PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help ---->my Demo doesn't work

Ajax_sokar
06-09-2005, 09:43 AM
if i want to start the demo i got an error :

<?int?splintercell3.general.directx shader model 1.1 is required?>

i dont know what i can do ... i tried everything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif can someone please help me????

Ajax_sokar
06-09-2005, 09:52 AM
i geuss it is about the graphic options... at the site of splinter cell there was something about:

GRAPHICS
DX8 SHADER MODEL 1.1 VERSION
Shaders architecture with diffuse and specular lighting parameters + environment reflection
All lighting components are considering the normal map
Specular lighting can be tuned depending on material properties (glossiness and strength)
Procedural animated texturing is available on all shader components (diffuse, normal map, specular mask, environment map)
Available for transparent materials
Real time reflection materials on flat surfaces
Complex character lighting with average compensation and translucency
Filtered soft shadow maps with bleeding removal
High resolution and no compression on character normal maps
DX9 SHADER MODEL 3.0 VERSION (include all SHADER MODEL 1.1 features)
Parallax mapping with height map support (virtual displacement mapping)
Enhanced filtered soft shadows
High dynamic range rendering
Tone mapping
Advance skin shader for character with subsurface scattering and improved light bleeding
High internal precision rendering (remove banding artifacts)

but i really want to play the demo Can someone help me.......

Bionic-Blob
06-09-2005, 10:14 AM
get a new graphics card.

only fully directx 8 compatible cards are supported not your geforce 4 mx (most probably what you have)

jzorro
06-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Pixel shading is a hardware issue- you need a graphics card that can do it and what you are using cannot do it. If you want to play, you will have to get a new one. Or a console and the console version of the game. Most new games use pixel shading. I would suggest getting the best card you can afford so you don't have to upgrade again soon. Also remember to delete all your video card drivers before you install the new card.

ifiwerearichman
06-09-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm gonna take a shot and say that you have a GeForce 4 MX...

S-n-A-k-E1
06-10-2005, 01:00 AM
DAmm man ur card must be way too old http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Ajax_sokar
06-10-2005, 05:21 AM
thanks...

i do have an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 Graphic card... but this computer isn't very old (only 1 year) but thanks.. i know why i cant play it.

Ajax_sokar
06-10-2005, 02:47 PM
ok. i got one more quastion...

wich grahpic card would you suggest for optimal graphic options?

scworld
06-10-2005, 03:01 PM
optimal: 6800Ultra
little bit less quality, but half of price of 6800Ultra: 6800GT

If you can afford it, a 6800GT will be great, but post some system specs first, so we can see if it is bottlenecked.

Some Radeon is after that a good buy (9800XT IIRC)