water from around them when they're at the shore.. kinda like Moses parting the sea and all.
Whoever gets to the other side sticks to the totem, and those who die are replaced by new primitive martyrs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Edit: I took the jellifying village and the repelling-water tablet, but I can't progress because I'm hitting bugs all over the place. [guys get stuck in their place, can't cancel village-creation, 5/5 on village and still nothing happens, etc]
This game has been the greatest troll attempt ever done by a major gaming company, from before release [DRM], through installation [Uplay bugs], and until this level. I give up. They win.

LordNistrum
08-19-2011, 03:21 PM
lol you are all doing it the way i didnt. Just make a huge new island in the middle and join it to your 'Engulf all' island.

The key to getting more Earth (sand), uproot and plant trees on sleep cliff edges.

The sand falls down and mounts up.

Collect the sand and dump it in the middle.

A little time consuming (2hours) but nobody dies.

blackjungle308
08-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey guys!

Yeah, it seems the level is bugged. I start with a village already built. Before the middle even has a chance to drain, the tides comes, collides with the draining water (on the "bridge"), and overflows everything. And no, the initial village is NOT in a safe place. It gets washed out in about 30-50 seconds from the beginning of the level.

However, after a LOT of work, I managed to survive.

I wouldn't recommend washing the kite guy with the push-pull method. It's almost impossible to make him go back and forth in time. I'd recommend this: a little to the north of where your village starts, there's a high cliff, with JUST enough place for a village. I moved my village there the SECOND i started, and already sent people to "colonize" the jelly water totem at the same time.

Since the rocky "bridge" wont stay dry ANYTIME, I immediatelly started to collect a TON of earth (with the amplify), and dumping it on where they should be (but NEVER are) able to cross. Afer about 2 or maximum of 3 "dumps", the tide comes, and sweeps them while they're half way across the "bridge". Then I used the water push-pull method on them.

3 of them got to the "jellyfy" totem, and the rest got carried away, and landed near the now "new" amplify village.

O the second attempt, I managed to dump a little more earth (dang, there's too little earth available when the tide never gets low). When they were mid-way through, the tide came in again, but I managed to "push-pull" them with water.... Then, I FINALLY reached 5 guys on jellyfy... The it gests a liiitle easier.

However, I still feel like I'm cheating, when using this "take water in front of the guy/ dump water behind the guy" to wash them to the correct shore.

Someone should take a ScreenShot of the bugged level (I'm too horrified to load it again) when the tide is coming in, and collides with the water that is still pouring from the bridge, so that people WITHOUT the bugged level understand what we're talking about.

Long post, but I hope it helps people with the budded level, like me.

Cya, Guys.

edit1:
Ah! I forgot to mention... When the guys are crossing the "bridge", and the middle is threatening to engulf them, I do sort of a "bucket brigade", taking as much water from the middle and tide-side, and dumping far away, to get them as far as possible.

LordNistrum
08-19-2011, 07:06 PM
I'll redo that lvl again and post a screeny of how i did it.

Never thought of moving the 1st village :/

If you think that was hard, just wait for the 'wagons of fire' challenge.... thats a fun one took me 3:01. there is a hard way and a very very very easy way to do it. Guess what i took?

Methons
08-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by blackjungle308:
Hey guys!

Yeah, it seems the level is bugged. I start with a village already built ... and dumping far away, to get them as far as possible.

or you could just wash them into the channle and do the push and pull mthing from the start. i got 7 guys over on my first attempt. I also tend to use all the earth to secure the engulf all totum. that said i agree the first totum has to be moved to the highground in this situation.

Terinbune80
08-20-2011, 04:38 AM
Hey gang, while High Tides (PC) isn't beatable the easy way that you see on xbox, it IS possible, I've just done it.

1. Move your first town to the hill so it doesn't get flooded

2. Go ahead and signal for your guys to go towards the jellify totem

3. Gather water (use amplify to gather a lot of it). Wait for the incoming tides and the outgoing tides to move against each other in the channel between your starting island and the island with the jellify totem.

4. Drop your water all at once just behind your tribesmen, pushing them towards the jellify island. It may take a few tries, but I was able to push 5 guys there this way(not all at once, so don't worry, if you just get one over there knowing it's possible will help you get the rest.)

5. Now that you have the jellify ability, go nab the water repel chant. use the jellify when the tide is low and clear a path for your shaman to get to your village on the hill.

