PDA

View Full Version : What have "we" accomplished so far?

BuddyBear
05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Lol....It's all just too terribly funny/sad at this point. If not only for myself, I see people just reaching out for "any" support to save this series, and "locked" threads, duplicate threads, same complaints, questions, problems....blah...blah...blah.

Some of you...more than "Most", have really been productive and professional, and I question how this board/forum has treated many of you. However, I think it's a tribute to "real" gamers. Smart people, that have grown up to realize that we grew up with nothing in the gamer world to today's standards...and now for the first time in our lives, we watch the developers go "Backwards" and like that terrible movie that you pay "$20.00" to see....you continue to settle for less and less, because "there just isn't anything GREAT out there to see"

Ubisoft, took us for a ride with this title, and somewhere - driving around in a "sweet car" is the executive that pulls up the "sales" numbers every morning and sings in the shower how great an idea it was to manage a half assed dev team to make a half assed game, that made "Money,Money,Money"

We try to find the forum - I've been here since 2004, and put our 2 cents in - well, I guess 2 cents doesn't mean **** anymore.

This board has turned into a sponge of information that is filtered, to the point of prejudice, and then it's hard to see if it was listened to, or they did an online poll or spoke to the highest shareholder at some golf tournament.

Ubisoft - your ears are very hard of hearing, and you are really stuck-up if you think your forums are a diversion of a faulty - product.

At the VERY LEAST - you could be more pro-active and involved in your community, because your moderation/contribution to this forum is

The bare minimum - And I'd expect a certain person to say that this is again the same subject and lock it, but i'd appreciate this thread to remain OPEN (for a change) I'm not calling anyone out, or being disrespectful - I may be saving your company in the long run.

It's a shame for those of us who take the time to write and not use all the vulgar, punk, language, and get our threads locked while other more unproductive posts remain. IMO

ERN456
05-05-2008, 04:06 PM
This isnt anything compared to what Ive seen the splinter cell forums where there hasnt been any info for at least one year the moderation is good but the devs dont say a thing I asked one and he told me that he was restrained from saying anything so I dont know if we should blame the devs' boss who restrains them from talking.

BuddyBear
05-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Agreed^^ However, I just called ubi "again" and it's funny they say to go to the forum to post your comments as "we" have no contact information..... what a joke

DexLuther
05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ERN456:
This isnt anything compared to what Ive seen the splinter cell forums where there hasnt been any info for at least one year the moderation is good but the devs dont say a thing I asked one and he told me that he was restrained from saying anything so I dont know if we should blame the devs' boss who restrains them from talking.

They are the some devs. Splinter Cell and Vegas 2 are both made in Montreal.

ERN456
05-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by DexLuther:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ERN456:

They are the some devs. Splinter Cell and Vegas 2 are both made in Montreal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know but they are entirely different teams and they dont even work in the same buildings one team is headed by Mathieu Ferland the splinter cell team and theres the other team which I know nothing about I sent a msg to one of the SC devs and he told me they were restrained from talking and that even the radio operator from that area who works with Ubisoft cant even say he is working on Splinter Cell so I think maybe the devs are not the ones responsible but most likely their bosses.

Ghost_Hybrid
05-05-2008, 07:04 PM
How can you cry that the monster killed you when you made the monster?

UBI does plenty of good things, its called make games for pc's users.

Are they the greatest? No, do they need some sole searching when it comes to communication?

Well not exactly...

In any organization, there are levels, these levels consist of, Stock holders, Owners, Management and employees. There are more but they are irrelevant right now.

Here is the order of communications.

Stock Holders speak to owners, owners speak to management and management speak to employees.

So where does that leave us?

No where, as long as you keep buying they will keep flying. So feel free to come in here every 6months after you purchased a game.

You wont ever get what you asked for, infact you'll always get the opposite because marketing departments are master minds and they have the ability to paint a picture in your head.

A picture that soon feels like a drug, and when you finally sober up and come to your senses its to late.

I'll keep buying games from UBI, infact I wonder how they are doing in the stock market.

Those who own ubi stock arent complaining, you can bet your hard earned money on it.

ERN456
05-05-2008, 07:52 PM
How come Take 2 gives their fans GTA4 and Rockstar has never cheated their fans in any GTA game. I dont get it they get alot but the marketing at Ubisoft makes everything worst this game would have lived longer if they didnt rush it but I guess they failed at that.

Legacy_Player
05-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Make game, release game, make money... rinse & repeat. That's what it's all about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HHxb14ze
05-05-2008, 08:32 PM
They have our money, it is off to the next get rich quick scheme!

WhiteKnight77
05-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Ghost_Hybrid:

Are they the greatest? No, do they need some sole searching when it comes to communication?

Well not exactly...

In any organization, there are levels, these levels consist of, Stock holders, Owners, Management and employees. There are more but they are irrelevant right now.

