PDA

View Full Version : Menu Issues Thread

goldsac
10-28-2011, 01:52 AM
I like the organized effort idea too, so I thought I'd start something up for issues purely related to the menu system. I find it to be sloppy in some ways. Minor issues, to be sure, but all the more easily fixed all the same. Here's what I've found so far:

1. The sort order of songs always reverts to 'by song' criteria. I'm one who would much rather set my own defaults, namely by artist (or by difficulty, length, etc; whatever your preference ought to be customizable)

2. When I'm done using e.g. Leveler in riff repeater, and would like to test something out in Accelerator or Free Speed, for some reason it exits to the journey mode, and I have to navigate all the way back through the song list and select the desired riff repeater. I'm sorry, I have to write this one up as a dumb error - the circle button is supposed to be the 'back' button, just like it is in every other aspect of the game.

3. Lag in general; namely, the painful length of time it takes to save data. I think most of us get annoyed by this one (it's just a couple seconds longer that I can tolerate repeatedly, personally), so we might as well get it out of the way.

4. Someone else had mentioned cover art load speed, and the possible option to change view types. With a list view, you can bypass the cover load speed, and navigate much smoother/faster if it's your preference.

evoljake
10-29-2011, 10:33 AM
My complaint is similar to your #2. I go to the song list and play a song. When I'm done, I can't just pick a new song. I have to "Continue Journey" which takes me out of the song list, go back into the song list from the menu, and pick a new song. That's some lazy UI.

goldsac
10-29-2011, 01:25 PM
I've got another one, a friend of mine made a good point:

Ability to disable auto-save.

If you have a friend over, you don't want their playing to mess up all of your phrase levels, especially if you're trying to track your own improvement/progress. The only work around I can think of for this is to create a 'dummy' PS3 profile to use for these situations. It works, but it's not ideal.

skullthug
10-30-2011, 04:28 PM
- Playing a song several times is painful because once the song is finished it LOADS to the replay screen with the Play Again prompt, which will then LOAD the entire song all over again including testing tuning again (which seems really unnecessary IMO). All this really ruins your focus.
People have to hack around it by pausing at the end of the song and hitting Restart. This unfortunately kills any progress you may have made in leveling up phrases.

- If you exit out of a free-song or practice mode it seems to always take you back to your "Journey/Career" section instead of back to the full-song listing or practice mode you just left.

- Having to exit the song and return to the menu just to change phrases in the riff repeater seems extremely sloppy. The load times here are enough to put me off from ever bothering with riff repeater, which is terrible because I REALLY WANT TO USE IT.

- Why is there a giant "SAVING" prompt blocking me from doing anything? This is 2011, everyone now does the indicative animated saving icon in the corner + "If you see this icon don't turn off your console" message- thus leaving the user to do stuff while you're saving.

- I don't need to see the "How to hook up your audio / guitar" prompts anymore on the title screen. I've got it. I've been playing for over a week now. You should hide these now.

- LCD audio offset desperately needs some UI/audio elements to help you test the offset number you choose. Having to go load up a song to see if you chose the right one is incredibly poor design.