PDA

View Full Version : Guitar volume too low coming out of tv

bpeasey
10-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi,

I have a Yamaha Pacifica, with volume turned to 10. I can barely hear it coming from my tv, which is turn high enough to hear the verbal instructions. Am I missing something. Never played guitar before, so not sure if it is me, the guitar or the game.

Thanks.

prairieson
10-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Had the same problem with my setup. I went into settings and turned everything but the guitar volume down(everything was maxed by default, so I couldn't just turn the guitar volume up).

Funk-n-Stein
10-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by bpeasey:
Hi,

I have a Yamaha Pacifica, with volume turned to 10. I can barely hear it coming from my tv, which is turn high enough to hear the verbal instructions. Am I missing something. Never played guitar before, so not sure if it is me, the guitar or the game.

Thanks.

Sounds like you need a guitar that goes to 11....

powderedtoast7
10-27-2011, 06:39 AM
All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Philtho
10-27-2011, 04:56 PM
I had this issue as well. It was the Rocksmith cable. I twisted it to make sure if it was plugged in all the way and I heard a crackle noise like a short, and then it was loud. If I twist the cable it does the same thing, so my cable is a bit shoddy. This happens on all my guitars, so it's not the guitar jack. Just don't mess with it once you get it sounding loud.

I have a feeling they have a design flaw on the cables, because I've seen a lot of people saying they're not getting any sound out of their guitars, or it keeps saying its unplugged when it isn't.

I could also not register low E strings off and on, either.

Annoying.

bpeasey
10-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Thanks guys. Will try these suggestions out tonight.

CircusMidget_TS
10-28-2011, 07:57 AM
It definitely sounds like it could be an issue with the cable and you may need to replace it. One other thing to try is to make sure you don't have the PS Move (Kinect if you have the 360) connected and if you have a headset, unplug this as well. Basically, unplug everything that isn't a controller or guitar and I have heard reports of the front USB ports of the 360 causing issues and plugging the guitar into the back USB port of the 360 may fix the issue.