PDA

View Full Version : Assassinate RDM

RavenLunatick
11-17-2011, 02:16 PM
I know probably nothing will be done and the game is out and it is what it is. I just had an idea about a relatively simply change that could be made with Assassinate and use of RDM that might make it better without reinventing the wheel or going back to the old scoring. In AC:B, it seemed like the key to high scoring successful kill was a last second lock beating the other guy, or creeping across roof tops undetected then lock and kill quickly. You can still use this tactics, however with the RDM it results in a low scoring discreet score, if you lock any sooner then the prey just take off running.

Why not just stop notifying the prey they've been targeted? The prey would only notice if paying attention that blue indicator disappeared from his compass, seeing a blue indicator disappear wouldnít always mean youíve been targeted either. Thus allowing the hunter to continue to pursue undetected similar to Wanted. Also once you have marked your target your RDM would start to build provided you didn't go high profile. The prey at this point may or may not know they've been targeted. If they do lock on to the pursuer, they would be notified they've identified a pursuer and if given the opportunity could stun. The pursuer would not know he's been spotted. I think that this could make for some pretty fun gameplay.

Never really knowing if the guy is onto to the fact that Iím pursuing?
Am I even being pursued?
Oh yeah, Iíve just spotted my hunter go ahead and make your way over hear sucka so I can stun that a**.

I know it won't happen, and there are holes I'm sure. It's just a thought that it might be a relatively minor tweak to the assassinate mode w/ RDM that could make it better. Iím getting better with RDM in the other modes and getting used to it, I just think with a mode like assassinate and RDM, letting your target know theyíve been spotted makes it near impossible to stay within eyesight and not have to go high profile to get a kill.

With that said, it is a really good game and I'm definitely having fun playing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

TL;DR In assassinate in AC:R don't notify targets they've been targeted, don't notify pursuer's they've been spotted, this would allow RDM to build.

persiateddy95
11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
In ACR you just end up going for even more kills than ACB. Assassinate is never going to change.

Serrachio
11-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I think what would be nicer is if it let you start out at Silent, so you could get the quick kill, or if you could lock during a kill's cinematic.

RavenLunatick
11-17-2011, 02:40 PM
You could still go after as many kills this way too, this would however give players another style of play that may result in fewer kills but higher scores. I get that it won't change, just a thought. Mainly because when I target a person that isn't right beside me in effort to build up some RDM they just take off sprinting despite not having any idea where/how they were spotted.

To be honest I kind of wished that it was that way in AC:B. Why do they have to know they've been targeted? Why does hunter have to know he's been spotted?

persiateddy95
11-17-2011, 02:45 PM
What surprises me the most is that Ubisoft did not realize this. I mean, do they even play the game?

CrazyShrapnel
11-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Maybe they could make the RDM and the contract separate? You could stand around in another player's LOS until you've built up to incognito then lock, receive their contract (Target gets notified of new pursuer as normal) and immediately kill. You took the time to get incogntio, (Giving the target plenty of time to figure you out) and the target doesn't know what's coming until it's too late.

It sounds weird but it might help. People would still be "encouraged" to be "stealthy" and nervous targets wouldn't be such an issue.

That's about the closest thing to a playable mode I can think of that involves Assassinate and the RDM, that keeps the pursuer indication.

persiateddy95
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
That would just turn it like Wanted. Leave a mode for cluster****.

BigBalledEagle
11-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Assassinate is still basically the same. All of the old tactics are still valid. The only thing is that a lot of your kills will be Discreet. You just can't worry about getting the Discreet; just take it and move on.

Drybones20008
11-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah the whole RDM kinda ruined Assassinate. It's still fun but getting discreets/reckless for about 80% of your kills is kinda disappointing!

But keep it mind that if YOU'RE scoring low then the other people are ALSO scoring low, so at least there's a balance there.

But gone are the days of 10-15K Assassinate games (even though by looking at the leaderboards it's still happening, i really don't know HOW though)

But yeah let me also chime in with the 'Did Ubisoft even PLAY this mode?' It's pretty flagrant how clueless they are about Assassinate because they would clearly implement some sort of change to it.

In modes such as Deathmatch it's easy and fun to stalk your prey and get high scores kills because the prey doesn't know you're behind! But in Assassinate the moment you lock they know someone is on to them, so why in the world they would let you stalk you for an Incognito. Ridiculous

Assasinate is/was my favorite mode of all time so that's why i'm a little hurt! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

:P

persiateddy95
11-17-2011, 05:14 PM
The 14k on top on PS3 was with 30 kills, so just make the calculation. But at this point there are lots of noobs so it's not that hard.

But with 33 kills I had 20k.

BigBalledEagle
11-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
The 14k on top on PS3 was with 30 kills, so just make the calculation. But at this point there are lots of noobs so it's not that hard.
Yeah, I had a game on the 360 where I had 25 kills and only one death and finished out with around 12600. The guys in the game were completely clueless. The one time I died, I got lag killed through my smoke for an honorable death.

RavenLunatick
11-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I just think taking away notifying the pursuers and prey that they've been targeted/spotted, would allow the RDM to build, give players that want to opt for higher score kills a chance to do so. I know it's to late now, but this just seem like a minor tweak that could really go a long ways...

Strigidae Moth
11-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by RavenLunatick:
I just think taking away notifying the pursuers and prey that they've been targeted/spotted, would allow the RDM to build, give players that want to opt for higher score kills a chance to do so. I know it's to late now, but this just seem like a minor tweak that could really go a long ways... Yes, that does seem like a great idea, and it makes senses. It would definitely make it more thrilling ^w^ I wish they would included this!

COGSx86
11-17-2011, 05:53 PM
sorry noob question is the RDM

the radar becon?

if so why do we even have this?

takes away from being a true assassin

any game modes with out this?

Strigidae Moth
11-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by COGSx86:

the radar becon?

any game modes with out this? how you play if it was like this, nobody would make a move if there was no way to find the other players?

COGSx86
11-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DeckedMoth30:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by COGSx86:

the radar becon?

any game modes with out this? how you play if it was like this, nobody would make a move if there was no way to find the other players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do u figure the maps arnet big dont u remeber ur train? u didnt have a radar!!!!

u would have to search for ur target like a true assassins the way it is now u can just run around until u find ur enemy, ya thats sure like a true assassin!!!

Strigidae Moth
11-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by COGSx86:
how do u figure the maps arnet big dont u remeber ur train? u didnt have a radar!!!!

u would have to search for ur target like a true assassins the way it is now u can just run around until u find ur enemy, ya thats sure like a true assassin!!! maybe you mean something else and call it a radar? but you do need something to find your target, even assassins have some sort of means to find targets.

We're not assassins, we're templars...o_o

DannyStrong
11-17-2011, 06:22 PM
deathmatch mode doesn't have a radar.. the maps are much smaller and there are no NPC duplicates of player characters.

Which is indeed a lot of fun, but for the larger maps that also have NPC duplicates it would be pretty much impossible to hunt without a radar.

Drybones20008
11-18-2011, 09:33 AM
I can't believe i scored 10,800 in Assassinate last night! The 5 kill/stun streak helped alot, also Poison and my favorite smoke/stun/focus/grounded/poison which was great. But i had 23 kills and 80% were discreets/reckless!

I am now #2 in my friends list right behind Reafer! That is until utriej finishes the SP and starts playing! Also good that i don't have Xantos or Teddy in my friends list http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

It also helps that I've been on vacation this week and been playing ALOT so i guess that's why I'm level 32 already. Back to work on Tuesday though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif