PDA

View Full Version : AIM-120 renamed AIM-420?

gascan75
12-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Okay, first of all out of respect for people who have answered this question 40000 times, I've scanned the forum and haven't found this topic in at least 5 pages back- so I'm bringing it back to light.

I've watched the training videos, and tried to learn how to lock on with the F-15 in TWS mode and have succeeded in locking up between 4-6 aircraft. No problem. I wait for the first one to get in range- and subsequent to get in range... and basically ripple fire off everything I have- generally for 1 hit at the most.

Now, in the training video, they talk about a delay time to lock on the next missile in the rack. In the demonstration, however, the guy locks up two targets and launches simultaneously- hitting both targets with no problem (admittedly two lumbering transports- IL-76s I think). I don't understand the function of the delay for the "next missile on the rail." Could that be contributing to my targeting problems?

Does changing AI missile effectiveness settings change my missile settings as well? When I turn it down everything seems to miss all the time.

Any help on the subject, or a link to another forum where this was addressed, would be greatly appreciated.

And for the record, I think the 1.02 patch has done marvels for the game. Hats off to the guys and girls who worked hard to bring this one to the table. Not quite perfect, but ****- it's fun to play.

Regards,

gascan75
12-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Okay, first of all out of respect for people who have answered this question 40000 times, I've scanned the forum and haven't found this topic in at least 5 pages back- so I'm bringing it back to light.

I've watched the training videos, and tried to learn how to lock on with the F-15 in TWS mode and have succeeded in locking up between 4-6 aircraft. No problem. I wait for the first one to get in range- and subsequent to get in range... and basically ripple fire off everything I have- generally for 1 hit at the most.

Now, in the training video, they talk about a delay time to lock on the next missile in the rack. In the demonstration, however, the guy locks up two targets and launches simultaneously- hitting both targets with no problem (admittedly two lumbering transports- IL-76s I think). I don't understand the function of the delay for the "next missile on the rail." Could that be contributing to my targeting problems?

Does changing AI missile effectiveness settings change my missile settings as well? When I turn it down everything seems to miss all the time.

Any help on the subject, or a link to another forum where this was addressed, would be greatly appreciated.

And for the record, I think the 1.02 patch has done marvels for the game. Hats off to the guys and girls who worked hard to bring this one to the table. Not quite perfect, but ****- it's fun to play.

Regards,

Caretaker.
12-07-2004, 04:36 AM
Yes, the slider affects all missiles, both for the player's plane and the AI. The wording is somewhat misleading, as after all, all missiles are AI controlled no matter who fires them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif