PDA

View Full Version : SC:DA Post Patch 1.02

Ubi_Warder
12-13-2006, 10:51 AM
I am compiling a list of current problems still in Splinter Cell: Double Agent after the release of patch 1.02. The items that I am looking for are descrptive problems still within the game that can be reproduced repeatedly. I will need confirmations for the problems reported from other players.

Bertus-DoD
12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
There is a counsil for a list of problems. Ask Rhoulette for more info, she has a main role in the counsil. That is making the connection between devs and the counsil members (all members play the game).

I hope you get allot further with it.

LlamaguyAE
12-13-2006, 04:26 PM
there are still a bunch of fps issues
no 8800 support from what i heard
for some reason, the electronic lockpick and the enhanced scope for sc20k doesnt unlock nor there<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7017/415sig0sz.png (http://imageshack.us)

Webhed
12-13-2006, 08:40 PM
When I've been playing for a while, the frame rate starts to get choppy, and then Sam goes completely black, so all you see is a silhouette. It did that before the patch, too. The only way to fix it is to shut the game down and reopen it.

RichRam
12-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Support for nvidia 8800 video card series would be great.

when you finally get the game running with the short cut option splintercell4.exe -|| the graphics are still all messed up. sam is on LDS or mushrooms...lol every thing is multi colored.

what a JOKE!

SYSTEM SPECS
------------------------------------
intel 6600e
2 gig of Corsair XMS2 Dominator ddr2 800 epp ram
2 - EVGA 8800 GTS in SLI
EVGA 680i MotherBoard
4 - 80gig Hard drives in a RAID stipe
900WATTS of POWER.

Tencive
12-14-2006, 12:05 PM
After installing patch 1.02*) the unlockables now work. But, in Kinshasa Streets the game still CTDs after quickloading or loading a saved game. Every time.

*) it said that this path was just for the US version but even though I have the European version it did install without errors. Patch 1.01 was installed earlier.

dedday
12-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm still having terrible fps after patch 1.02
On second level (prison level), the fps is as low as 7 fps when you're looking down from the top to all of the prison cells beneath you.

LlamaguyAE
12-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by dedday:
I'm still having terrible fps after patch 1.02
On second level (prison level), the fps is as low as 7 fps when you're looking down from the top to all of the prison cells beneath you.

same, the cozumel was a very bad disaster fps wise, i got only 10 fps when just looking down at sam, 3 when i look straight ahead<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Nilt-
12-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Ubi_Warder:
I am compiling a list of current problems still in Splinter Cell: Double Agent after the release of patch 1.02. The items that I am looking for are descrptive problems still within the game that can be reproduced repeatedly. I will need confirmations for the problems reported from other players.

Still getting CtDs in Kinshasha when trying to load a saved game.

Still unable to play with SLI enabled due to white flashing/strobing on any light source.

Still getting ridiculously slow FPS in man y places (10 or so) while others are fine (30 and up).

Still an odd slowdown when moving onto stairs in the HQ missions.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--
Nilt

With Google (http://www.Google.com), all things are possible.

Rickster48
12-15-2006, 11:32 AM
After patching to 1.02, I can't even play the game anymore. The first thing I did was try to "Continue", and it locked up while loading, forcing me to reboot.

After that, I tried making a new game, and it locked up again, forcing me to reboot. After that, I tried the training missions, in the hopes that at least those would load, but it locked up again, forcing me (yet again) to reboot.

After that, I tried setting my settings down a bit, but then I remember another bug: MY SETTINGS WON'T ****ING SAVE.

So I guess I'm screwed until the ****ing *******s at Shanghai fix this ****... The game ran fine until this patch...

Edit: Almost forgot, system specs:

AMD Sempron 2800+ ~2.0Ghz
Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra
512MB RAM

I'm running all of the latest drivers for my hardware, and I have the latest DirectX (9.0c).

LlamaguyAE
12-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Rickster48:
After patching to 1.02, I can't even play the game anymore. The first thing I did was try to "Continue", and it locked up while loading, forcing me to reboot.

After that, I tried making a new game, and it locked up again, forcing me to reboot. After that, I tried the training missions, in the hopes that at least those would load, but it locked up again, forcing me (yet again) to reboot.

After that, I tried setting my settings down a bit, but then I remember another bug: MY SETTINGS WON'T ****ING SAVE.

So I guess I'm screwed until the ****ing *******s at Shanghai fix this ****... The game ran fine until this patch...

512MB RAM

I'm running all of the latest drivers for my hardware, and I have the latest DirectX (9.0c).

your graphics card is what i got and it runs great, but 512 mb ram? 2.0gh?? sorry man, but you just posted your problem and answer in the same post<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Rickster48
12-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by LlamaguyAE:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rickster48:

512MB RAM

your graphics card is what i got and it runs great, but 512 mb ram? 2.0gh?? sorry man, but you just posted your problem and answer in the same post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It ran absolutely fine, and smooth, before the patch. This only started happening AFTER I patched. Btw, there's more to a proc than Ghz... As for RAM, I agree that I could use more, but the game runs smooth enough for my liking (until now, of course...).

Ase1985
04-03-2007, 04:50 AM
I have the same problems as most others in this forum. Save games (continuation thereof), Safes, "Unlockables" etc. Stiil after applying patch 1.02

Firstly I am having problems logging in when I want to ask a question regarding Splinter Cell: Double Agent, I do not have any problem logging in otherwise. It is only when I want to ask a question in the FAQ forum.

Secondly I am having a problem with Splinter Cell: Double Agent. When I have completed my training course in the JBA HQ stage I am lead to a room, what happens is that the door is opened and there is an animation sequence whereby my instructor walks into the room where there is a man who is tied up, from here nothing happens. The animation continues and I am unable to do anything, it has not frozen and in fact it still tells me "Objective Updated: Kill Cole Yeagher" or "Don't Kill Cole Yeagher". And that is all, I am unable to do anything, no amount of button smashing brings about any response whatsoever. As I previously stated the game has not frozen, it simply doesn't go any further than that. I am simply left to stare at "Moss" on the left, a whimpering Cole Yaegher in the middle, and a man with his back to me on the right. The only thing I can do at this point is Quickload or use the Ctr+Alt+Del command to shut down the game.

I am also having a problem with save games. When I click "Continue" in the single player menu it says I do not have any valid saves. This is impossible as I am on Stage 3 and am able to "Load - Progress - etc."

I have re-installed, updated, registered, and defragmented my hard drive. All my drivers are fully updated and Splinter Cell is "Unblocked" in windows Firewall. I then started a new game and have come to the same problem at this point. My PC meets all RECOMMENDED requirements and the game runs beautifully. As I stated before the game does not, at any stage, freeze up or crash.

PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!

SYSTEM SPECS:
Acer Travelmate 8200
Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 up to 512MB HyperMemory
1GB DDR2 RAM

My version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent was manufactured in Europe

miracole007
04-28-2007, 10:58 AM
hello?any one still read this topic for the hope of patch 1.03 whould be released.
well,my question is ati new graphic card driver(catalyst 7.3 or latter drivers)with weird game character skin problem occurs.seems offen happened with x1900 or x1950 serials card,fix it in patch 1.03,please!!!

GenLinkzCnC
04-30-2007, 11:36 PM
The DVD Autorun and run game autorun bring my computer to its knees for some reason.

I cant chose a Profile although i can make one pressing select does nothing, there fore making it hard to save games or find them for that matter.

8800 support as said above (though I dont have one but will be getting one soon)

Thats far from all the bugs, but those are the most annoying to me.
Linkz out.

Lmagus
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
My game crashes when I exit water, but not all the times.

St0rm_5had0w
05-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I actually fall through the ground and die when trying to load a save game in Kinsasha pt. 2

ohLynx
05-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Am having problems in Kinsasha pt2
If a try to reload after die or when i want to restart from my save, the game crash with an d3d9.dll error

If i want to reload that without having the error, i have to quit the game to the very first menu, and then load the save

------------------

If i save after the first checkpoint of pt2(where a guy drop a granade and i have to save a woman in a bus) and i try to load that save, the game crash with a echelonai.dll error

>_> am trying to pass this level, because with the others i only have problems that in the 1.02 patch were solved.

sorry my bad english xD

My System spec:
nvidia 6600gt - drivers: 93.71
1.5gb ram
Athlon64 3000+
8gb free disk

scworld
05-27-2007, 11:32 AM
I've sent a PM to Warder, let's see what he answers if he answers.

ohLynx
05-27-2007, 10:45 PM
one bug more.
In the mission 10, if i try to use the computers (Emiles, Lab) my pc freeze. The background of the game's pc appear, but nothing more, there is no "email" or "folder".

I can't even use the Alt+tab, Windows key or Ctrl+Alt+Del. I have to reset.

rogerwilco99
06-03-2007, 12:05 AM
I can list at least two map bugs:

1. Shanghai - On the floor (25, I think) if you enter the elevator lobby from the center and head to your right then go into the corner where it meets the hall, you will fall outside the level and to your death.

2. Sea of Okhotsk - At the stern of the ship where the crane is there is a square area surrounding it with a mesh center. At each corner is a hole. If you drop down into that hole, you can go back past the barriers toward the stern of the ship under the helipad. You cannot get out of there once you get in.

There are probably other map holes.

Another problem is with the game crashing when I switch vision modes (doesn't matter which ones) the game crashes.

About 10 percent of the time the game crashes when I bring up the OpSat.

If I restore from a quicksave (the same one) more than once then restore from a normal save, the game crashes about 50% of the time.

About 75% of the time when I try to exit the game, the main menu animation loads and displays but I never get a menu. I have to kill the game with task manager.

About 25% of the time when the game tries to load a new level, it will show the opening pictures for the level then crash with no error message.

Sometimes when a cutscene loads, it will play a few seconds, stutter then the game crashes with no error message.

The animations are VERY flaky. Many people have problems with them getting stuck in a loop and can only get out of them by rebooting. Fortunately _this_ problem has not visited me.

I do not plan on re-installing Double Agent until a new patch comes out that fixes the major issues with the game. I'm just glad I didn't spend my own money on it. I'd be much more bitter about it if I had. As it is, it's a turkey of a Christmas present.

Something else they need to fix that is EXTREMELY annoying. The save games are practically useless because you can never find the one you're looking for.

Whomever the idiot was that decided to use
auto-generated unique file names for the save games and then sorting the save games by that name needs to be fired because that person is a MORON!

The save games that are no longer on the hard drive (like all the quick saves except one) should NOT show up in the list.

The save games should be sorted by the TIME they were created. Nothing else makes sense. It's EASY to incorporate the date and time of the save game into the save game file name (I can do it in about five minutes).

One more bug. In the Kinshasa level where you are approaching the tower you pass a couple of tents. If I get close to the corner of the rear entrance of _either_ tent, I get stuck and have to restore from a save game because there is NO WAY to get unstuck. This has happened to me at least four times. I have gotten stuck on other corners, too. I just can't recall where they were.

h4mx0r
06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Im encountering about 40% of the bugs listed so far in this thread.

To be honest, so far I don't mind any of them EXCEPT:

The bug where the game just crashes with no error message, (USUALLY, but not always, USUALLY at level loading finish)

AND

The blue screen of death. I've gotten it twice now, but once it said it was my nv4dis.dll. I've updated my drivers from 93.xx to 94.xx now, but I highly doubt that will make much of a difference. I've yet to see it again, because so far, I'm getting the no error crash bug over and over.

rudychung
06-08-2007, 01:56 PM
they need to fix the glitch where i turn the knob on the safe in JBA headquarters #2 to scan blueprints

Thrakks-Actual
06-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ase1985:
I have the same problems as most others in this forum. Save games (continuation thereof), Safes, "Unlockables" etc. Stiil after applying patch 1.02

Firstly I am having problems logging in when I want to ask a question regarding Splinter Cell: Double Agent, I do not have any problem logging in otherwise. It is only when I want to ask a question in the FAQ forum.

Secondly I am having a problem with Splinter Cell: Double Agent. When I have completed my training course in the JBA HQ stage I am lead to a room, what happens is that the door is opened and there is an animation sequence whereby my instructor walks into the room where there is a man who is tied up, from here nothing happens. The animation continues and I am unable to do anything, it has not frozen and in fact it still tells me "Objective Updated: Kill Cole Yeagher" or "Don't Kill Cole Yeagher". And that is all, I am unable to do anything, no amount of button smashing brings about any response whatsoever. As I previously stated the game has not frozen, it simply doesn't go any further than that. I am simply left to stare at "Moss" on the left, a whimpering Cole Yaegher in the middle, and a man with his back to me on the right. The only thing I can do at this point is Quickload or use the Ctr+Alt+Del command to shut down the game.

I am also having a problem with save games. When I click "Continue" in the single player menu it says I do not have any valid saves. This is impossible as I am on Stage 3 and am able to "Load - Progress - etc."

I have re-installed, updated, registered, and defragmented my hard drive. All my drivers are fully updated and Splinter Cell is "Unblocked" in windows Firewall. I then started a new game and have come to the same problem at this point. My PC meets all RECOMMENDED requirements and the game runs beautifully. As I stated before the game does not, at any stage, freeze up or crash.

PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!

SYSTEM SPECS:
Acer Travelmate 8200
Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 up to 512MB HyperMemory
1GB DDR2 RAM

My version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent was manufactured in Europe

I have the same problem but on a different JSA HQ level, part 3 infact, but a similar situation, you have a choice to make but the game just sort of freezes, everyone just idle animations standing around doing nothing. If the next patch fixes this ill be so happy.