PDA

View Full Version : The Black Pack download is gone

Tinydane69
06-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the Black Map pack download? It was there lastnight and now is no longer listed under Rainbow Six on the marketplace.

Anyone?

DeathKloK3O
06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
On Major Nelson (blog where he posts all new content on Xbox Live) he said it was pulled, no other explanation.

Tinydane69
06-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Interesting. A bunch of us downloaded it lastnight and seemed like the new maps were really slow loading and noticably laggy. Some buddies tried to get on and download them this morning and they were gone.

Thanks for the info though.

OverlyXSV
06-27-2007, 08:04 AM
so ubi do you need to fix it? or put weapons in it (sigh)?

JEDIMASTER96
06-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Stop begging for new weapons already ... It's not going to happen ...

Ayee007
06-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by OverlyXSV:
so ubi do you need to fix it? or put weapons in it (sigh)?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

EGxMgsRbx
06-27-2007, 09:16 AM
they should have a Graemlin with a guy throwing his computer out the window I would use that one sooo much....

Mountaindew1985
06-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Yeah I was looking at new content and didn't see RainbowSix. So I went into it directly and Black Edition was gone. I freaked out. I was like did I even get it? So I checked and yeah I had it. I was gonna call XBOX but I went here. Sure be nice to know why they pulled it.

whitehawk73
06-27-2007, 10:27 AM
It would be nice if someone from Ubi atleast came on, and said why it was pulled. Even more useful would be an idea of when it will be back! It is extremly aggravating that I have friends playing these maps!

xternal_phyzics
06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
i got it last night they are good maps but unusually slow at loading and the alpha team on neon graveyard spawn in different places, wartown is great it has turrets every where so if you go into the middle of the map you will more than likley get moed down

RentANoobDotCom
06-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by RentANoobDotCom:
it was pulled out of XBL because it was suppose to be released Thursday and not the 26th. thats what xbl customer reps are saying.

WhisperXBA
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes I want an apology from Ubisoft on this. Why should lucky ones get the maps and be able to gain competitive advantages (learn them sooner) on those it was pulled for?

If you accidentally released them, too bad, leave them out there.. people still have to pay.

Without an apology, I'm not purchasing.

K1E_Punisher
06-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Actually i was told that so many people tried to download the map pack at one time that the servers crashed. But i could be wrong.

Rick322
06-27-2007, 12:41 PM
this is complete bull****!

I was a lucky one who got the maps yesterday then all my friends who log on today cant get them. WTF microsoft and WTF ubisoft.

That sucks. Im usually one of the people who stand up for this company but this is just stupid. Fix it before even more people lose interest in this game

holmes108
06-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by WhisperXBA:
Yes I want an apology from Ubisoft on this. Why should lucky ones get the maps and be able to gain competitive advantages (learn them sooner) on those it was pulled for?

If you accidentally released them, too bad, leave them out there.. people still have to pay.

How about maybe they found a glitch, and it needs fixed? Why does everyone want a potentially unstable, broken download to be put back immediately. Some people in this thread are like selfish children, it's hilarious. Just wait, it will show up.

venomshot629
06-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by holmes108:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhisperXBA:

How about maybe they found a glitch, and it needs fixed? Why does everyone want a potentially unstable, broken download to be put back immediately. Some people in this thread are like selfish children, it's hilarious. Just wait, it will show up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... How would they JUST NOW find a glitch? Are you serious? It has to go through extensive certification theres no way I'm buying the glitch excuse you and the reps and selling. I have the maps and they work perfectly fine, just slow loading.

Konraden
06-27-2007, 03:20 PM
It would just be nice to have an explanation as to why it's gone. For as likely as it is that they found a bug, the least the could do is say "hey, we found a bug, we will be posting the maps back on as soon as possible. Shouldn't be long, etc. etc." Instead of leaving us here to speculate about ***** about it.

Rator_1
06-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Boy you all need to calm down. Jees, everyones all "im entitled to this!"

Look, 3 patches, 10 new maps and 2 new modes in about 6 months for $20?! We should all be thanking Ubi. As far as support goes, i think they are doing a good job. They listened to us here on these forums and patched things we told them about. Not everything, but damn alot of stuff.

If you paid for the maps, im sure you wont have to pay again. If you think someone has a competetive edge cause they've had it for a day more than you, then you suck, if you're *****ing that you wont pay for it if they dont come out soon, then good, dont, no one wants to play with you anyway!

Seriously guys/gals, myself and my clan seasnipers.net have played Socom on the ps2 for over 4 years and y'know what we got? 3 maps that we had to pay for 2ce and to use them we had to buy a $100 hard drive. 3 patches in 4 years and they didnt fix ANYTHING the community complained about. Weight that against what Ubi's given us all and it doesnt seem so bad eh?

Hot_Rocks
06-27-2007, 03:48 PM
rator you the most logical person ive seen in a forum, people are always complaining about paying for content, i am like dont you know b4 05 the only new content you got was buying a new game be happy to get new mpas at all and sheesh how can a company survive if all they give is freebies they arent a charity

Hot_Rocks
06-27-2007, 03:52 PM
o yeah rator forgot, yeah socom, talk about about promises for new maps, they couldnt even get the second weekly newsletter out for 3 months, at least ubi gives us a chance to extend game life, i love socom but stop playing since october when i got a box. I had the same name as on here, on box i had to lose the ot for some reason

SS-Midnight
06-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Hot_Rocks:
how can a company survive if all they give is freebies they arent a charity They could sell in game advertising. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

And ya Hot_Rocks --> SOCOM.......the nightmares....they won't go away... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Ya Rator did a good job of putting things in perspective.

Everybody sing now! -->> DONCHEW WISH YOUR CLAN LEADER WAS HOT LIKE MINE!!!..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

IdentityFraud
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Rator_1:
Boy you all need to calm down. Jees, everyones all "im entitled to this!"

Look, 3 patches, 10 new maps and 2 new modes in about 6 months for $20?! We should all be thanking Ubi. As far as support goes, i think they are doing a good job. They listened to us here on these forums and patched things we told them about. Not everything, but damn alot of stuff.

If you paid for the maps, im sure you wont have to pay again. If you think someone has a competetive edge cause they've had it for a day more than you, then you suck, if you're *****ing that you wont pay for it if they dont come out soon, then good, dont, no one wants to play with you anyway!

Seriously guys/gals, myself and my clan seasnipers.net have played Socom on the ps2 for over 4 years and y'know what we got? 3 maps that we had to pay for 2ce and to use them we had to buy a $100 hard drive. 3 patches in 4 years and they didnt fix ANYTHING the community complained about. Weight that against what Ubi's given us all and it doesnt seem so bad eh?

Ok, so SOCOM had poor support and the PS2 didn't come with a build in hard-drive. Ubisoft is releasing Rainbow 6 Vegas for the PS3 with the 10 maps and two game modes we have to pay for. Total cost of the 360 game is $80, the total cost of the PS3 game is $60.

rator you the most logical person ive seen in a forum, people are always complaining about paying for content, i am like dont you know b4 05 the only new content you got was buying a new game be happy to get new mpas at all and sheesh how can a company survive if all they give is freebies they arent a charity

Oh I don't know, mabye from SALES from the game? Selling in game advertising? You must not have been a big PC gamer, alot of developers gave away freebie map packs. Not to mention fan created content. One of the biggest mods and mutplayer games ever made, counter-strike was free to download.

Please, Ubisoft don't need these map packs to pull them out of red(no profit) and into the black (profit).

aalataur
06-28-2007, 02:04 AM
Oh does this bring back memories! COD3 Exactly same story... And Red Edition was delayed. ****ers.. Test first, sell then

Lord_DA
06-28-2007, 02:18 AM
I got the maps and didnt even want them, i gotem for free (redemption code)

holmes108
06-28-2007, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by venomshot629:

... How would they JUST NOW find a glitch? Are you serious? It has to go through extensive certification theres no way I'm buying the glitch excuse you and the reps and selling. I have the maps and they work perfectly fine, just slow loading.

Yeah, you're right. A piece of software has NEVER had a bug in it after certification and release. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

holmes108
06-28-2007, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by IdentityFraud:
Oh I don't know, mabye from SALES from the game? Selling in game advertising? You must not have been a big PC gamer, alot of developers gave away freebie map packs. Not to mention fan created content. One of the biggest mods and mutplayer games ever made, counter-strike was free to download.

Please, Ubisoft don't need these map packs to pull them out of red(no profit) and into the black (profit).

Yeah, we all know they make a profit... that's the point of being in business. And who says we are ENTITLED to free new content out of those profits? Some opinions around here are brutal... and it's this attitude that will make them NEVER give out a free piece of content.

God forbid they give out a freebie, then try and charge again down the road. All of the people who feel they deserve products for free would have a heart attack.

It's like $2 a map people... suck it up. For the amount I play this game, it's an absolute STEAL. If you are too casual a player to fork out $10 for this game, that's cool. Just don't buy it.

I suppose you expect free shoelaces for life with your shoes too? And free buttons for your shirt? I mean, they made a nice little profit. How about free coffee filters for your coffee maker? Free batteries for your electronics......

The point is the biggest complaint seems to be examples of how other games, or other platforms have received free content. Well that's great. But that's not a strike against UBI... it just makes those companies all the more great.

If a deli down the street gives out free salami on tuesdays... does that make every other deli in the world a ripoff?

THEprepKILLER13
06-28-2007, 09:59 AM
everybody is taking about how paying is no big deal and that we did it with the old ubisoft games, well if I remember when I had GR2 they had downloadable content for free, back in a time when Ubisoft actaully cared about the fans, and don't say GR2SS was what your talking about, that doesn't even compare to the DLC, it was a completly new game and it still only cost 30 bucks. I don't buy DLC for anything because I believe after you have bought the game anything that is added on you should get for free, it just makes sense, or then what's the point in even buying the game for 60 bucks? the only reason Ubisoft even charges us is because of this damn Xbox Marketplace and thier stupid points that everyone think are so great, sorry Ubisoft but I have many friends on Vegas who believe with me that its just pointless to pay that kind of money for maps, just a bad idea on your guys part

Hedon
06-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Don't like it, don't buy it. I like them, so I have bought them.

Simple.

Hot_Rocks
06-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Just because the company is large and has a large bite in the market doesnt mean they want to work in a charity state. Its about making money yes when a company first come out and are small and are gamer focused they dont mind going the extra mile to ensure longivity of there game. Then they grow they become in some sense a monster. Think of Bill Gates started out small willing to work with anyone, even tried to work with Steve and them when they were both starting out. (he was ignored lol) now Gates is about making money, whether or not you like him or his products you will use them. No longer willing to enter a project just for the satisfaction of knowing they did it or made something great. It has to be a return on the investment.

What i am tryin to say is that yes the company may not need the money because they are so large however a project is suppose to make money. The R6 series still exists because it is profitable we love the game, some were better then others yes. But i would rather have the company continue to make money so they can continue to make games then have developer group disbanded or sold because their game is not bringing the company money. The same goes for you or me yeah we will do some thing for free but we cant live off the satification of other gamers alone (if we were in the biz).

Yes i do pc game I am not a mega pc gamer and I do know of the modding community and CS but for the most part the modders are those who do it in their spare time. Or they are the next generation of game developers who in order to build their portfilio to get a job for (pay) make these mods so they can show their work. Yes developers in pc offer alot more support then a console but that is the nature of the beast with a pc the capabilities are endless the console well now days at least we have a hard drive ps2 did have one but you had to buy it which was fine but the devs didnt give alot of content to download, socom better yet zipper had a loyal fan base we would pay for 3 maps if they gave us a chance. Just thinking about the unmet promises from them gets me angry grrrrr...

In a perfect world 50-60 dollars would mean we would get a life time of support and freebies for a game but even if one guy within a company takes a week to make a map pack his wages have to be paid the company can eat the cost but they are in it to make money not break even. In game ads have become a bigger then ever but if they are making money from that why then give out freebies to eat away any ad revenues. Its business thats how it operates, ps3 users are getting a game 6 months old that they may have already played on a friends 360 or there own. They need a reason to buy or if they already own the game 360 they can get the maps for 10 dollars in the end its all your own choice if 10 is to much dont get the maps. Consoles dont have a mod community so any comparisons is apples and oranges or the level of support but it is a growing trend in consoles to have the tons of new content that was promised back in summer of 02 when consoles first got online. PS2 suffered because it was free so there was no incentive for a company to push out new content, as you can see theyve changed their online support to at least attempt to be on par with live.

