PDA

View Full Version : Profile Damaged.

daft
04-07-2005, 08:58 AM
I got the game few days ago, played it, and crashed it keeps crashing and rebooting my pc, after a while.

So I started quick-saving allot, after almost every room, but now, it also corrupts my Profile.
Telling me, he can't load my profile, because its damaged (Delete/Quit?). And I have to start all over again..

I believe it has to do with the sound, as it starts sounding weird, the voices only.

It's a brand new PC, bought on the same day;

Radeon x740 xl
Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
1024 RAM

Anyone else have this, or have a fix?
Got it with and without the patch.

daft
04-07-2005, 08:58 AM
I got the game few days ago, played it, and crashed it keeps crashing and rebooting my pc, after a while.

So I started quick-saving allot, after almost every room, but now, it also corrupts my Profile.
Telling me, he can't load my profile, because its damaged (Delete/Quit?). And I have to start all over again..

I believe it has to do with the sound, as it starts sounding weird, the voices only.

It's a brand new PC, bought on the same day;

Radeon x740 xl
Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
1024 RAM

Anyone else have this, or have a fix?
Got it with and without the patch.

dhe159
04-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Have you installed the patch?

daft
04-07-2005, 12:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Got it with and without the patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

emarkp
04-07-2005, 12:47 PM
I wrote a Perl script to copy my profile every 15 minutes.

Finally I figured out that if I played in 1024x768 with specular/antialiasing/etc. turned off and put my laptop (with mobility radeon 9600) on a cooling pad with fans, I avoid the blue screen.

If you can't stop the crashes, you need to make copies of your profile directory periodically or it *will* get corrupted.