Stock Holders speak to owners, owners speak to management and management speak to employees.

No where, as long as you keep buying they will keep flying. So feel free to come in here every 6months after you purchased a game.

You wont ever get what you asked for, infact you'll always get the opposite because marketing departments are master minds and they have the ability to paint a picture in your head.

A picture that soon feels like a drug, and when you finally sober up and come to your senses its to late.

I'll keep buying games from UBI, infact I wonder how they are doing in the stock market.

Those who own ubi stock arent complaining, you can bet your hard earned money on it.

There are plenty of dev studios that talk with their fans including the CEO. Ubi is notoriously tight lipped. To this day, the same thing has transpired over and over for 6 plus years and has actually gotten worse as early on, some devs did talk with fans here. Now we get developer liasons who now speak for the devs. Just another layer of insulation (sorry Kimi) between customers and a big company.

Jaysta
05-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Bloody hell, all of these complaints and really Po'd people and still nothing from anyone with authority, no not a mod someone with authority someone who knows what is happening. What a joke.

now i know why the game cost me $14 lol. thank god i didnt get that ripped off.

Want2Snipe
05-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Ghost_Hybrid:

Well not exactly...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Hey... there's always a first! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Unfortunately, there will only be generilized answers (if any) by the mods or devs reading from whatever script UBI has given them. Either that or Condescending answers but I'll be right here with you guys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Ghost_Hybrid
05-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghost_Hybrid:

Well not exactly...

There are plenty of dev studios that talk with their fans including the CEO. Ubi is notoriously tight lipped. To this day, the same thing has transpired over and over for 6 plus years and has actually gotten worse as early on, some devs did talk with fans here. Now we get developer liasons who now speak for the devs. Just another layer of insulation (sorry Kimi) between customers and a big company. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Ubi has gotten more tight lipped in an industry that is competitive.

They have also been influenced by greater powers and do not have all the reigns during thier journey.

You can compare any other game publisher you wish. Though if you seriously research, complaints would be right there with UBI's complainers.

New game companies always cuddle and communicate with thier soon to be consumers.

They have too, infact if you watch the forum after the release you would see a decline in dev and publisher conversation.

Its like the kid who is only nice when he wants a bite of your ice cream. As soon as he gets a bite, he kicks you in the nuts and takes off running.

XxCH0NGxX
05-06-2008, 08:53 PM
we watch the developers go "Backwards"

You're damn right they do. Look at the Ghost Recon series, the devs over there took away the ghillie suit as soon as they made it possible to actually see your character in 3rd person.

Ubisoft and RSE, all they know how to do is move backwards. Take things away that make the games great. Add things to make the games worse. Say they listen to their community(selectively of course), yet not listen to the majority who call out in unison for features they want in future titles. I've been in the Recon forums since GR2 calling for the ghillie suit they took away, have they listened? Yeah, they listened, and they responded.....with poor excuses.

Oh well, someday, some company is going to make a game that will have everything we all want in a shooter, with lots and lots of options so we can restrict, or turn off features we dont want. So we can customize our gaming experience to fit exactly what we want. Someday, there will be a shooter that combines everything that makes a great shooter, and actually has realistic ballistics, armour that actually works,........and I hope that game, whatever it may be, has the color BLACK in the custom camo color choices. lol.....color black missing in custom camo....another example of moving backwards. oh well, I guess I'll go back to dreaming and wishing for that perfect game.

WhiteKnight77
05-07-2008, 12:18 AM
One thing I don't get is why people want just plain black for camo. If you were to use black, you would stand out, even at night. A blue tinted black is better for night ops actually.

BuddyBear
05-07-2008, 04:23 PM
whatever color camo you want to wear to the prom is fine with me - Just make sure "I Get Some"

Dougo1807
05-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Ubisoft...

translation...

Don't give a **** about our customers, and proud of it.

Want2Snipe
05-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by MackieDog:
I'd like an answer to this question before I waste any more time here

what is being addressed here by the company?

It is up to you whether you wait or you go as no answer will come soon enough or it will be answered in the manner I have already described in my previous thread. You are more than welcome to pull up a chair and have a nice conversation with us though... Mariachis will be here momentarily! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

abnegnejs
05-20-2008, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by RazerBurn:
WELP. we havent accomplished sh_it....what did you expect from these fu_cktards at ubi?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif lol

XmalkerX
05-20-2008, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by RazerBurn:
WELP. we havent accomplished sh_it....what did you expect from these fu_cktards at ubi?

insulting and homophobic content is of course the way to get a hearing.

Es sinkt für sie das Niveau.

babak323
05-20-2008, 10:49 AM
One thing I don't get is why people want just plain black for camo. If you were to use black, you would stand out, even at night. A blue tinted black is better for night ops actually
------------------------------------------------------------------

where did you learn that? because i am astonished that some1 else knew that
are you like ex air force or something?