In fact a game devs dont get 60 dollars per game its alot less then that near 20% of the royalities fall to the devs with the publisher taking the rest but even so thats not 20% of $60 because EB/gamestop have to put their profit on top of that so really if the game cost 30 per copy to make, they make about 10 in profit Eb puts their market up and we are at $60. Like i said remember the days when their were no mods or extra content just you going to the store to buy a new game after a few months because there was no multiplayer either.

WhisperXBA
06-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Well, it is Thursday.. it is past the estimated time of 5AM EST. Well past.

Hot_Rocks
06-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by THEprepKILLER13:
everybody is taking about how paying is no big deal and that we did it with the old ubisoft games, well if I remember when I had GR2 they had downloadable content for free, back in a time when Ubisoft actaully cared about the fans, and don't say GR2SS was what your talking about, that doesn't even compare to the DLC, it was a completly new game and it still only cost 30 bucks. I don't buy DLC for anything because I believe after you have bought the game anything that is added on you should get for free, it just makes sense, or then what's the point in even buying the game for 60 bucks? the only reason Ubisoft even charges us is because of this damn Xbox Marketplace and thier stupid points that everyone think are so great, sorry Ubisoft but I have many friends on Vegas who believe with me that its just pointless to pay that kind of money for maps, just a bad idea on your guys part

Freebies are just like discounts the company doesnt have to but they want you to use their products or give just lil bit extra. If you go to a movie a month later should the studio send you the outtakes for free? If you dont want to play the game any more dont get the dlc. Its not as if the game was flawed or we were ripped we got a good game and they are extending the gameplay even further.

Diggszz
06-28-2007, 10:26 AM
so yea the one rumor that keeps poping up is that the pulled the maps because they are going to release them with 3 new ranks a few more guns and some more armor and cammo. this is all word of mouth over LIVE and nothing is for sure, but this rumor has held up and has not changed since i first heard it.

WhisperXBA
06-28-2007, 10:32 AM
lol, you are dreaming on that one, nothing else is coming, which pisses me off that the pack isn't back out yet

Rator_1
06-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I heard this...

"...posts on the Xbox forums state that MS has a policy that a dev can't charge $$ for DLC if it is free on another platform.

Red pack doesn't fall into this since it wasn't out on the PS3 yet."

dezmoss
06-28-2007, 10:48 AM
i heard that UBI made a mistake by releasing the black edition to the US. they where ONLY supposed to release it overseas in japan . they got the 360 before we did and they get the new content before we do but, they messed that up so now they need to just release it to everyone now. give them a couple more days to fire someone and figure this mess out. IMO they have no choice now but to release it to everyone. if they dont then there gonna have an even bigger mess on there hands with alot of pissed off people.

HowyFelterup
06-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by dezmoss:
i heard that UBI made a mistake by releasing the black edition to the US. they where ONLY supposed to release it overseas in japan . they got the 360 before we did and they get the new content before we do but, they messed that up so now they need to just release it to everyone now. give them a couple more days to fire someone and figure this mess out. IMO they have no choice now but to release it to everyone. if they dont then there gonna have an even bigger mess on there hands with alot of pissed off people.
Japan did not get the 360 before us.

H0UDINI 47
06-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by dezmoss:
Where did you hear they got the 360 first from? Its not true

WhisperXBA
06-28-2007, 12:56 PM
lol 23 signatures.. go back to your old system

Real_Xebec
06-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Rator_1:
Look, 3 patches, 10 new maps and 2 new modes in about 6 months for $20?! We should all be thanking Ubi.
Yes, thank you UBI for charging us $80 for a game that PS3 users get for $60. Thank you very much UBI. We feel so honored that we get to pay $20 more for the same game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

FrayedKnotJeff
06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
I jeard that UbiSoft killed de last Unijorn to use the power of its jorn to make the black map pack but failed because Tom Cruse came in and stopped them with his super juman powers.

It's just what I jeard

OMG the rumors have gotten out of control on this!

Rick322
06-28-2007, 01:21 PM
i talked to Ubisoft tech support yesterday and heres what they had to say.

They told me they relesed them too early which violoated a contract with PS3 (they were supposed to be releseased today) but apparently they are not on the marketplace today either so im going to call ubi back right now and get some answers.

Mr.Hanky2005
06-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Rick322:
i talked to Ubisoft tech support yesterday and heres what they had to say.

They told me they relesed them too early which violoated a contract with PS3 (they were supposed to be releseased today) but apparently they are not on the marketplace today either so im going to call ubi back right now and get some answers.

What would the 360 maps have to do with the PS3? Read the official anouncment at the top of the page. It says all those rumors are BS and to disregard them.

DeanCorleone1
06-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Well its pretty said - people say that "Wow its great that they are coming out with this many updates for the game! Stop crying!" ... not true - if you look around on the net ALL of these maps should have been launched in the red edition awhile ago - they figured they would get more money (which is correct) by breaking them up and selling them at different times. Not many people had the red edition at first and I felt like it was a waste of money, along with these new maps I most likely won't be interested. Save your damn money and wait for the next Rainbox game to come out, or just keep giving them money - you already put 20 dollars down for these maps. At first they said the Red would have 10 maps, then they went to 5... now they are coming out with 5 new maps in this Black edition - I understand a companies will and want to make money - but c'mon.

Booo. Either way its funny they had to pull the Black pack, hope they get it out there again soon for all you hungre people.

WhisperXBA
06-28-2007, 02:00 PM
LOL.. people are selling xbox hard drives + account with the maps on them for $250-$300

Billkwando
06-28-2007, 03:03 PM

You and your buddy must be posting from your phone because you've clearly never heard of a PC game before.

800pts =

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/9/98/DONOTWANT_doggy.jpg

holmes108
06-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Billkwando:
You and your buddy must be posting from your phone because you've clearly never heard of a PC game before.

800pts = DO NOT WANT

If it's not worth it to you, that's cool. But it obviously is to many, including me. That doesn't mean UBI is "greedy" or "evil".

Just because another platform does something, it has nothing to do with the 360. Despite what you may think, PC gaming does not have the same audience as console gaming. And we know the PS3 has a very small user base compared to other platforms at the moment.

I have no doubt that they offer these extras as incentives to buy games for their platform... and that's great. But it doesn't change the value of the pack on the 360.

If Burger King wants to give away free burgers once in awhile, and I love McDonalds, I don't give a **** what Burger King is doing, and it doesn't make McDonald's a rip off, or greedy.

In other words, if you like free burgers, go to Burger King.

(don't actually. Their burgers aren't actually free).

Billkwando
06-28-2007, 03:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Billkwando:

800pts = DO NOT WANT

If it's not worth it to you, that's cool. But it obviously is to many, including me. That doesn't mean UBI is "greedy" or "evil".

Just because another platform does something, it has nothing to do with the 360. Despite what you may think, PC gaming does not have the same audience as console gaming. And we know the PS3 has a very small user base compared to other platforms at the moment.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

W3rd, w3rd, I hear ya.

The problem is that according to Major Nelson's podcast, we shouldn't have to pay for these if they're already on PS3 and ESPECIALLY not if they come after the PS3 version....otherwise I wouldn't be asking for my free burgers.

Wait did that not come out right?

Broccoli!

*runs*

Edit: Ubi may not = evil but

Ubi = glitchy and unfinished

is often a true statement. I feel that they owe us loyal Xboxers free maps due to all the R6 games they've screwed up in the past.

Here's what I wrote at Kotaku to a guy who was trying to argue with me about this:

Originally posted by Me:

Spoken like a true...uh....Ubisoft employee. Stealth PR at it's best. If you don't work for them already, point them toward your post and you're at least guaranteed a spot on the mod team at their forums.

They're nickle and diming us for an experience we used to get for free, and the PS3 people still do. It's that simple. See the post I pasted above, or better yet, see the pages of angry posts at Major Nelson's blog.

Just because we could afford it doesn't mean we should pay for it, especially since Ubi made the decision to split the map pack into 2 packs in order to squeeze more blood from their ever-loyal turnips.

As for this "testing" you refer to, we all know Ubi does the bare minimum of testing. Their idea of testing is the "Pasta technique". They throw it at a wall and see what sticks. They release incomplete product to the public and hope nobody notices.

Want examples you say?

1) The "lean glitch" in Rainbow Six 3 that was never fixed.

2) The "slow walk" glitch that was never fixed in RS3 and RS3: BA

3) The glitch on Morrocan Kesba in Black Arrow, where if you climbed a certain ladder you fell out of the bottom of existence........that again, was never fixed.

4)The glitch fests that were Lockdown and Critical Hour (which were jokes regardless of glitches but that's another subject)

5) The myriad of glitches in Vegas that STILL haven't been fixed. Can't fix them you say? Well, free maps are a good start at compensation.

Ubi's battlecry when it comes to their lack of QA has always been "We can't fix it because our devs have moved on to other projects" or "We can't fix it because it's hard-coded into the disc"

Yet they can still create maps and charge for them while we're stuck with having to deal with the effects of their shoddy QA.

Oh, that's RIGHT! The maps aren't really new, they've been sitting around for months...especially the newer maps since they were split off from the other pack to improve this quarter's earnings. After all, ya gotta make up for the money lost on those crappy Wii launch titles somehow, right?

Oh and the reason you're enjoying the Red Pack is that you have "several friends" who bought it. For the rest of us, it's just a ripoff, because there's always one guy in the room who doesn't have it, which means "Back to the old maps!". A fragmented player base is never a good thing, and it's only going to get worse if they charge for the new map pack.

As I stated before, "I'm just tired of apologists making excuses for their company of choice."

After Ubi's track record on the Xbox and 360, they owe US, not the other way around. They have a long way to go before fans who've bought their past titles are fully compensated for Ubi's colossal missteps.

Needless to say, I have a long history with Ubi.

Love their games, hate their QA and their apparent lack of respect toward their customers (indicated by their actions).

AKAwinner
06-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I heard it was infested with lag. Anyone confirm this?

FrayedKnotJeff
06-28-2007, 05:39 PM

I have no doubt that they offer these extras as incentives to buy games for their platform... and that's great. But it doesn't change the value of the pack on the 360.

If Burger King wants to give away free burgers once in awhile, and I love McDonalds, I don't give a **** what Burger King is doing, and it doesn't make McDonald's a rip off, or greedy.

In other words, if you like free burgers, go to Burger King.

(don't actually. Their burgers aren't actually free).

Not a good analogy.

In this case the burgers would have to be exactly the same except for price and would be provided by the same vendor. Logically I would buy the one that costs less to get the best bang for my buck.

VVVLightning
06-28-2007, 06:21 PM
lol you guys are crazy talking about burgers. The new maps do look amazing and have been well built despite a few glitches. But still as an upcoming games designer, I can see it wasn't that hard to make these maps. We are being over charged. All they did to streets was remove a few lightmaps and make some dimmer. Presidio is basically the same with the same boxes from streets copied over and over again. Neon graveyard and wartown have clearly had the most work put into them. And red lotus does look pretty nice but the spawns are way too close.
I love rainbow games and i'm happy to pay for the new maps maybe a bit less lets say 500 points would be better. They will not make them free because over 200 est people have paid for them already. If they do I will definately want a refund.

grafixfool
06-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Is everyone here a bunch of cheapa$$e$ to spend $10???? Its only 800 points!! If you want them, then buy them. Stop crying and play a game or something. You didnt complain that games went up $10 when the 360 came out, did you? Never mind, of course you did. Get better jobs.

dezmoss
06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
ok i just got word from my brother that microsoft made a mistake with there ''market place'' and they are working on putting the ''black edition'' back on ,today or tomarrow. ubi didnt take it off and all other rumors are wrong. the market place is messed up and thats all it is. it will be back soon.

WhisperXBA
06-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Don't see how that could be true, people downloaded it and played it just fine, and other stuff has been released today on the market.

holmes108
06-28-2007, 09:15 PM
W3rd, w3rd, I hear ya.

The problem is that according to Major Nelson's podcast, we shouldn't have to pay for these if they're already on PS3 and ESPECIALLY not if they come after the PS3 version....otherwise I wouldn't be asking for my free burgers.

Wait did that not come out right?

Broccoli!

*runs*

Edit: Ubi may not = evil but

Ubi = glitchy and unfinished

is often a true statement. I feel that they owe us loyal Xboxers free maps due to all the R6 games they've screwed up in the past.

Here's what I wrote at Kotaku to a guy who was trying to argue with me about this.....

Cool. I can appreciate all of that... and I guess we are in somewhat different positions. For one, regarding the multiplayer aspect, it doesn't affect me the same way. I don't play VS. mode with randoms very often... I play Terrorist Hunt almost exclusively, and I play with friends... often locally too (splitscreen). So the lack of others owning the maps doesn't affect me.

Also, regarding glitchy/unfinished.... this is a bit of a problem... but I don't see UBI being much more guilty than other companies. There seems to be a "let's patch it later" attitude of the new gen... Almost all companies seem guilty of it. That doesn't make it right, but I think it's far from an isolated incident involving UBI.

