PDA

View Full Version : I dont mind humor...

Yen Lo
02-22-2006, 05:44 PM
but lets focus on making things right the first time, like why the team wont "stay" when asked.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/transient/ScreenShot11.jpg

Truju
02-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I dont get it, what does it say

reggo
02-23-2006, 06:45 AM
It simply means that if you ask your team to 'hold on', they won't remain 'standing still' for a very long time. Instead, they will join you in the fray whatever you asked them seconds before.

It was exactly the same thing that was happening with the game 'Sum of All Fears (SOAF)' in 2002.

The explanation for that is that both games (RSL & SOAF) are designed with the casual gamer in mind. And the basic assumption is that the CASUAL gamer, as opposed to the HARCORE gamer, is a ***** who may drip his pants if he sees some terrorist without having some bots behind himself to get the 'job' done for him.

The particular problem here is that the friendly AI is not really clever. So the casual gamer is as doomed as the hardcore gamer is disappointed.

Truju
02-23-2006, 10:23 AM
ok but what the hell does that screenshot have to do with anything? You're looking at a wall

reggo
02-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Truju:
ok but what the hell does that screenshot have to do with anything? You're looking at a wall

Me too, I'm without any clue on that...

Yen Lo ???

Yen Lo
02-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Its an advertisement.
Sorry but if I read it right it reads Necronomichips? As in a snack food? Of the Dead? ehh? LOL
I thought it was kinda funny, then again must have been one of those times when my team "snuck" up and scared me again.

ball325
02-24-2006, 08:18 PM
i prefer not to have team mates. They are ******ed. Ill run into a room to clear it and they will run right infront of me and stop, resulting in thier death, same with hostages i cant tell you how many times a hostage has run infront of me and killed himself

RedTerex
02-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Ubi soft will still make big bucks with LockDown but sadly they have damaged their reputation and prestige in the proccess.

we live and learn dont we !

googoogoo1980
02-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by reggo:
And the basic assumption is that the CASUAL gamer, as opposed to the HARCORE gamer, is a ***** who may drip his pants if he sees some terrorist without having some bots behind himself to get the 'job' done for him.

The particular problem here is that the friendly AI is not really clever. So the casual gamer is as doomed as the hardcore gamer is disappointed.
So true. People have bursted out in tears for less than the horrible, horrible, crappy, useless AI in this game. I'm sorry to see that UBI no longer cares about making quality games, I guess they feel that their reputation from previous good games is all they need to get some extra cash in.

Really sad. R6:Lockdown is a waste of money and a waste of time, it's simply obvious that they didn't care at all to make a decent game.

Never again an UBI game on my harddrive.