PDA

View Full Version : Play disabled

uriley
10-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Could someone please tell me just what that means? The only way I can play the game is on my husband's computer, with disk 2 in the CD rom. So far, I am unable to use his DVD player to get into the game. I just don't understand the 'play disabled' term.
Thank you

Stedmister
10-17-2004, 01:31 PM
You installed the game correct? The only way to play myst is to have the disc 2 in the DVD rom drive or else it will not work, are you use it is disc 2, it's blue colored.

uriley
10-17-2004, 01:58 PM
My disk 2 is pink. And the game does not play in the DVD drive- only in the CD rom.
The instructions in the book that came with the game says to install on the DVD drive. I have found no way to do that. I installed it to the computer through the CD rom but still can find no way to start it in the DVD drive. And to play the game, I insert disk 2 into the CD rom and it will play from there. That is why I am wondering what 'play disabled' means.

maztec
10-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Whoa, you are confused..

As I am now.

Ok, lets back it up.

You can't play the game from a CD drive, you can't install it from a CD drive. Why? Because a CD-Only drive can't read the disc. The disc is a DVD. Thus the reason you are required to use a DVD.

Play disabled means you either haven't installed the game (it takes a whiel) or you have the wrong disc in the drive.

uriley
10-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Thank you for your reply. Yes, you are right. I double checked the slots in my husbands computer and it is indeed playing on the DVD drive. I thought the slots were the other way round. My face is red!

maztec
10-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Ok, so what problems remain at this point? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BTW, some people look good in red :P

uriley
10-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Thanks- there seem to be no problems while on my husbands computer but I want it on mine. I bought an external DVD today and need to install it to see if it will work. I really don't want to buy a new computer just to play a game but I love the Myst games. So time will tell if I need to either get a new one or just continue on the other computer. I wish a PC game had been issued, too, not just DVD.