And lastly, PS3 getting Rainbow so much later than 360 isn't a moot point. When the Morrowind GOTY edition came out on Xbox I don't think people complained about it. I know that came out long after the original game, but I see alot of similarities to the current situation.

Anyways, I appreciate you responding to my post in a mature way, and not trying to simply insult me.

holmes108
06-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by FrayedKnotJeff:
Not a good analogy.

In this case the burgers would have to be exactly the same except for price and would be provided by the same vendor. Logically I would buy the one that costs less to get the best bang for my buck.

I know what you're saying... but you can find many examples that do fit in the world. Cable companies offer the same channels, etc etc... promotions change constantly... Sometime you just pick a brand and stick with it. Sometimes you have the best deal, sometimes you don't. There's always tradeoffs... such as the PS3 pricetag, waiting longer for the games release.... smaller online gaming community, etc etc... If none of those things balance out the cost difference to you, that's cool, but I'm just defending Ubi against the real extremists, who try and say that they are greedy, immoral nazi's who don't care about fans.

SharpShooter188
06-28-2007, 09:25 PM
meh doesnt matter to me. If there arent any new guns to play with i dont care and am not buying the pack anyway.

CluelessComando
06-28-2007, 09:36 PM
I was talking to people online i heard that it was taken off for DL Issuess

url=http://live.xbox.com/member/cluelesscommando]http://www.glop.org/gamercard/card/cluelesscommando.png [/url]
Get your own Gamercard Sig (http://www.glop.org/gamercard/).

dcolberg
06-28-2007, 09:39 PM
well i got the pack before it was taken off of marketplace and now i can'tplay rainbow six because it either freezes or i have a disk error right when it starts loading!!! What going on? then they pulled it? IM WORRIED!!!!

AKAwinner
06-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by dcolberg:
well i got the pack before it was taken off of marketplace and now i can'tplay rainbow six because it either freezes or i have a disk error right when it starts loading!!! What going on? then they pulled it? IM WORRIED!!!!
That happened to me with the Red pack. I couldn't play after I downloaded it because of either DRE or Freezing. The only way I was able to play was when My Xbox broke and I needed to transfer items from my hard drive to a memory card. The Red pack was too big so I didn't take it. So now I can play just fine.

Billkwando
06-29-2007, 08:26 AM

Originally posted by Me:
Oh, that's RIGHT! The maps aren't really new, they've been sitting around for months...especially the newer maps since they were split off from the other pack to improve this quarter's earnings. After all, ya gotta make up for the money lost on those crappy Wii launch titles somehow, right?

Oh and just FYI the above statement is not me talking out of my butt. They've issued essentially a public apology, for once, for their Wii games (proof here: http://kotaku.com/gaming/starboard/ ), and they have a history of pushing back content/games to make up for losses in a different quarter (Lockdown is the example below):

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861008442/m/1...581055073#8581055073 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861008442/m/1781069963?r=8581055073#8581055073)

Just so nobody thinks I'm trying to make a cow out of 2 steaks and a gallon of milk. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (for our UK friends, that's not an American phrase, that's all me....just so you don't think we're weird)

sr_al1en
06-29-2007, 09:48 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

IdentityFraud
06-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by grafixfool:
Is everyone here a bunch of cheapa$$e$ to spend $10???? Its only 800 points!! If you want them, then buy them. Stop crying and play a game or something. You didnt complain that games went up $10 when the 360 came out, did you? Never mind, of course you did. Get better jobs.

Way to miss the point! Don't post again until you understand that affording the content has nothing to do with it.

holmes108
06-29-2007, 05:38 PM
BTW, the black pack is back tomorrow and FREE, as per Major Nelson. Now all the crybabies can relax.

Billkwando
07-05-2007, 08:12 AM
BTW, the black pack is back tomorrow and FREE, as per Major Nelson. Concerned consumers may now rest assured that they are getting their money's worth on the Black Pack.

Fixed.

kaninfan
07-05-2007, 09:30 AM
How about maybe they found a glitch, and it needs fixed? Why does everyone want a potentially unstable, broken download to be put back immediately. Some people in this thread are like selfish children, it's hilarious. Just wait, it will show up.

My thoughts exactly..