PDA

View Full Version : Why such a large amount of Assassin Recruits?

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-27-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm not complaining or anything, because the more the merrier.

But I just spent a lot of time training all 12 of my recruits to the assassin rank and there is no reward. That's absolutely ridiculous. To begin with you can only call 6 of them into battle so why even bother having 6 more? I spent the time training them expecting an achievement, or maybe an un-lockable quest of some sort but I get nothing.

It's not a big deal I just don't know why you would put an extra 6 in if you have no use for them.

AbstergoIsReal
12-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by THE-GRIZZLEY:
I'm not complaining or anything, because the more the merrier.

But I just spent a lot of time training all 12 of my recruits to the assassin rank and there is no reward. That's absolutely ridiculous. To begin with you can only call 6 of them into battle so why even bother having 6 more? I spent the time training them expecting an achievement, or maybe an un-lockable quest of some sort but I get nothing.

It's not a big deal I just don't know why you would put an extra 6 in if you have no use for them.

Just for fun to rank up I guess.

Yutros
12-27-2010, 11:55 PM
You get a trophy/achievement called Welcome to the Brotherhood. And you have to train a recruit up to the Rank of Assassin.

E-Zekiel
12-28-2010, 12:09 AM
The point is to get items/money and such from their missions, I'd imagine, but still have access to your 3 bars.

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Yutros:
You get a trophy/achievement called Welcome to the Brotherhood. And you have to train a recruit up to the Rank of Assassin.

I trained them all up the the rank of Assassin and got nothing. That's my point.

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
The point is to get items/money and such from their missions, I'd imagine, but still have access to your 3 bars.

That is definitely a possibility, but kind of odd considering how easy it is to make money. (Buying property or just roaming around pick-pocketting everyone you see; which is actually a great way to make money.)

drizzit986
12-28-2010, 01:32 AM
the more you have the better. If you are verrry unlucky to have one die, you can still have all 3 bars to use to call on them because of the extra. The most important use for having all 12 is so you can send them on missions while still maintaining enough to call on and use the 3 bar skill.

Cloudfuel
12-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Coincides with the Borgia Towers... 12.

SquarePolo27
12-28-2010, 10:38 AM
All of mine are level 10. When I'm doing a shop quest, I look for the item that I need from assassination contracts and off they go.

Lefti21
12-28-2010, 11:54 AM
if one of the assassins you use die they get replaced by one of the others

fugazi787
12-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If Ubi only put in 6, you'd be complaining why they didnt give you more so you could experience the leveling and not be left empty handed when sending out your recruits to do missions for items.

They give you more, but then its, "Why?! This is a blatant waste of Ubisofts development budget that should be spent on future content! Disgusting!"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Blackfire447
12-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I have no problem with the max of 12 assassin's, but simply that there is no real reward for getting 12 assassin's. I had assumed that at the end, you would make a stand with all 12 of your awesome assassin's lined up behind you,fighting hundreds of soldiers....But that never happened....The idea of the brotherhood is great,but I think it needs more importance, because I really didn't need my assassin's to help me fight at all,only to gather supplies from missions.

tjzeissler
12-28-2010, 04:38 PM
It's not totally pointless. You get Altair's sword by completing all of the Assassins Guild challenges. One being "raise 5 recruits to the rank of assassin".

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by fugazi787:

If Ubi only put in 6, you'd be complaining why they didnt give you more so you could experience the leveling and not be left empty handed when sending out your recruits to do missions for items.

They give you more, but then its, "Why?! This is a blatant waste of Ubisofts development budget that should be spent on future content! Disgusting!"

You say that like you know me and what I would say.

When did I say it was disgusting? when did I say it's a waste of Ubi's development budget? Clearly you missed the entire point.

GibsonD90
12-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by THE-GRIZZLEY:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fugazi787:

You say that like you know me and what I would say.

When did I say it was disgusting? when did I say it's a waste of Ubi's development budget? Clearly you missed the entire point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's just saying that if you had a few you would want more, and if you had too many you would ask why they did it, which you did. He wasn't exactly quoting you.