6. Wait for low tides again, then jellify water, clear the engulf totem of all of it's water, setup a town there and let your shaman hook up that place with the repel water chant

7. do the same with infinite earth, shouldn't be too hard.

The hardest part was figuring out the timing to use the water to push the tribesman to the jellify totem island. Good Luck!

LordNistrum
08-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Done it again.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/313/land1x.jpg

only had 1 death as a stupid tribes man decided to go for a walk while the water was coming in.

Jelly totum was the last one i got.

Methons
08-20-2011, 10:03 AM
alright that is impressive

LordNistrum
08-20-2011, 10:23 AM
completed the entire game on the PC.

Stikmanlock
08-20-2011, 10:49 AM
High tides (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SBhosZ0CNk)

For anyone who still doesn't understand this is a bug or if you want to see it, this video shows that the water does not drain.

I've also had trouble with villagers not moving, being unable to cancel village rebuild, being unable to rebuild a village etc. I think think map is entirely bugged. It's still finishable and I almost did in that video.

It's the closest I've got to getting the island that early and I wasn't even trying that time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif lol

Methons
08-20-2011, 10:49 AM
stuck on second from last level. trying to deal with that volcano to give my guys long enogth to reach the exit. fortunatly i have everything else

Stikmanlock
08-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Methons:
stuck on second from last level. trying to deal with that volcano to give my guys long enogth to reach the exit. fortunatly i have everything else

I found it (fairly) easy. As soon as you start, get the closest village and start protecting it from water (raise it using dust). After the rain, build a bridge to the lave protection so you don't have to worry about that. You can make a wall around the volcano to force lava elsewhere anyway.

As sson as you can, go for the evaporation village and the infinite sand. After you get them you should be able to complete it with ease. It's mainly just the initial protection of your village, because you have so little time.

LordNistrum
08-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Stik didnt you even read my posts? and look at my pic?

You cant just go over... that wouldnt be a challenge.

You do mean 'movements' or 'emergance'?

Stikmanlock
08-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by LordNistrum:
Stik didnt you even read my posts? and look at my pic?

You cant just go over... that wouldnt be a challenge.

You do mean 'movements' or 'emergance'?

I don't even know what you mean? The only image I saw was one of the high tides level.

So for high tides you can just walk over to the island, unless it's bugged. If you saw my video then you could see that I almost managed to get across even without the water drained.

But I wasn't talking about that in the post before this one, I was talking about the second last level, movements. I almost literally just sent my people across the volcano. I admit, I had to be quick and use walls to block lava and that, but it still wasn't as hard as High tides (bugged).

I know it's not a challenge, but I want to complete the levels lol.

I hope that explains?

LordNistrum
08-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Stikmanlock:

For anyone who still doesn't understand this is a bug or if you want to see it, this video shows that the water does not drain.

I've also had trouble with villagers not moving, being unable to cancel village rebuild, being unable to rebuild a village etc. I think think map is entirely bugged. It's still finishable and I almost did in that video.

It's the closest I've got to getting the island that early and I wasn't even trying that time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif lol

look at the time stamps.... i was refering to your post with the video.

Ok my fault for not putting 'Methons' infront of 'You do mean 'movements' or 'emergance'?'

minusthedrifter
08-20-2011, 05:33 PM

If this video is similar to what other people are experiencing than the problem isn't a bug it's your PC.

Does the water in previous levels also act like that? It's way to jellified, it should be a lot more fluid, like real water. When you drop a handful of water it should not build up like it does at 3:50, or at any other point in the video.

The problem appear to be that your PC isn't able to handle the water physics in that level. Or perhaps all levels if water always acts like that. It could be that since that level is almost entirely water, and moving water at that, your PC doesn't have the processing power it requires to render and move all of the water physics.

So, does water always act like that? Further what are your system specs?

plasticslug
08-20-2011, 08:23 PM
This is how you complete the level like a boss....

http://i.imgur.com/1Zo0Gl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sOfiMl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OvifGl.jpg

Project_Xii
08-21-2011, 05:24 AM
Yup, definitely beatable, and not that hard. It just requires good timing and skilled use of your powers. Also praying that the little guy with the kite gets to the pillars before the water hits him.

This thread had me worried before I played the game, but I'm glad it turned out to be over exaggeration.

