PDA

View Full Version : Technical help please

limavictor426
10-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Id be really grateful if anyone could help...Ive been sent a new farcry.exe file from secuROM because there software wont let me play but I dont know what to do with it...they say that I need to rename the old .exe and then replace it.... I cant find a file with that name on it..ive looked right through!!and how do I send the new file once I have found it...any help would be very much appreciated

limavictor426
10-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Id be really grateful if anyone could help...Ive been sent a new farcry.exe file from secuROM because there software wont let me play but I dont know what to do with it...they say that I need to rename the old .exe and then replace it.... I cant find a file with that name on it..ive looked right through!!and how do I send the new file once I have found it...any help would be very much appreciated

Leviathan14
10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
To rename your old executable (.exe) file, go the /bin directory in your Far Cry 2 directory. The default is C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/Far Cry 2/bin.

In this folder there should be a file called FarCry2.exe, right click on this file and select Rename. Change the .exe part to .old. Hit Enter.

Next, copy the new .exe file into this directory and double-click on it to launch the game.