PDA

View Full Version : someone forgot to paint jung's G36!

Brettzies
05-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Well, sorta. Has anyone else noticed his weapon(g36) doesn't have any textures on it(x360 version). Right now I have the M468 and his weapons is just flat grey and black. If I pick a G36, his textures come back, but I don't want a g36. I think the same thing is happening for Michael.

I know the texture popping has to do with the engine, but to not have any at all? Pretty sloppy work for something so obvious.

I'm not going to go on a big rant about R6, would have been cool to pick your team's loadout as well though. I'd rather they have mp5s and different assault rifles too.

DexLuther
05-11-2008, 01:26 PM
The ballistic face mask icon is upside down too. The sloppy just keeps getting sloppier.

Doc_Gerbil_1
05-11-2008, 01:37 PM
In SOCOM 3, I thought choosing my teammate's loadouts was tedious and unnecessary.

In a game like RB6V, I would have found it incredibly effective.

TheWarHam
05-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Doc_Gerbil_1:
In SOCOM 3, I thought choosing my teammate's loadouts was tedious and unnecessary.

In a game like RB6V, I would have found it incredibly effective. My feelings exactly! I find it odd...

neilthecellist
05-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Fate is ironic, that's all I gotta say.

ANightMares
05-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Ouchis... UBISfot and the rain keep falling on your Devs !!!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif UBISoft Devs? <--- http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

what a shame ... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

cherrios
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Brettzies
05-12-2008, 10:36 AM
After playing some more and finishing the sp campaign then doing a little terrorist hunt, I noticed many of the 3rd person weapons are missing textures. Usually magazines, but sometimes peices of the gun seem to just be black or grey.

I can't remember playing a game with any textures just "missing." Was Vegas1 like this on 360? I have it for PC.

Deadpoolx17
05-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Brettzies:
After playing some more and finishing the sp campaign then doing a little terrorist hunt, I noticed many of the 3rd person weapons are missing textures. Usually magazines, but sometimes peices of the gun seem to just be black or grey.

I can't remember playing a game with any textures just "missing." Was Vegas1 like this on 360? I have it for PC.
I haven't had any of those types of errors, it might be your xbox. The only graphical bug I've had is the Walther P99's silencer magically popping out of my chest like a chestburster.

Brettzies
05-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Deadpoolx17:
I haven't had any of those types of errors, it might be your xbox. The only graphical bug I've had is the Walther P99's silencer magically popping out of my chest like a chestburster. I actually have two x360's(got another one when I was away from home for a long time), so I tried it in that one. Same thing. However, i noticed that Logon has a sig552 and the textures look great, but I also have a sig552. Gabe has a ScarH and the textures look super low. The mags appear to be texture-less, but maybe that's just how low they go. This just doesn't seem right. Maybe it is though. Seems like if you have the same gun as your teammates they get the textures, but otherwise...either too low or not at all?

I'm gonna look at the Vegas demo next since I still have it on my HD. I don't remember it being like this on PC Vegas. A lot of the guns laying on the ground seem to have extra low textures with no mag texture...but I can understand that. For your teammates on the other hand...look closely at Jung's G36 and mag. Make sure you don't have a G36. Then try it with one.

I'm actually really disappointed with this. I know it's a minor thing and may even be a limitation in texture memory, but doh, it looks so sloppy for a "next/now gen" game.

Deadpoolx17
05-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Brettzies:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deadpoolx17:
I haven't had any of those types of errors, it might be your xbox. The only graphical bug I've had is the Walther P99's silencer magically popping out of my chest like a chestburster. I actually have two x360's(got another one when I was away from home for a long time), so I tried it in that one. Same thing. However, i noticed that Logon has a sig552 and the textures look great, but I also have a sig552. Gabe has a ScarH and the textures look super low. The mags appear to be texture-less, but maybe that's just how low they go. This just doesn't seem right. Maybe it is though. Seems like if you have the same gun as your teammates they get the textures, but otherwise...either too low or not at all?

