PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know whats IN the demo?

jburbank83
09-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Has anyone heard any speculation or any facts as to what the demo is going to include?

Is it MP, SP or both? What mission or missions will be available. If it is MP is it only spys VS bots? Or is it a complete online package but with only one or two levels?

Will it include all the normal gadgets and moves? Or will it be limited for demo purposes? Will it be stripped graphically or cosmetically somehow to fit under 1Gb like most demos? For instance will we only get half of a level for some odd reason?

Some of these questions may sound absurd. I just want to stir up some speculative dust.

jburbank83
09-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Has anyone heard any speculation or any facts as to what the demo is going to include?

Is it MP, SP or both? What mission or missions will be available. If it is MP is it only spys VS bots? Or is it a complete online package but with only one or two levels?

Will it include all the normal gadgets and moves? Or will it be limited for demo purposes? Will it be stripped graphically or cosmetically somehow to fit under 1Gb like most demos? For instance will we only get half of a level for some odd reason?

Some of these questions may sound absurd. I just want to stir up some speculative dust.

cooldude6681
09-15-2006, 12:29 AM
PC gets both singleplayer and multiplayer demos, Xbox 360 gets the multiplayer. That's all we know so far.

SplintacellDA
09-15-2006, 06:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
PC gets both singleplayer and multiplayer demos, Xbox 360 gets the multiplayer. That's all we know so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no xbox 360 has single and multiplayer....we dont know what PC has yet......

savov
09-15-2006, 06:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SplintacellDA:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
PC gets both singleplayer and multiplayer demos, Xbox 360 gets the multiplayer. That's all we know so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no xbox 360 has single and multiplayer....we dont know what PC has yet...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rhoulette:
<span class="ev_code_pink">DEMOS

Ok, so it€s not all completely good news. This topic contains a piece of unfortunate news and a piece of good news, but I think (hope) you€ll be content about it in the end.

Unfortunate News first: we will not be having a public beta test of versus mode (PC) like we did for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. We€re sorry, we tried to make it happen, but it just wasn€t meant to be this time.

Good News: We WILL be having demos for you. The dev team has confirmed that we will be doing an Xbox360 multiplayer demo, and single-player AND multiplayer demos for PC. I do not have official dates for you yet so I€ll have to get back to you on that, but we can all probably estimate that these demos won€t be showing up sooner than a month before launch because no one ever releases demos earlier than that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FVipe
09-15-2006, 07:44 AM
And before any xboxer starts complaining of the lack of SP demo, it's only because the PC gamers need to test the game's graphics on their PC and see if they need to spend more money on upgrades.

We all know it will run a its max in every xbox360.

braiog
09-15-2006, 08:41 AM
To my knowledge, PC is getting SP and MP demo, XBOX360 is getting MP demo.

To my assumption, the MP demo is going to be "Boss House", and the SP demo will be the Kinshasa(sp?) level. The only reason why I'm guessing these two is because to me, in MP and SP, those are the maps we've seen the most of in what little footage Ubi has released of the game.

That reminds me though --- It's nearing the point of 1 month til release (unless they push it back again) and there's little to no media push, coverage, or advertisement going on... Kind of a spooky silence for a Splinter Cell series game release.

jburbank83
09-15-2006, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by braiog:
To my knowledge, PC is getting SP and MP demo, XBOX360 is getting MP demo.

To my assumption, the MP demo is going to be "Boss House", and the SP demo will be the Kinshasa(sp?) level. The only reason why I'm guessing these two is because to me, in MP and SP, those are the maps we've seen the most of in what little footage Ubi has released of the game.

That reminds me though --- It's nearing the point of 1 month til release (unless they push it back again) and there's little to no media push, coverage, or advertisement going on... Kind of a spooky silence for a Splinter Cell series game release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im going to guess Boss House as well.

As for why there hasnt been any media coverage; I believe you could blame TGS for that. All the press was doing travel and coverage preparation for TGS, and now they are currently covering it. As soon as the smoke clears you can bet someone is going to spill their guts.

Chief-ubi.com
09-15-2006, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by braiog:
To my knowledge, PC is getting SP and MP demo, XBOX360 is getting MP demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In My Humble Opinion,righthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DimonW2
09-15-2006, 10:42 AM
No. Its true )

spychaos
09-15-2006, 01:47 PM
PC--------xbox360
sp & MP demos ---------Mp demos
backgounds---------Themes
videos-----------videos
AIM buddys--------gamer pics
maps etc.-----------maps etc.

*although uncofirmed with the gamerpics and themes look wat ubi did whith GRAW