Stikmanlock
08-21-2011, 06:12 AM
@ LordNistrum
Ok I'm still not sure what you mean lol, but it dm lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And @minusthedrifter
I had thought it might have been my PC, but I've got a Intel core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz processor. According to Steam I meet the minimum required for it.

I suppose I mightn't have the 'best' processor for From Dust, but I'm sure it shouldn't have that bad an effect on the game.

Nijmegen89
08-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Could I ask the people who have this bug (my pc version has it too) if their tsunamis are the right size? Mine are baby sized taking away all challenge to the levels they appear in.

For reference here is a XBox video of how it SHOULD look in "roar of the sea" while for me it barely manages to wash away the first village;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...er_detailpage#t=194s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv9xTo-g2EA&feature=player_detailpage#t=194s)

Stikmanlock
08-21-2011, 09:50 AM
My tsunamis are the correct size. I don't know why it's doing that on yours. The only thing I could think is that there is something wrong with the 'timer'. So your tsunamis are released to early, before they get big enough...

I don't actually know if that's how the game works though, lol. But it might explain why we get constant flooding on the high tides level (timers ending too quick or something).

There's probably some code that is affected by something on our computers, so unless we have EXACTLY the same spec we'll end up having small or huge differences or bugs.

Riiku2
08-21-2011, 10:17 AM
That's called "poor programming"

And the game should use GPU for physics simulation, not CPU. I dunno if it possible without Physx thou...

BUt anyway, poor programming all the way

Nijmegen89
08-21-2011, 10:45 AM
My tsunamis are the correct size. I don't know why it's doing that on yours. The only thing I could think is that there is something wrong with the 'timer'. So your tsunamis are released to early, before they get big enough...

I don't actually know if that's how the game works though, lol. But it might explain why we get constant flooding on the high tides level (timers ending too quick or something).

The timer thing might be right, they appear to reach the right height, but nothing really comes after them and they wither into small little waves pretty damn fast. I'll try to put up a screeny later.

Riiku2
08-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Holy sh*t, mates, I've nailed it! I've basically cancelled out the bug.

I wished I'd record a youtube movie, but I'm to lazy, so here's EXACTLY the steps I did and it worked:

2. EXACTLY after your village is replaced (the moment after the d-pad reappears in the upper-left) SAVE the game.

3. Now quit the game ENTIRELY (if you continue playing, the bug manifest itself)

4. Now run the game again and load the saved game. The tide should come away the next time and the pass to the jelly totem is clear!

After I've beaten the level, I've repeated these steps again, and it worked! So if not working on you, try to experiment with point at wich you save the game.

I've also tried the push-pull trick, and managed to get jelly totem on a bugged level, but couldn't get the earth totem since it never drains around it.

Anyway, hope it helps

minusthedrifter
08-21-2011, 04:18 PM
And @minusthedrifter
I had thought it might have been my PC, but I've got a Intel core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz processor. According to Steam I meet the minimum required for it.

I suppose I mightn't have the 'best' processor for From Dust, but I'm sure it shouldn't have that bad an effect on the game.

What kind of graphics card do you have then? Though other than the water your game appears to run smooth enough... Has water always acted like that? It might just be the mass amounts off moving water that's bogging your PC down.

Double check as well that all your card drivers are up to date and see if closing some background tasks help at all.

It really does look like a PC problem over an actual bug. Take a look real quick at this video, notice how much more fluid the water is and how much more quickly it flows out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...yer_detailpage#t=45s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgf7AOPe2XA&feature=player_detailpage#t=45s)

Since your water is moving so much slower it is unable to drain before the timer hits. If it were flowing how it is suppose to flow you'd be money.

If all else fails you could always just try a reinstall to see if perhaps your water physic files were bugged or something.

blackjungle308
08-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Aaah... I forgot to mention... After building a poor sand bridge, I placed some fire trees there.... I sorta helped to keep thing in control... Water seems to evaporate quicker with the trees than they drain...

mahzian
08-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Riiku2:
Holy sh*t, mates, I've nailed it! I've basically cancelled out the bug.

I wished I'd record a youtube movie, but I'm to lazy, so here's EXACTLY the steps I did and it worked:

2. EXACTLY after your village is replaced (the moment after the d-pad reappears in the upper-left) SAVE the game.

3. Now quit the game ENTIRELY (if you continue playing, the bug manifest itself)

4. Now run the game again and load the saved game. The tide should come away the next time and the pass to the jelly totem is clear!

After I've beaten the level, I've repeated these steps again, and it worked! So if not working on you, try to experiment with point at wich you save the game.

I've also tried the push-pull trick, and managed to get jelly totem on a bugged level, but couldn't get the earth totem since it never drains around it.

Anyway, hope it helps

thanks so much, I spent the good part of half the day trying to beat those cruddy tides, this approach worked like a charm thanks! I swear once the tides were behaving it was almost too easy...

LordNistrum
08-22-2011, 07:06 AM
^^ Thats what you call an exploit. ^^

Easier to do it my way tho.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/313/land1x.jpg

Just make a huge new island in the middle and join it to your 'Engulf all' island.

The key to getting more Earth (sand), uproot and plant trees on steep cliff edges.

The sand falls down and mounts up.

Collect the sand and dump it in the middle.

A little time consuming (2hours) but nobody dies.

Stikmanlock
08-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by minusthedrifter:
What kind of graphics card do you have then? Though other than the water your game appears to run smooth enough... Has water always acted like that? It might just be the mass amounts off moving water that's bogging your PC down.

Double check as well that all your card drivers are up to date and see if closing some background tasks help at all.

It really does look like a PC problem over an actual bug. Take a look real quick at this video, notice how much more fluid the water is and how much more quickly it flows out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...yer_detailpage#t=45s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgf7AOPe2XA&feature=player_detailpage#t=45s)

Since your water is moving so much slower it is unable to drain before the timer hits. If it were flowing how it is suppose to flow you'd be money.

If all else fails you could always just try a reinstall to see if perhaps your water physic files were bugged or something.

I think it's an ATI radeon 5450, which is above the system requirements also. I've checked water on another level and it seems to be a bit better.

I'm pretty sure my drivers are up to date and I haven't got many background programs running. It doesn't bother me too much, because I completed the level before I found out it wasn't supposed to be like that lol.

Also, isn't that video on the xbox 360? The guy's name is 'Mr360games' and the video was released 7 August, lol.

Anyway, how many people with from dust on PC are not having this problem? I dunno if many will reply, because if they don't have the problem they mightn't be on here lol.

Charybds
08-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Man, if you are having issues with this one you will puke bricks when you get to movements (took me 5 hours lol) .. the trick to High tides is to keep replanting the trees (I found the fire trees the most useful as you can plant them at the edge of your sand and gain a few seconds from their drying effect .. you need them to grow right up for this so try to keep them from getting washed away too often (or setting fire to your villages lol).. in the end it,s just time consuming and realize that the submerged totem is the last one you get when you have jellify to hold back the tide long enough to cap it and move it to dry land .. be careful using the absorb ball thing as you can inadvertently suck up sand as well as water which will set you back badly .. good luck .. the next few after that one are not quite as wierd ..

minusthedrifter
08-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Also, isn't that video on the xbox 360? The guy's name is 'Mr360games' and the video was released 7 August, lol.

Anyway, how many people with from dust on PC are not having this problem? I dunno if many will reply, because if they don't have the problem they mightn't be on here lol.

It is from the Xbox correct, however it doesn't change the fact that video is how water is suppose to flow. I actually play From Dust on my laptop as well and not only do I not have this issue but the water flows exactly like it does in this Xbox video.

Stikmanlock
08-24-2011, 08:20 AM
The only possible explanation is that your laptop is an xbox lol. If all PC users are having this problem apart from you, then something is wrong. It's ridiculous if they've released a game which stops working correctly if you have a bit of Dust in your machine(ironic maybe?).

And lol @Charybds, if movements is the second last level then I found it quite easy. You just have to be quick.

Edit: I wonder if that's a bug also? That this level seems fairly easy. What about anyone else on PC, how did you find it?

badbodd
08-25-2011, 12:34 PM
This level sux on PC. I'v tried all the tips mentioned above and cant get the tides to 'un'-bug. I managed to get 3 totems but the one in center is impossible. even if I get it clear the the villagers are just standing round and jelly runs out etc etc, would like this fixed cos no fun not being able to get the real part, SANDBOX!

shop59A688631
08-28-2011, 12:46 PM
I have the same problem, on my PC the water never drains away to leave a path to the second island, whether I put sand there to help them cross or not (to be honest adding sand seemed to reduce the rate of drainage of the central basin making it less likely).

