PDA

View Full Version : SSX Blur = world's biggest letdown...

TheGoodEd
03-03-2007, 01:29 PM
I've been a huge fan of the SSX franchise ever since it debuted alongside the PS2 back in October of 2000. I had really high hopes for Blur on the Wii, but I'm afraid it's left me with little more than a bad taste in my mouth. It's sort of ho-hum visually, the new music system is pretty obnoxious (I don't think I've ever actually wished for EA Trax), and the controls-- don't even get me started. The whole point of the Wii was to make gaming more accessible; learning this game's controls is right up there with mastering kanji. I'll post a full review on my website in the next day or so, but in the meantime, just avoid this game...

Magiz
03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah, from last night's discussion this sounded like a real stinker. Thanks again for the heads up.

DocHolidazed
03-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Is Wii sports the only good game on this playground platform? Hmmmm.

We were discussing this over brews the other day. It seems that we keep coming back to "wii sports". "Telling"

maddogtannen316
03-03-2007, 10:19 PM
I've seen a few good reviews and a few bad ones..ultimately it comes down to one person's opinion....so with all due respect to mr. ed, search the net first before throwing it out the door.

but world's biggest letdown? don't be so dramatic

Ninja Kn1ght
03-04-2007, 05:51 AM
Tt really feels like developers aren't even trying to make good Wii games. Developers seem to think that the casual gamers who like the Wii will buy any old trash they shovel out. Most Wii games don't even come close to matching the best looking GC game, RE4.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reviews of Wii games have also suffered because the expectations of reviews have changed since the release of 360 and PS3. It'll be increasingly difficult for games to stand out as Wii falls further behind technologically.