PDA

View Full Version : Dying in campaign

Firedragon1717
03-08-2005, 01:41 AM
For those who tried it out at the ubi soft game day, in a campaign what happens when you die? Do you get a new uboat or it's over and you get a screen of stats?

bertgang
03-08-2005, 05:10 AM
New boats for dead captains? Are you speaking of ghost ships?

Firedragon1717
03-08-2005, 05:29 AM
The Idea isnt that crazy....if you die in one uboat you assume control of another uboat as another captain but you resume at the same time period so at least if you die you can play on as another captain until the end of the theatre.

EFileTahi-A
03-08-2005, 05:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Firedragon1717:
The Idea isnt that crazy....if you die in one uboat you assume control of another uboat as another captain but you resume at the same time period so at least if you die you can play on as another captain until the end of the theatre. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but how does the game actully play it? New game or resuming the game in another sub?

bertgang
03-08-2005, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Firedragon1717:
The Idea isnt that crazy....if you die in one uboat you assume control of another uboat as another captain but you resume at the same time period so at least if you die you can play on as another captain until the end of the theatre. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, now I understand.
It's what I often try to do, starting a new career, when one of my Aod captains dies: but the result is unaccurate, as AOD's time selection runs by periods, not by exact date.

Athlonics
03-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Very simple,

There are checkpoints on the sea, so if you die you'll respawn on the last checkpoint you passed and you can finish your work ...

mmmmhh ...

No wait a sec, that was in "Mario in the navy" game !
Sorry. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif