PDA

View Full Version : For pitty's sake people, LEARN SOME PATIENCE!

chaofan
11-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Alright, so I come to this forum in search of help with Hammer not having the correct configuration (or any as of yet) for DM: M&M, and all I see is a bunch of sniveling little 3 year olds who don't have what's called 'patience'.
Let me explain;
Arkane made a few mistakes in the handling of the graphics in the game, and that caused a small amount of people to not be able to play. Then, these said people decide to, like arrogant children, uproar in a frenzy on the official forums because they aren't getting what they want. I understand that the game costs a lot, but this is pathetic.
Now, let me explain why their actions are unjustified. Arkane is working hard to fix these said mistakes, as it takes a lot of time, and they have several other games to focus on as well. These people decide to yell in Arkane's face, demanding their money back when we all know damn well that the internet exists for a reason; To deliver vast amounts of information (game data included) in order to continually update the world in current progress. The ranting people fail to realize this and complain even louder. What they don't realize is they are sitting right on top of their answer, or rather USING their answer to rant. All it takes is a little waiting and reporting back to Arkane what happens with each patch in a mature manner. All you need to do is wait, the patches and fixes will be delivered slowly but surely.

I came here to look for help, not listen to some 10 year old kid who can't get his game to work yell at a big company.

Sorry about the rant, but its 5:30 in the morning and I've been looking for the solution to my own problem all night. I even tried to fix it myself... but to no avail. However, I still stand strongly by my points as to why the people demanding their money back are unjustified.

Simply put; if you have the internet, you have no right to complain.

Don't get me wrong though, I respect the person who can kindly report their issues in a civilized manner. thats what a tech help forum should be.

nemesis213
11-12-2006, 07:09 AM
and that caused a small amount of people to not be able to play.

Oh boy ... not a "small amount" of people but the 90% of people who bought this game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

All you need to do is wait, the patches and fixes will be delivered slowly but surely.

Aha .. wait? Maybe you can wait ...

but when i buy a computer game i dont want to wait 2 or more weeks to play it u know?! A Game that is released should be run fine and without problmes. When i have to wait for a patch to play it the developers should it print on the manual or smth. else. Sry but this is true Oo ..

greetz

Vertaler
11-12-2006, 07:10 AM
The problem is, your posting this won't change anything about the complainers' behaviour.

It's better not to waste your time getting upset and just live with it.

Graverazor
11-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Why would you suggest that the customers show patience when dealing with a faulty game, when all along, the patience should have been on Ubi's part by ironing out all of the bugs before releasing an advertised finished product? When I spend my money on a game, I expect it to be finished. I do not expect to have to wait weeks upon weeks for the developers to fix the bugs that should have been handled upon release.

uproar in a frenzy on the official forums because they aren't getting what they want

It isn't about getting what we want, it is about getting what we paid for. I didn't pay for a beta version of a game, I paid for the finished version. Give me the finished version, and give it to me now, or do not expect my further purchases of ubisoft games. It is as simple as that.

Arkane is working hard to fix these said mistakes, as it takes a lot of time, and they have several other games to focus on as well

Again, it comes back to what we, the customers, paid for. I don't care how many games they are working on, that is not important. What is important is fixing the games that they have released. They already have our money, by putting off fixing our problems so that they can work on other projects, just shows that they are not a company that is deserving of getting my hard earned money.

To side with the company releasing a faulty product is what is pathetic imo.

KitoZane
11-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by chaofan:
Alright, so I come to this forum in search of help with Hammer not having the correct configuration (or any as of yet) for DM: M&M, and all I see is a bunch of sniveling little 3 year olds who don't have what's called 'patience'.
Let me explain;
Arkane made a few mistakes in the handling of the graphics in the game, and that caused a small amount of people to not be able to play. Then, these said people decide to, like arrogant children, uproar in a frenzy on the official forums because they aren't getting what they want. I understand that the game costs a lot, but this is pathetic.
Now, let me explain why their actions are unjustified. Arkane is working hard to fix these said mistakes, as it takes a lot of time, and they have several other games to focus on as well. These people decide to yell in Arkane's face, demanding their money back when we all know damn well that the internet exists for a reason; To deliver vast amounts of information (game data included) in order to continually update the world in current progress. The ranting people fail to realize this and complain even louder. What they don't realize is they are sitting right on top of their answer, or rather USING their answer to rant. All it takes is a little waiting and reporting back to Arkane what happens with each patch in a mature manner. All you need to do is wait, the patches and fixes will be delivered slowly but surely.

I came here to look for help, not listen to some 10 year old kid who can't get his game to work yell at a big company.

Sorry about the rant, but its 5:30 in the morning and I've been looking for the solution to my own problem all night. I even tried to fix it myself... but to no avail. However, I still stand strongly by my points as to why the people demanding their money back are unjustified.

Simply put; if you have the internet, you have no right to complain.

Don't get me wrong though, I respect the person who can kindly report their issues in a civilized manner. thats what a tech help forum should be.

Ok chaofan let me set you straight on a couple of things.. I've come here in the past to complain and I can tell you I'm not a sniveling 12 year old.. I'm a mature 29 year old in fact.. A lot of the points I was going to make have already been said by the above poster.. So I will just say this... The fact that you come here to find a solution to your problem only to find loads of complaint threads should indicate to you that the MAJORITY of people CAN NOT actually PLAY.. Therefore, the solution you are looking for doesn't exist because only a small amount of people can actually play the game.

Go troll somewhere else why don't you.

Gellentte
11-12-2006, 01:08 PM
This is like watching the jeramy kyle show (sorry for the bad spelling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) but more like reading it.

Shadow_2588
11-12-2006, 01:19 PM
lol..have some patience? that's what I've had since the game was released over 2 weeks ago....you people just don't get it...you get now, you havent had to wait so long for it to work or anything, you havent tried a countless number of things to get the game working, and if you say you have, then you're lying, otherwise you'd be very angry like the rest of us.

Go away...you're being annoying..you really are.

chaofan
11-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Ok ok, I'm sorry you guys. I thought I had done enough research before I complained about the complainers, and I was really agitated and cranky at the time. So I take full blame for the ignorance and immaturity.

All I was saying is, instead of *****ing ubi/arkane out, just simply explain your situation and wait. I've been waiting for twilight princess for 2 years now.

Also, how is the game faulty if I'm running it?

SPECS:
DELL dimension 3000
Nvidia FX 5500 by PNY
1.0GB RAM (my bro can play on 512 ram)
80GB HDD (Not sure how to check the speed)
All graphics settings are at low for maximum performance.

Attackgoat
11-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Imagine halo 3 coming out and 90% of people not being able to play it. Ubi is getting off easy in my opinion. If a lawsuit was filed, the prosecution would have a very good chance of winning. An amount of pissed off is acceptable when you wait 2 years for a game and it doesn't bloody work.

Sunreva
11-12-2006, 05:35 PM
If you want to blame anyone, it should be the one's who fund these projects. The publishers, the one's who plough the money into these things. At the end of the day it's buisness! Who cares if the consumers get what was promised (OR NOT!) After spending so much money, they wanna see a return. A deadline for software release's gives them a projection for the future. Good marketing and a WORKING demo led us all to buy the game within a few days of it's release unaware of its state! The funding party's are probably in profit when you consider how many copies sold within the first few days. Nether the less its the developers who are the scape goats and feel the brunt of the anger from the community. We are not the only one's who got the SH**Y end of the stick! That said, I'm still P****D at the fact that two weeks have passed without playing this damn thing, may as well have come round in person and took the cash straight from my wallet!

P.S Sorry if it sounded harsh, just don't like spending money on old rope??? 1 out of 10, great stuff!

DK1088
11-12-2006, 06:00 PM
As indicated in other posts, if I can play this demo with my hardware, no matter what it is, shouldn't I expect to play the full game with the same hardware? I may even compromise and turn down my resolution or settings a bit...but I should still be able to play. Period.

Chaofan - why are you able to play? A very good question. You may be on medium or low settings at low resoution on a common card that absorbs the faults that are in the game. The rest of us with higher grade gear, or specialized gear for others, have a continuous battle just to get the game to actually load, much less play. As a sampling, I can play F.E.A.R (and all its modules), Doom3, Half-Life2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Quake4...and a huge host of other varying games...on this same equipment, cranked up on resolution and detail...and have little or no problem. This cannot be said for Dark Messiah (though it can be for the Demo).

I do appreciate, however, the fact that you can admit to being a bit testy on your response due to outside circumstances...we all have bad days.

chaofan
11-12-2006, 08:22 PM
I see. I didn't realize that newer cards were that picky with the newer forms of rendering. It might be a long shot, but if any of you have your integrated still in your motherboard, try using that? It might work, especially on low settings. I have to say, even on all low, this game looks beautiful. If anybody is on a laptop and is having graphics card issues (especially nVidia), go to www.laptopvideo2go.com (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com) . thanks to these guys, my toshiba satelite doesn't have that ghastly black bar on the right and I can play hl2.

Moridge
11-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Whatever, they're professionals and made a kickass looking game with nice graphics and originality, I like this game and everything but they shouldn't of released it if it still has a load of problems, I can't even finish the game because it keeps freezing at random parts and somehow my game gets deleted! It gets a little frustrating and for MP it freezes the second I click on join a game or whatever is on that menu, so I don't even bother with that...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gifI say we all grab pitchforks and torches, march on to the arkane/ubisoft HQ or studios or whatever and burn the mother down and kill everyone inside! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

j/k http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Come on man let's make some people's moneys worth and get the game going!

Moridge
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Sunreva:
If you want to blame anyone, it should be the one's who fund these projects. The publishers, the one's who plough the money into these things. At the end of the day it's buisness! Who cares if the consumers get what was promised (OR NOT!) After spending so much money, they wanna see a return. A deadline for software release's gives them a projection for the future. Good marketing and a WORKING demo led us all to buy the game within a few days of it's release unaware of its state! The funding party's are probably in profit when you consider how many copies sold within the first few days. Nether the less its the developers who are the scape goats and feel the brunt of the anger from the community. We are not the only one's who got the SH**Y end of the stick! That said, I'm still P****D at the fact that two weeks have passed without playing this damn thing, may as well have come round in person and took the cash straight from my wallet!

P.S Sorry if it sounded harsh, just don't like spending money on old rope??? 1 out of 10, great stuff!

Amen brother

tuck3r1959
11-12-2006, 11:16 PM
PATIENCE!? I realize the game has bugs; every game does. I can live with a few bugs, but not when I cannot play the game at all. I expect a game to at least be half-***ed playable out of the box. And here it is 2 weeks later, and the game is still nothing more than a $50 coaster.
Simply unacceptable, and the worst of it is I cannot even get my money back. Grrr....

MutantPirate
11-13-2006, 02:48 AM
Ok lets take an example.

You buy a car, but when you try to start it it just doesn't work.
The retailer of the car tells you that he'll fix it.
A week later you come back and ask how its going with the car.
The retailer tells you that he still hasn't been able to fix it.
And go on...

How would you respond then?

Its ubi's fault for pushing this game to launch in the stores at a beta state.

deverauxmz
11-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by MutantPirate:
Ok lets take an example.

You buy a car, but when you try to start it it just doesn't work.
The retailer of the car tells you that he'll fix it.
A week later you come back and ask how its going with the car.
The retailer tells you that he still hasn't been able to fix it.
And go on...

How would you respond then?

Its ubi's fault for pushing this game to launch in the stores at a beta state.

WORD!

Torrac6969
11-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by DK1088:
As indicated in other posts, if I can play this demo with my hardware, no matter what it is, shouldn't I expect to play the full game with the same hardware? I may even compromise and turn down my resolution or settings a bit...but I should still be able to play. Period.

Chaofan - why are you able to play? A very good question. You may be on medium or low settings at low resoution on a common card that absorbs the faults that are in the game. The rest of us with higher grade gear, or specialized gear for others, have a continuous battle just to get the game to actually load, much less play. As a sampling, I can play F.E.A.R (and all its modules), Doom3, Half-Life2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Quake4...and a huge host of other varying games...on this same equipment, cranked up on resolution and detail...and have little or no problem. This cannot be said for Dark Messiah (though it can be for the Demo).

I agree with you 100% DK. I could play the demo absolutely fine and both the playability from the DVD and Steam versions of this game sucks.

Has anyone looked into some of these load issues being caused my copy protection? I haven't come across any posts to this effect.

A couple of other games to throw into the pot with the ones DK already mentioned are Oblivion, the new Gothic 3 demo and Call of Duty 2. Haven't even considered turning options down for these games.

RenegadeXI42
11-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Stop saying 90%... really now, did you guys take a poll of every Dark Messiah owner?

You guys DO realize that people who actually visit the game forums are a VAST minority as opposed to the people who don't? If everyone who was able to play this game made a topic saying "YAY IT WORKS!", we'd have 50+ pages of YAY IT WORKS topics. Seriously, 90% is nowhere near close. I know it's frustrating when a game doesn't work, hell, Gothic 3 doesn't work at all on my system, I just get visual artifacts after visual artifacts, but you have to remember that complaining and calling the developers incompetent isn't going to solve anything. Just state your problem, wait for an answer, and for god's sake, go do something else, there are so many other things you could be doing than playing this game.

There IS a patch coming out. Most likely next week, so just keep it cool.

BTOG46
11-13-2006, 02:01 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

The voice of the silent majority!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7640/btog46mssig6pv1lh8.jpg (http://maximum-gamers.com)http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7664/evilupyl0.gif
Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch
Maximum-Gamers.com Administrator "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."

Oakwarrior
11-13-2006, 02:06 PM
The voice of the silent majority!

True!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

WWRTFABATMKUITGShttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Dark_Lord1970
11-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by RenegadeXI42:
Stop saying 90%... really now, did you guys take a poll of every Dark Messiah owner?

You guys DO realize that people who actually visit the game forums are a VAST minority as opposed to the people who don't? If everyone who was able to play this game made a topic saying "YAY IT WORKS!", we'd have 50+ pages of YAY IT WORKS topics. Seriously, 90% is nowhere near close.

I think you are wrong on that. I think there is a majority that has real trouble with the game, me included. Those few people who don't have any troubles have no reason to post. I've found a way to pass most of the problems and after the patch I think it's even better. But I still use the OLD main exe. I got BIG trouble with the patched exe.
I also don't like blaming the developers because of their beta-stated product. I know it's not ONLY their fault. But I think it's right to complain because people paid much money and have the right to get a fully working product if they meet the system requirements and have installed the latest patches for their hardware. It isn't acceptable that the software forces you to tweak your system like a professional.

Psion2004
11-14-2006, 04:09 AM
We are not the ones without patience... Those without patience is those who released this unfinished game.

the53rdcard
11-15-2006, 04:39 AM
I just wish this game had been made by Blizzard, we might have had to wait 5 years and it get pushed back 6 times, but at least when we got it, it would work perfectly out of the box, and the only thing patch's would do is add content.

But at this point I would be happy to just be able to play the prolog, I am getting the DX driver error that is in another post and the game crashes in the room where you first pickup the spider, I have yet to see what's on the other side of even that door, much less any other.

Patience is something that I have in abundance, but even I want to make sure that when I order food from a drive through that I get more then an empty bag and some napkins.

MutantPirate
11-15-2006, 06:46 AM
Made by blizzard? Thats even worse.
Blizzard would ask you money to PLAY the game, and make it on another MMORPG to milk gamers to the max.

I actualy wish it would be made by valve themselves, they make the most stable and playable games on the market.

But point is, ubisoft is the one without patience. They pushed arkane studios to an imposible deadline.

RenegadeXI42
11-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Err, I assume you have never played Diablo 2 when it was first out, because that was one of the buggiest games ever.