Oh, so I thought I'd try changing my graphics options to make it run better (given comments about it being related to PC performance)...only there aren't any graphic options, other than screen resolution. Genius...not.

Scatcycle
08-29-2011, 08:28 AM
It's actually pretty easy. At the cost of a couple men. Send your men to the other island. Once they reach the waves and start yelling at you, wait for the tide to go mostly back in. Use Amplify the breath to soak up the water in the path and quickly deposit somewhere else. Keep doing this very fast and at least a couple of your guys will make it across. Keep doing this, as your main village will somehow reproduce. Enough will get across. Then you can do what I did, something awesome: Block the tide. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKu80_6iBsg)

rovaira
08-31-2011, 01:32 AM
Thanks. I finally figured it out. I kept building the bridge across the island high. I probably didn't need to build it so high, but later I did the trick of sucking up the water and got over. This level and all the levels have been pretty awesome so far. I wonder how sandbox is at the end.

ledi_ruf
09-05-2011, 03:50 AM
I managed to beat this level within the first week of its PC release. It was pretty painful but I just didn't want to give up.
Here's what I did (note that this takes a lot of patience and time):
Get all the earth in the level - and I do say all of it because you will need A LOT. Use it to build a bridge to the jellify water totem. Set the fire trees on it. Send your guys over. After a while, you will have a village there. Get the repel water stone, have it secure both of your villages. For the consume all totem, complete the wall towards the middle, then get the water out of there and build a village. For the infinite earth totem, use the earth from your bridge. First use the earth to raise the ground where the totem stands, then try to create a circle of earth around it. Use the fire trees to repel the water. When the water is at its lowest point, jellify it, then use consume all like crazy. With enough patience, you will have gotten rid of enough water to build a village. As soon as you have the infinite earth ability, just dump all of the earth on the totem, then get rid of the fire trees (you don't want your village to burn down). When the totem is secured against water, just use infinite earth as you like.

ButtercupSaiyan
11-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Welp, I had to get an account for this game so I may as well make use of it.

I, too, am stuck at the beginning. I did discover I could move my home totem with spacebar but when restarting the map, sometimes it doesn't work (doesn't highlight the totem)

Any advice?

Kaupo2008
05-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Okay, first off, I have the PC version and had the exact same problem. The landbridge to the jellify water village didn't surface.
Here's what you do (at least what helped me) Turn your resolution down to 600x800 and for some reason it works then. Add a little dirt and once you have the jellifying and amplyfying this entire stage is a cakewalk.
So yeah.. maybe thatswhy no errors occur on the 360, lower graphics by deafult... hope this helps!

NTTD
06-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Had the same issue here, Tide was rushing in while the basin was still full.
Funny thing though, when I started the game after reading this thread the level was functioning normally. There was actually time for the tribe people to get across.
It still took a few cycles because they would often try to cross too early and be swept away, or be queued in the wrong location and take too long to get to the correct one.

For those having this issue just keep restarting the level (as mentioned before) until it works right. you'll notice the difference at the first tide cycle. It was night and day, I saw parts of the island when the tide receded that in previous plays were always submerged. The central basin drains about 99% before the next tide cycle comes in.
I found that moving the jellify water village close to the the infinite earth one, gave them just enough time (when using jellify water) to build that village and get the repel water knowledge kite there. It took a few times for the timing to work out, but it did in the end.

If this video is similar to what other people are experiencing than the problem isn't a bug it's your PC.

Does the water in previous levels also act like that? It's way to jellified, it should be a lot more fluid, like real water. When you drop a handful of water it should not build up like it does at 3:50, or at any other point in the video.

The problem appear to be that your PC isn't able to handle the water physics in that level. Or perhaps all levels if water always acts like that. It could be that since that level is almost entirely water, and moving water at that, your PC doesn't have the processing power it requires to render and move all of the water physics.

So, does water always act like that? Further what are your system specs?

I don't thing processing power is the issue, at least no in my case. I'm running two 9800GT cards in SLI and yet still experienced this (can run Arkham City on fairly high settings).
The issue , as I see it, is that the tide timing cycle was increased, I did not notice a difference in the flow of the water. In the "bugged" version the tide timer would restart again after a short time (under a minute). Finally after several restarts, the time between tide cycles was much longer (well over a minute, maybe 2+) giving enough time for the water to drain.
Also the fact that it can behave differently on a restart of the level tends to point to a bug, and not a PC issue.

TEKPRST
07-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Okay, first off, I have the PC version and had the exact same problem. The landbridge to the jellify water village didn't surface.
Here's what you do (at least what helped me) Turn your resolution down to 600x800 and for some reason it works then. Add a little dirt and once you have the jellifying and amplyfying this entire stage is a cakewalk.
So yeah.. maybe thatswhy no errors occur on the 360, lower graphics by deafult... hope this helps!

That worked for me! Was running at 1920 x 1080. Adjusted to 800x600 and wow, that looked bad on my 25" screen. But the water worked perfectly and I was able to easily beat that level after spending hours on it prior to finding this thread. Had not been that frustrated with a game in a long time.

LZKorin
08-06-2012, 10:52 PM
My Media Center PC has this issue and I'm willing to bet it's the frame-rate causing the issue. My gaming rig had no problem with the level and the water levels receded appropriately.

If the level starts at a high tide and your frame rate is low, then the water will take longer to leave. The timer, however, works on real time and not frame-rate. So if the tide only has 10 seconds of in-game time to recede than the 30 seconds the games THINKS it's giving you, the tide will just stay really high. If your frame-rate is fast enough, the water will have plenty of time to lower enough for the land bridge to be revealed.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any tweaks to making the game run any smoother beyond lowering your resolution. The game offers no real performance options. Your best bets would be to transfer the game saves to a PC that can run it and continue from there, or use a cheat. I don't know the rules of the forums so I won't mention anything else about them.

And it wouldn't have any errors on consoles because I'm sure they optimized it on those machines. They don't have to guess what hardware is being used unlike PC games. So find ways to increase your frame-rate, or bum someone else's computer. I doubt it will be fixed by the developer.

LordNistrum
08-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Lol i cant believe people are still having trouble with this level. Its not impossible. I have finished it without get any of the other totums. It is not a frame rate problem. Used my brothers PC (just meets minimum requrements) to play the level and there is no difference to the game (except graphics and the occasional crash) to my 16b ram power PC.

I posted a screen on this thread a while back on how i do it. Only takes 35-45 min to complete. (bottom of page 5)

Evox81
08-23-2012, 08:12 PM
For what it's worth, I can confirm without question that the problems people experience with the water not receeding far enough is most certainly a issue with PC performance. I recently upgraded from a computer that barely met the minimum specs for the the game to a i7-2600 w/ 16GB but kept the same video card until I could afford a new one. The level was equally unbeatable with both configurations and the old video card (Radeon HD 3650). I recently purchased a new video card (GT640) and the first time I loaded this level it was immediately different. The water is completely different.

The same goes for the challenge level "Atlantis"... previously the islands didn't come up far enough and I couldn't get my villages bult in time. With the new graphics card all of the problems have disappeared.

DucieDecorum
01-02-2013, 12:30 AM
Old thread, but FWIW I beat the level on a bog standard PC (Athlon twin core, 4GB memory, Win XP) with the short tide interval. On the most direct crossing, I used a combination of sand bridge (for the side nearest the village only, water grab using the enhanced level (3 key) and then dropping the water to wash the followers to the island. It's the last trick which makes the differenece. Get 5 warriors to the jellify water totem, then it's easy to get the infinite earth totem (in the middle of the big lake). Get the repel water totem first, then apply jelly on the lake totem at lowest tide (so that there is less water to scoop) and the jelly holds back the incoming tide. It takes two cycles to do; the first to get your followers to worship the totem then, when they've been washed away, they get there quicker the 2nd time and there's time for the repel water spell to be propagated. Once you have infinite earth, you can raise the 3rd totem high enough that it doesn't get flooded. After that, you can play around making lots of new land and taming those tides. Just be careful where you place the fire tree! I was just about to finish, having turned the entire map to land, when I got burnt out lol.

sings_in_tune
01-15-2013, 12:45 AM
I just got a new video card because my old one melted. And when I went to play the high tides level (my favorite) it was just different. I never had a problem with the first village being washed away with the old card, now I see what people are talking about, the water washes right over it where before the water just caused minimal damage. And the tides are just different, they are slower or something, I can't really say how, but just different. I can still do the level but who would think that a different video card would change the game like that.

So you really don't know what other people are seeing.

PS: my old card was an Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT