PDA

View Full Version : Schreeech!!!!

Poacher886a
08-09-2005, 01:41 AM
My god,
I just blew my speaker...no seriously,im near an enemy port motionless and had saved the game.

I loaded it up as usual and cranked the volume up as usual and went to make a coffee....

Suddenly a huge schreech noise comes out of the speakers and blows one of my 5.1's!!!

I load up again and the same?? i have played for many months and never heard this before,its ok after the noise,but WTF is that???

The Avon Lady
08-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Anti-sub nets bug.

Search the forums here. A well known outstanding problem.

lecek
08-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Poacher886a:
My god,
I just blew my speaker...no seriously,im near an enemy port motionless and had saved the game.

I loaded it up as usual and cranked the volume up as usual and went to make a coffee....

Suddenly a huge schreech noise comes out of the speakers and blows one of my 5.1's!!!

I load up again and the same?? i have played for many months and never heard this before,its ok after the noise,but WTF is that???

You think you had it bad? I had my headset on.

WilhelmSchulz.-
08-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Anti-sub nets. BRRR, sends chils down my spine.

VinSoft1982
08-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Is that what it is? I always thought I ran aground... And then you take damage right?

WilhelmSchulz.-
08-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Yea 1 or 2 percent.

captsteubie
08-10-2005, 12:38 AM
I always have to turn my speakers down if I recover a save from when I was under attack. All my lights blow out and it is extremely loud. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

U-49
08-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Poacher886a:
My god, I just blew my speaker...no seriously I've had that happen too. I still have nightmares.

Jonny211
08-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Hmmm... I have problems with the sound distorting and breaking down into shash. This usually happens after a torpedo hit.

Jon

The Avon Lady
08-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Jonny211:
Hmmm... I have problems with the sound distorting and breaking down into shash. This usually happens after a torpedo hit.

Try lowering your audio adapter's HARDWARE ACELERATION setting.

Make sure you've got the latest drivers for your audio adapter.

If you've got an old SB Live card, consider moving up to something more up-to-date, even if a simple model.

Poacher886a
08-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by captsteubie:
I always have to turn my speakers down if I recover a save from when I was under attack. All my lights blow out and it is extremely loud. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Thats interesting i've experienced the same!!
Im glad to know its a common bug and not my Pc..

I have to say,i think the biggest let down in this game is actually the sound!!
The individual sound are ok(except aircraft)but its the way they are either on or off where ships, aircraft etc are concerened..

you should here a ship's sound gradualy getting louder not just suddenly on!! and the same when you are underwater,they sound exactly the same sound and its still on or off!!