I'm gonna look at the Vegas demo next since I still have it on my HD. I don't remember it being like this on PC Vegas. A lot of the guns laying on the ground seem to have extra low textures with no mag texture...but I can understand that. For your teammates on the other hand...look closely at Jung's G36 and mag. Make sure you don't have a G36. Then try it with one.

I'm actually really disappointed with this. I know it's a minor thing and may even be a limitation in texture memory, but doh, it looks so sloppy for a "next/now gen" game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well a G36c has two types of mags, the translucent and the Smoke black. My G36c that I own has the Smoke black. So who knows, maybe Jung is just being a Rebel, lol...the Sig Sauer 552 also has two different styles of mags. Just pray that you don't have bad luck with your Xbox's. lol.

Brettzies
05-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Deadpoolx17:Well a G36c has two types of mags, the translucent and the Smoke black. My G36c that I own has the Smoke black. So who knows, maybe Jung is just being a Rebel, lol...the Sig Sauer 552 also has two different styles of mags. Just pray that you don't have bad luck with your Xbox's. lol. Nope, it's not the smoke black mag. It's either really really low texture, or just grey. I dont' think it's the consoles either, though I suppose anything is possible. I looked for screenshots to see if their Jung has a weird mag or G36 and the closest I could find had a strange angle so I couldn't be sure. Ah well.

Brettzies
05-16-2008, 07:02 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/the.real.brett/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jungNoMag.jpg

Hmm. I guess it is the same. This pic is from the latest version of the PC Vegas1 game. This is what I see on the x360 of Vegas2. I guess I just never paid much attention to Jung before.

In the left pic, my primary is a G3, notice Jung's mag is sort of just grey with some shading. On the right, my primary is also a G36. Weird.

I brightened these up a bit so maybe it's just not as noticeable in the dark.

Mr.Hanky2005
05-16-2008, 08:15 PM
On the 360, when you have a TAR 21 with no attachments, the default reflex sight isn't textured.

Deadpoolx17
05-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Hanky2005:
On the 360, when you have a TAR 21 with no attachments, the default reflex sight isn't textured. Well whenever I feel like busting out RB6 I'll check the skins on the rifles, but I haven't really paid any attention to them, lol as for my 3rd person skins...I don't have any problems.

RainbowRanger1
05-18-2008, 04:34 PM
i think they have to upgrade there work on the texture because it looks some what not that great =\

ANightMares
05-19-2008, 03:54 AM
So just to mention:

This are the kind of threads that should be taken in count by the DEV.Team or OFFICIAL EMPLOYEES by Ubisoft .

This commentary it's a positive criticism by a costumer, and it's a bright example that can be used to see the GOOD WILL of the Ubisoft employees to try to communicate with the Ubisoft community Using "Forum Manager or Staff of this forums" HOW you ask?...

In the manner of making an Important mention of this issue of the Multimedia Product to the Dev. team or Project manager of this Multimedia product "game".
We are talking about " Quality Control" something so important as the Weapons Models 85 % of the Image of this game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
And To ask for a OFFICIAL RESPOND Direct from an OFFICIAL EMPLOYEE in charge of that department and post the respond in this forums, in the appropriate thread by the same OFFICIAL EMPLOYEE, no by the "messengers".

I just can't believe that costumers that have as a Hobbie the creation of modifications for a multimedia Product , can model and render and paint a 3dmodel better than a PAID employee of Ubisoft.

So... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif we know that probably Ubisoft have very talented ppl. too but...

Here is where it gets Interesting, we need THAT OFFICIAL PRESENCE to explain those issues, not a volunteer or a "messenger" , we need someone OFFICIAL from Ubisoft , that understand about this matters, that can respond about this in a Technical and professional way and give a positive results and feedback to the community.

We have a name for this kind of situations in the gaming industry that I prefer to keep it quiet. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

With that said good luck .

cheerios
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif