PDA

View Full Version : Conviction only given to Microsoft???

nirog
11-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Why is Splinter Cell: Conviction, the game which promises to revolutionise the way Splinter Cell is played, only going to be available on PC and XBOX 360 and NOT on PS3? It seems like a bit less of a revolution when you are reducing your market. Who is to blame here though? Is it Sony? Is it Ubisoft? Is it Microsoft?

Is Conviction likely to come out on PS3 as well eventually?

Any help on this would be great.

nirog
11-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Why is Splinter Cell: Conviction, the game which promises to revolutionise the way Splinter Cell is played, only going to be available on PC and XBOX 360 and NOT on PS3? It seems like a bit less of a revolution when you are reducing your market. Who is to blame here though? Is it Sony? Is it Ubisoft? Is it Microsoft?

Is Conviction likely to come out on PS3 as well eventually?

Any help on this would be great.

Aj6627
11-29-2007, 02:12 PM
No!

soron
11-29-2007, 06:09 PM
you should have went with 360

jonavoly
12-16-2007, 04:38 AM
man, If I know ubisoft... and I do (sort of) they will have this game comming out for everything from the unused dreamcast to the PS4...

Assassins creed was supposed to be ps3 only... now its even for the nintendo BS...

chris_rhodes02
12-30-2007, 04:19 PM
yup i herd this to microsoft have apparently bought exclusive rights to splinter cell from now on so unfortunatly as soron said u shuda gone 360 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bllasae
01-04-2008, 02:37 PM
The Xbox 360 pwns the ps3 anyways.

Jackie Fiest
01-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Ok let's keep the console flaming off the forums please. Everyone likes the different consoles for different reasons, and I'd hate to have to close the thread over a flame war. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chris_rhodes02:
yup i herd this to microsoft have apparently bought exclusive rights to splinter cell from now on so unfortunatly as soron said u shuda gone 360 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that info is very likely not true considering Ubisoft does not own the rights to Splinter Cell to sell them to Microsoft in the first place.

EskimoBob32
01-05-2008, 02:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TFS_Jackie:
Ok let's keep the console flaming off the forums please. Everyone likes the different consoles for different reasons, and I'd hate to have to close the thread over a flame war. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, exactly. Anyway, everyone knows the 360 is better anyway.

DISCLAIMER: I was joking, I don't even own either. Please don't ban me.

JackBauer1005
01-13-2008, 01:53 PM
its because Ubi Soft said Splinter Cell is only on the xbox years ago and there are finally doing that because i believe Microsoft have brought the rights for Splinter Cell

Jackie Fiest
01-14-2008, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JackBauer1005:
its because Ubi Soft said Splinter Cell is only on the xbox years ago and there are finally doing that because i believe Microsoft have brought the rights for Splinter Cell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they haven't. I work with the people who do own the copyright to SC. It's Rubicon, not Microsoft.

Splitted_Cell
01-20-2008, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JackBauer1005:
its because Ubi Soft said Splinter Cell is only on the xbox years ago and there are finally doing that because i believe Microsoft have brought the rights for Splinter Cell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know this is off topic but I take it that u are into 24 the TV series with your username???
I recently got the PS2 and boguht 24 and I have been loving it...
Back on Subject again it looks as though the PS2 will be dieing soon then if there will be no more Splinter Cells Released for it.

Fisherboy101
02-18-2008, 08:02 AM
I'd be fine if Splinter Cell games only came out now for the 360 cause i own one YAY 360 OWNERS! plus i could never own a PS3 i cant stand the controllers...for one and 2 i just dont like it its HUGE 360 isnt even THAT big.

Splitted_Cell
02-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah well us guys who saw PS first(LIKE ME) aren't so happy about that proposition. I probably also would've prefered the X-box controler if I used it first but as it happens I am in no way a fan of the x-box control. the x-box is cool but i can't get my hands to function properly with its layout, but hey we all have our opinions no need to argue about it.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif