08-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Where's the option for neither?

heat_2008
08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Letum87.:

QFT

Edit:
Actually since you brought this up. Who gave these people "rage" in the first place. That is a Naruto...I'm sorry jinchuuriki and Cursed Seal only thing. Where at in the series does anybody except the afore mentioned parties use any"rage". Sakura...never, Shikamaru...never, Neji...never; can you see where this is going? Yet another reason this makes for a bad fighting game, you have to buff other people to make up for the natural INTENTIONAL differences in characters.

KristKP
08-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by heat_2008:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Letum87.:

QFT

Edit:
Actually since you brought this up. Who gave these people "rage" in the first place. That is a Naruto...I'm sorry jinchuuriki and Cursed Seal only thing. Where at in the series does anybody except the afore mentioned parties use any"rage". Sakura...never, Shikamaru...never, Neji...never; can you see where this is going? Yet another reason this makes for a bad fighting game, you have to buff other people to make up for the natural INTENTIONAL differences in characters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you're being specific:

Sakura gets ****ed off all the time. It's a recurring personality trait.
http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1p3TxcV40C_TLeD_GUPzt...sv-ZSVOFfXpcdmGhXDr4 (http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1p3TxcV40C_TLeD_GUPztO9wcYBRCI_bgNaLvn4mdEZ1U7Rrc MnuHVCU3sv-ZSVOFfXpcdmGhXDr4)

Neji got so angry that he tried to kill Hinata at the end of their fight. During Naruto's fight, he told the announcer he planned to kill Naruto, and got really ****ed off with Naruto's never give up attitude.

Sasuke is always angry too.

Naruto is also angry very often. Naruto is where the basis of rage mode comes from. You see, when he got so ****ed off at Haku - he released the kyuubi chakra. That's the basis of rage mode. To gain strength through anger.

heat_2008
08-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by KristKP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heat_2008:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Letum87.:

QFT

Edit:
Actually since you brought this up. Who gave these people "rage" in the first place. That is a Naruto...I'm sorry jinchuuriki and Cursed Seal only thing. Where at in the series does anybody except the afore mentioned parties use any"rage". Sakura...never, Shikamaru...never, Neji...never; can you see where this is going? Yet another reason this makes for a bad fighting game, you have to buff other people to make up for the natural INTENTIONAL differences in characters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you're being specific:

Sakura gets ****ed off all the time. It's a recurring personality trait.
http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1p3TxcV40C_TLeD_GUPzt...sv-ZSVOFfXpcdmGhXDr4 (http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1p3TxcV40C_TLeD_GUPztO9wcYBRCI_bgNaLvn4mdEZ1U7Rrc MnuHVCU3sv-ZSVOFfXpcdmGhXDr4)

Neji got so angry that he tried to kill Hinata at the end of their fight. During Naruto's fight, he told the announcer he planned to kill Naruto, and got really ****ed off with Naruto's never give up attitude.

Sasuke is always angry too.

Naruto is also angry very often. Naruto is where the basis of rage mode comes from. You see, when he got so ****ed off at Haku - he released the kyuubi chakra. That's the basis of rage mode. To gain strength through anger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Sighs*
Naruto's "rage" was meant to represent his initial kyuubi stage when the chakra is just pouring out of him bur before it forms the cloak around him. The only time he even did that was in the fight with Haku and very briefly in the Forest of Death, the next time its brought into the story he has learned what it is and has slight control over it.

Sakura getting ****ed off does not drastically increase her strength, speed, and chakra.

Neji did nothing that would even hint to an abrupt increase in power. Even using is bloodline limit doesn't increase his strength.

Sauske has the cursed seal, which warrants him to have a "rage" mode.

No, just no. His "rage" is not to gain strength through anger. His "rage" brings out the kyuubi chakra thus making him stronger but the reason he got stronger is because of the kyuubi not his anger.

The only reason other characters had rage in Roan is because Naruto did and if they didn't give it to other people then everybody would've *****ed about it.

To put it in simpler terms, Naruto's rage would be Goku's SS1 form, but you don't see Krillin growing a head full of bright shiny blond hair do you.

KristKP
08-30-2008, 06:54 PM
No but they need balance. Krillin has "Unlocked potential" to balance it.

Hey, I don't like rage mode either. The name or the actual mode. It's just it's justifiable.

heat_2008
08-31-2008, 06:37 AM

Hey, I don't like rage mode either. The name or the actual mode. It's just it's justifiable.

Thats my point, Krillin doesnt have no damn "unlocked potential" in the series. If Krillin were to fight Cell he'd get his *** whooped, end of story. But they couldn't leave him out the games so they had to buff him to make it balanced. Well for Naruto you have to buff and debuff a lot of characters and its not even really Naruto anymore.

bgfdfvx32
08-31-2008, 07:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KristKP:

Thats my point, Krillin doesnt have no damn "unlocked potential" in the series. If Krillin were to fight Cell he'd get his *** whooped, end of story. But they couldn't leave him out the games so they had to buff him to make it balanced. Well for Naruto you have to buff and debuff a lot of characters and its not even really Naruto anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BIOWARE FTW!

KristKP
08-31-2008, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KristKP:

Thats my point, Krillin doesnt have no damn "unlocked potential" in the series. If Krillin were to fight Cell he'd get his *** whooped, end of story. But they couldn't leave him out the games so they had to buff him to make it balanced. Well for Naruto you have to buff and debuff a lot of characters and its not even really Naruto anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He does have Unlocked Potential, he gets it from the Elder Namek during the Frieza saga.

heat_2008
08-31-2008, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heat_2008:

He does have Unlocked Potential, he gets it from the Elder Namek during the Frieza saga. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh **** he does...Cell would still kick his *** tho, and thats the only power up he gets. The point is, Krillin when compared to EVERYBODY (which is kinda sad) in the DBZ universe is weak, absurdly weak. I mean the kids can beat the hell out of Krillin. Oh and Yamcha and uh uh uh...the other scrubs that can't keep up with the over powered aliens.

KristKP
08-31-2008, 07:21 PM

He does have Unlocked Potential, he gets it from the Elder Namek during the Frieza saga. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh **** he does...Cell would still kick his *** tho, and thats the only power up he gets. The point is, Krillin when compared to EVERYBODY (which is kinda sad) in the DBZ universe is weak, absurdly weak. I mean the kids can beat the hell out of Krillin. Oh and Yamcha and uh uh uh...the other scrubs that can't keep up with the over powered aliens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a game, dude. The basic fundamentals of a game start with balance.

heat_2008
08-31-2008, 07:34 PM

How many times have I said fighting games are about balance? I'm pretty sure at least 20 times over various posts. I am well aware of that, but like I keep saying...

The difference of power and the trials to attain greater strength is one of the BIGGEST themes in Naruto. Naruto is FAR from being balanced, it's not supposed to be. Characters are meant to be stronger and better than other characters and balancing these characters out ****s up the story.

You CAN NOT make true to the story Naruto game as a fighter, it's flat out impossible. But you can take the characters and the story of Naruto and make a game, and there is a big difference there.

KristKP
08-31-2008, 09:04 PM

How many times have I said fighting games are about balance? I'm pretty sure at least 20 times over various posts. I am well aware of that, but like I keep saying...

The difference of power and the trials to attain greater strength is one of the BIGGEST themes in Naruto. Naruto is FAR from being balanced, it's not supposed to be. Characters are meant to be stronger and better than other characters and balancing these characters out ****s up the story.

You CAN NOT make true to the story Naruto game as a fighter, it's flat out impossible. But you can take the characters and the story of Naruto and make a game, and there is a big difference there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't buy a fighting game that was "true to the story" cause it would suck.

heat_2008
08-31-2008, 09:12 PM

You CAN NOT make true to the story Naruto game as a fighter, it's flat out impossible. But you can take the characters and the story of Naruto and make a game, and there is a big difference there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't buy a fighting game that was "true to the story" cause it would suck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly my damn point, the fact that a true to the story fighting game for Naruto would suck PROVES that Naruto shouldn't be a damn fighter in the first place.

angelblade1029
08-31-2008, 09:17 PM
i understand exactly what you are both saying

heat, your right, if this were actually true to the anime, then sakura might as well kill herself. thus, making a game true to the anime like that IS impossible

kristkp, your also right, its a game meant to be fun, one of the important aspects of fighting games is that it doesnt matter which character you pick, what matters is your individual skill

as for the debate on who should have rage, who shouldnt have rage, who does have rage, who doesnt have rage, etc.,

technically only naruto, sasuke, jiraiya, the sound five, lee/gai, and gaara would have disputable rage modes in this upcoming game, so heat, your right (although you forgot to mention a few),

but anger can access your body's adrenaline, which will give you more endurance, SPEED, AND STRENGTH. so kristkp, your also right

side note: the "rage" gotten through adrenaline, however, would never surpass the "rage" brought on by the kyuubi, ichibi, lees/gais ability to access their inner gates, jiraiyas sage mode, or sasukes and the sound fives curse marks

heat_2008
08-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by angelblade1029:
i understand exactly what you are both saying

heat, your right, if this were actually true to the anime, then sakura might as well kill herself. thus, making a game true to the anime like that IS impossible

kristkp, your also right, its a game meant to be fun, one of the important aspects of fighting games is that it doesnt matter which character you pick, what matters is your individual skill

as for the debate on who should have rage, who shouldnt have rage, who does have rage, who doesnt have rage, etc.,

technically only naruto, sasuke, jiraiya, the sound five, lee/gai, and gaara would have disputable rage modes in this upcoming game, so heat, your right (although you forgot to mention a few),

but anger can access your body's adrenaline, which will give you more endurance, SPEED, AND STRENGTH. so kristkp, your also right

side note: the "rage" gotten through adrenaline, however, would never surpass the "rage" brought on by the kyuubi, ichibi, lees/gais ability to access their inner gates, jiraiyas sage mode, or sasukes and the sound fives curse marks

My whole thing is, and has always been. This should not be a fighting game. You should not have to change key aspects of the story to make a game. Naruto would work much better as an action/adventure/Rpg. Any three or combine the genres. But Naruto is not meant to be a fighting game. There should be fighting in it, lots at that. But it shouldn't be a fighting game. And I'll say this until Ubi realizes it and decides to make some uber Naruto game that actually works with the story, which wouldn't be hard to do. From what I've seen NUNS is taking steps in that direction. I don't know just how far they went, but they have bosses. Actual bosses. That in itself is a big step.

EDIT:
Oh and about the rage stuff. I said All the Jinchuriki and people with cursed seals warrant rage modes. Lee/Gai dont really count, what they're doing is technically doable by any shinobi. Releasing the gates shouldn't count as "rage" but they should put it in the game. Keep in mind the only time lee does that is when he uses Primary Lotus and only for a very short amount of time. The pervy sage can't have "rage" in TBB because he hasn't used any sage skills at this point in the story, that doesn't happen until Shippuden.

angelblade1029
08-31-2008, 10:05 PM
1. yeah i agree with you, the whole theme of naruto is the unbalanced power between him and his rivals

2. you didnt say all the people, you said naruto and sasuke but whatevs

3. your right with lee/gai, but they are the only ninja in the series at that point, and so far i believe, that can do it, and if they are getting beaten, they would use that power to turn the tide of the battle=definition of a "rage mode" although the name doesnt really fit (it doesnt fit with any of them)

4. you are absolutely right about the jiraiya thing, cannot argue whatsoever

heat_2008
08-31-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I said something about Sauske and others, might not have been in this thread so I can't fault you for that.

You're slightly wrong about the lee/gai thing tho. Chidori uses body activation to generate the large amounts of chakra needed. So although lee/gai are the only ones we've seen go that both Sauske and Kakashi can do body activation. I have a suspicion that Chouji is also using body activation for his jutsu but it has never been explained so I can't be sure. In any case it's highly likely that other people can open gates.

angelblade1029
09-01-2008, 12:30 AM
yes but that body activation is only used for jutsus, to gather chakra from the their body and make it visible and lethal. lee/gai use it differently, to temporarily increase their speed and strength aka rage mode, and although any shinobi, in theory, can do it through training and practice, lee/gai are the only ones so far who have undergone that training and are now able to do it (out of the tbb roster, or what we think it is.) if anything ( going back to the rage mode debate) lee's/gai's abilities to open their inner gates, in my opinion, could be used as plausible rage modes

heat_2008
09-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Body activation is used by opening the wound gate. Lee and Gai's lotus just opens..uhm...3 more gates I believe, or 4. Not quite sure but I know/think (yea you like that) there are 7 in all. There are other shinobi who can open gates tho. But the ability to open gates shouldn't give them a rage mode. Its a 1 attack thing, you open the gates and use w/e move and thats it. It's not something that is used over a period of time. "Rage" on the other hand is used over extended periods. What Lee/Gai do is more of a burst attack while "rage" is a state of being.

Looking at the series Lee opened the gates to use primary lotus and immediately closed them. Later on in Shippuden Gai opens gates and does..uh w/e it was he did but he closed the gates right after that attack. If they put it in the game Gai cant have it because he hasn't done anything relating to opening gates in the period of time the game takes place. And if they give it to Lee his rage mode would be that only attack. His speed and strength while fighting Gaara didn't increase because he opened the gates, they increased because he too off those heave...HEAVY weights. By the time he does open them he's already whooped up on Gaara some and uses it for a finishing blow.

beno211994
09-01-2008, 08:54 AM
i think some characters should have transformations like lee should just turn into the lee when he opens the gates but i hope ubi makes the characters stay that way after rage but the power up should go away. Also like when sasuke or kakashi uses their sharingan it should stay that way with kakashi's headband pulled up. So yeah

heat_2008
09-01-2008, 01:57 PM
1. i know other shinobi can open gates, but out of the characters we know in the series, lee and gai are the only ones who can go past that first gate

2. you can keep the gates open for a while, lee/gai closed them quickly to conserve energy. a rage mode is a desperation thing that can only be used in times of great stress, if that were the case, lee/gai could and would keep their gates open for an extended period of time, look at the shippuden movie, lee keeps the first five gates open for a while fighting that wierd rock dude, therefore, opening the gates is not an attack but it is a state of being

3. lee used the gates for hidden lotus, not primary, and that was against gaara. he didnt close them right after, he no longer had the strength to keep them open, it wasnt by his choice. after doing the hidden lotus, he no longer had any strength left, if he did, he wouldve gotten up and beat gaara right there, but he couldnt

4. your right about the gai thing

5. if he opens his gates, lee can do anything he normally could do but faster and stronger. yes, hidden lotus is only achievable by opening gates, but thats not all he can do with his gates open. look at clash of ninja revolution, they have it right.

6. no, just no. opening the gates drastically increases your speed and strength, wasnt that your definition of rage mode? gai said that if you opened all the gates you would achieve the speed and strength of a hokage, but you would die. yes, taking off those weights increased his speed, but speed alone, his kicks were stronger because of their velocity. his real speed and strength were from opening the gates. he opened them because with just speed alone he couldnt penetrate the armor of sand, the only reason he almost beat gaara was because of the speed and strength he got from opening the gates. if you really didnt think that opening the gates increases speed and strength, then go watch the episodes, because i know i am right on this one

1. You don't know that, you assume that. There are a lot of characters in Naruto whose jutsu has not been explained how they do what they do. But you seem really stuck on Lee/Gai so I'm gonna drop it.

2. No they can not keep the gates open for long periods of time, they give an explination of why through Lee's fight with Gaara. Keeping the gates open severly damages your bod, thats why its a forbidden jutsu. Also "Rage" is not a desperation attack. Naruto can use the Kyuubi chakra anytime he wants, Sauske can use the cursed seal any time he wants. No stress needed. The Naruto movies are crap and have nothing to do with the actual Naruto storyline, they're just long filler episodes. And the reason Lee didn't have any strength left is because having the gates open was damaging his body. Rewatch the Gaara fight, you'll see Kakashi talking about his muscles getting damaged or ripped. Also if you open all the gates, you die. That in itself proves the amount of stress opening those gates does. If it didn't they would use it all the time.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/85/08/

Read that, thats the explanation of opening gates, you can not keep them open for long periods of time.

3. He didn't have any strength left because opening the gates damaged his body to the point where he was defenseless.

4. Seems that way.

5. Think about that, you are basing something off a game that MADE UP its own attacks. Seriously, think things through a little more.

6. Nope that is not my defination of "rage" mode. Ubi made up "rage" to give a word for what Naruto does when he releases the Kyuubi chakra as it didn't have a name at that time. And no taking off those weights did not just increase his speed. Have you ever weight trained? Constantly walking around with those weights was constantly building up his muscles, when he too the weights off he got faster AND stronger. The faster something moves the more force it exerts when it hits something. A baseball moving at 80 mph is going to hit a lot harder than one going at 50. Opening the gates forcibly increased his natural strength. Also no, he opened the gates to use Lotus, the end. And no I'm sorry you are not right.

KristKP
09-01-2008, 07:41 PM
The Eight Chakra Gates take huge amounts of training to open. Lee is able to open 5, and Gai is able to open 6.

In the show, it is unknown as to who can open the chakra gates - I assume Kakashi can too.

Primary Lotus opens the 1st chakra gate, thus putting additional strain on the body. Lee opens 4 gates to do Secondary lotus, and opens the 5th for the finishing blow.

The amount of time a person can open the gates for depends ont the amount of strain the user can handle - as each gate you open causes progressivly increasing strain on the body - and the 8th kills you.

Rage mode is a lame concept in my opinion.

Body Activation has nothing to do with the 8 chakra gates.

Hope this helps.

heat_2008
09-01-2008, 09:16 PM
The Eight Chakra Gates take huge amounts of training to open. Lee is able to open 5, and Gai is able to open 6.

In the show, it is unknown as to who can open the chakra gates - I assume Kakashi can too.

Primary Lotus opens the 1st chakra gate, thus putting additional strain on the body. Lee opens 4 gates to do Secondary lotus, and opens the 5th for the finishing blow.

The amount of time a person can open the gates for depends ont the amount of strain the user can handle - as each gate you open causes progressivly increasing strain on the body - and the 8th kills you.

Rage mode is a lame concept in my opinion.

Body Activation has nothing to do with the 8 chakra gates.

Hope this helps.

Aside from the fact you just resaid what I already said just worded it differently I agree with all that except the last part. I'm not 100% sure and I don't care enough to check but I believe you have to open the first gate to use body activation. Chidori requires a large amount of chakra to use and the only way to use it is to open the initial gate and force your body to release the chakra. But you may be right, it's been a while since I've seen the episode they talk about it in. And contrary to popular belief if I'm wrong I accept it, you gotta prove to me I'm wrong tho lol.

angelblade1029
09-01-2008, 09:35 PM
listen i dont want to debate and i dont want to get on anyones bad side

we both made valid points and we're both right about different things

this all started because i said (and still think) lees ability to open gates gives ubi an EXCUSE to give him a rage mode, do i think rage mode should be in the game, hell no, this is stupid we're arguing about a video game, lets just leave it be

venomblade891
09-01-2008, 09:59 PM
agreed angepants, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

angelblade1029
09-01-2008, 10:00 PM
lol hi jared

not me bit u!

heat_2008
09-01-2008, 10:22 PM
@heat

okay, maybe other characters can open gates, but we've only seen lee do it at the point where tbb will be, so only lee will be able to do it in the game

i never said a long time i said an extended period of time, meaning he can stay in that mode for a while, not an hour, but a couple minutes, thats plenty for a fight. i know the gates put a lot of stress on the body and they hurt lee, i already said that it took all his strength after opening his gates and doing the hidden lotus. im the one that first brought up the death-after-all-gates-are-opened thing. yes naruto can use his kyuubi powers at any time but when he does actually choose to use it, he only uses it when he really needs to for fear that he will lose control, sasuke only uses his curse mark if he needs to because it hurts him, same with lees gates, so they only use it sparingly.

again, i already said that it took all his strength to open the gates and doing the hidden lotus

i'm not basing my thoughts on a game, i'm using it as an example...read

think things through? i understand that you made some valid points but you said that opening the gates doesnt increase your speed or power, so try taking your own advice before you give it to others

"Sakura getting ****ed off does not drastically increase her strength, speed, and chakra."

that is what you said in a previous post about how sakura shouldnt have a rage mode, so yes, that is YOUR definition of "rage mode"

i already said that the increased strength comes from the increased velocity of his kicks...again, read

he opened the gates to do hidden lotus, HIDDEN LOTUS, not lotus

in your words, think things through

Have you actually red anything I've said. I mean really read it. People have been called out for this before.

So lets proceed.

Problem one, if only Lee can do it then that gives him an unfair advantage against other characters. Remember this is a fighting game at the core and fighting games are about balance. You can't give 1 character a power and not give others something of equal strength. And if other characters don't have anything of equal strength you have to make something up aka rage mode in Roan.

Problem two, Lee does not keep the gates opened for mins at a time. He kept them open for seconds, just long enough to use the attack. Looking at the anime it may have looked like he was doing it for a couple of mins but thats because the anime panned to various characters to show their reactions to the fight while the fight was going on but in reality he only had the gates open long enough to use lotus. Seconds is not a while, or an extended period of time. Also I don't remember you bringing up the death thing but even if you did I already knew it so thats irrelevant. And at this point in time Naruto uses the Kyuubi power A LOT, he uses its chakra various times and has no choice but to use it if he wants to summon the big bad *** toad. He just doesn't get so far as to form the tail and ears. He freely used it against Neji because Neji locked his own chakra. Also he has no fear of loosing control because he hasn't lost control yet in the series. Sauske doesnt use the cursed seal much because he hasn't been taught how to use it yet. You're advancing the story far beyond that of whats going into both TBB and NUNS, a lot of the things you're saying don't happen until Shippuden.

Problem 3 and I quote...

"if he opens his gates, lee can do anything he normally could do but faster and stronger. yes, hidden lotus is only achievable by opening gates, but thats not all he can do with his gates open. look at clash of ninja revolution, they have it right".

You are using that games MADE UP attacks in order to prove a point, a bad point at that as I explained earlier.

Problem four, and this one I have an issue with because you're putting words in my mouth. I never said opening the gates does not increase your speed or stamina. I said...

"Nope that is not my defination of "rage" mode. Ubi made up "rage" to give a word for what Naruto does when he releases the Kyuubi chakra as it didn't have a name at that time. And no taking off those weights did not just increase his speed. Have you ever weight trained? Constantly walking around with those weights was constantly building up his muscles, when he too the weights off he got faster AND stronger. The faster something moves the more force it exerts when it hits something. A baseball moving at 80 mph is going to hit a lot harder than one going at 50. Opening the gates forcibly increased his natural strength. Also no, he opened the gates to use Lotus, the end. And no I'm sorry you are not right."

Notice whats in bold, shall I break this down for you in simple terms? Taking off the weights allowed him to use his normal strength and speed, having the weights on made him weaker as they restricted his power and speed. Opening the gates increases his natural strength and speed by pushing his body past its limits. Now tell me where I said opening the gates didn't increase his strength and speed. Don't feel bad, you are not the first person whose comprehension skills have been called into question for lack of reading. And from what I can tell, you wont be the last. And yes I enjoy making people look stupid, if you read what I wrote correctly the first time then this wouldn't even be an issue. So this time, take my damn advice instead of trying to spit it back at me. You'll be better off.

Problem five, this one is just flat out funny to me. If I said, and I quote your quote of me...

"Sakura getting ****ed off does not drastically increase her strength, speed, and chakra." Now the key word in that sentance is, yup you guessed it "not".

But theres more, I said this AFTER you said...

"yes but that body activation is only used for jutsus, to gather chakra from the their body and make it visible and lethal. lee/gai use it differently, to temporarily increase their speed and strength aka rage mode, and although any shinobi, in theory, can do it through training and practice, lee/gai are the only ones so far who have undergone that training and are now able to do it (out of the tbb roster, or what we think it is.) if anything ( going back to the rage mode debate) lee's/gai's abilities to open their inner gates, in my opinion, could be used as plausible rage modes".

Now with that in mind you need to understand that I was not the not to bring that up. KristKP tried to use Sakura getting ****ed as an excuse to give her a "rage" mode, also keeping in mind I have openly stated how stupid I think rage mode is. Why would I define it as angry strength? Not to mention I have said NUMEROUS times that the only reason it's called rage mode is because they didn't have a name for it yet in the series and even if they did they couldn't give everybody a "demon fox cloak" mode in the game. "Rage" mode is what happens when Naruto uses the kyuubi chakra and the byproduct of using the kyuubi chakra is an increase in strength and speed.

Problem six, when I said lotus I meant it as a general term. The problem with calling it "hidden" lotus is that it has 2 or 3 different translations and it was obvious what I meant when I said lotus. You call it hidden, some manga call it extreme, some call it primary. But no matter what I called it I said he opened the gates to use it so that should've automatically told you which one I was referring to, but you just wanted to be a smart ***.

Please do make sure to completely read this so I don't have to make you look stupid again, not that I would mind.

EDIT:
It took me a LONG time to go back and find all those damn quotes, as such I didn't see what u said until AFTER I posted this. Even if I had see what you wrote I still would've posted this. When you're wrong you're wrong. This has nothing to do with your opinions this is 100% based on what you've said and what you've said I said. I'm simply correcting you. And you haven't gotten on my bad side. If you were, I'd already be banned. If you think I'm mean or being an *** now, you have no idea what I'm capable of saying, and honestly you don't want to know. I look at this a simple debate, no more no less.

heat_2008
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
wow

okay

with the sakura thing, you were saying that sakuras getting ****ed off doesnt count as a rage mode, yes, i get it, but wut you said was sakura getting ****ed off does not dramatically increase her speed and strength, you subbed out rage mode with that phrase which means you think they are the same

still with me, or do i need to slow down

"His speed and strength while fighting Gaara didn't increase because he opened the gates, they increased because he too off those heave...HEAVY weights."

that is what you said in a previous post, so read your own **** before you tell me too, because i have. looks like i'm not the one with comprehension problems, smart ***

"gai said that if you opened all the gates you would achieve the speed and strength of a hokage, but you would die."

also from a previous post, but of mine, i did mention it, so once again, dont say i have comprehension problems when you dont read anything yourself

pertaining to your first paragraph (after all the reading stuff), yes, your right, thats why i said rage mode is stupid

you know, i really wouldnt know how long he can keep his gates open, but neither do you

youre right with the naruto thing, he hasnt lost control yet and he does use it a lot, but if by chose or not, he only taps into that power when he really needs to

"Naruto can use the Kyuubi chakra anytime he wants, Sauske can use the cursed seal any time he wants. No stress needed."

this is from a previous post of yours, you just either contradicted yourself, or your doing the same thing your telling me off for doing, either way, whos looking stupid?

okay i understand the confusion with the CONR thing, that may have been a mistake on my part due to bad explaining, so i will explain now...what i meant was when you open lees gates in that game his speed and strength increase, and when you open a certain gate, you can do the hidden lotus...thats all i meant i wasnt refering to anything made up

i'll take the blow when it comes to you simply saying lotus, but i wasnt trying to be a smart *** i seriously thought you didnt know which one it was, i'm sorry if i came off wrong and i'm sorry that i misunderstood you

but...

with that last comment of yours, whos the smart ***? thats insulting, i didnt insult you so why do you have to stoop down a level. anyway, i think i just proved that you dont even read your own posts, so i'm gonna stop because if you dont read your own, how do i expect you to comprehend mine, so once again lets leave it be

*Sigh*

your comprehension skills are really really bad, worse than I thought but it's ok. I can work with it. Moving on.

No, no, no. How many times do I have to explain this. Maybe I'm making too many assumptions on my part so I'll stop and explain things clearly. Rage mode comes from Naruto's ability to use the kyuubi chakra, when Naruto uses the Kyuubi chakra his strength and speed increase. Since no other character can do this rage mode just increases your strength and speed. Sakura getting ****ed does not do this. I do not think rage mode increases strength and speed, I don't even think rage mode should exist. But that is the only way to explain it in a non Naruto form. Understand?

And no you still have serious comprehension problems. He took off the weights and got faster and stronger, when that wasn't enough he opened the gates got even more faster and stronger than he was and used lotus. Understand?

It doesn't matter if you said that if I already knew that. You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know and I didn't bring it up because you said it. Understand?

You're right I don't know an exact time, but looking at the nature of opening gates and the nature of how anime is done it is fairly obvious to tell that he had the gates open for a very short amount of time. Lee flying through the air and beating Gaara like a rag doll and using lotus happened over the course of a few seconds, not mins. Seriously go back and watch the episode, take notice of how the the anime pans back and forth. It's impossible to show the fight between Lee and Gaara as well as the reactions of those watching simultaneously so they break it up and it looks longer than it really is. It's a common visual practice. Understand?

It's not natural to run around releasing mass amounts of power to do petty things. It's common sense that he only uses it when he needs to. The same goes for Kakashi and the sharingan...and any shinobi with high level skills. You dont use a chainsaw to cut a weed. Understand?

Uh you lost me right there...so nope I don't understand.

I can't picture something I haven't seen. And I don't want to comment on something I don't fully understand so I'll just ignore that game. Understand?

I'm a smart *** by nature, yes I know you understand.

See above, and I just proved that not only do I read my posts you haven't understood much of what I said. Understand?

heat_2008
09-02-2008, 12:23 AM
oh boy, we are just not communicating well

i'll start from the beginning and make amends

i know (and agree) that rage mode should not exist, and i agree with you that naruto's kyuubi powers are the origin of rage mode, i used the sakura thing as an example to explain that, up til now, both of our definitions of rage mode was in increase of speed and strength

"Since no other character can do this rage mode just increases your strength and speed. Sakura getting ****ed does not do this. I do not think rage mode increases strength and speed, I don't even think rage mode should exist."

read that, didnt you just contradict yourself? please explain, cause i dont want to argue anymore

i'm sorry if i misunderstood you directly saying lee opening the gates didnt increase his strength/speed, but seriously, please explain better in the future so we prevent these arguements

yes, i understand how the anime works, what i said was that lee COULD PROBABLY be in his opened-gate state for a couple of minutes, it was the hidden lotus that messes him up the most

again, i understand that you only use powers like that if you need to, what i'm saying is that FOR THE GAME, rage mode is used as an act of desperation, so if lee opens his gates only when he needs too, then that could be fitted into THE GAME as a rage mode. understand?

yes, i understand that you dont want to comment on something you dont know about, but i dont understand y you commented (negatively) about it before if you dont know anything about it. care to explain?

no, your an a$$ by nature, but your not as smart as you think you are because you resort to petty insults to prove your point

no you proved that you dont know how to properly debate, you proved that your a jerk, you proved that you still dont read, and you proved that your not worth my time, so have a nice day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Ok fair enough.

What I mean is, since the Bijuus and ppl with cursed seal are the only people who can increase their power for extended periods of time they are the only ppl that would warrant having a rage mode.

With that said, rage mode is a stupid name created to give reason for giving random characters powers they shouldn't have. In the game thats what rage mode does, increases your strength and speed. So thats really the only way to describe it because the whole system is incorrect. I don't mean I think thats what rage mode does but thats how Ubi is using it. Understand?

Man its...was, labor day. I been drinking...don't expect a clear explanation lol. Plus I'm in the middle of a raid in WoW so I probably shouldn't even be typing here. I killed us twice but they don't know that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

He def was only in it for a few seconds. From my understanding oh how opening gates works its like setting off a bomb in your body. The more you open, the bigger the bomb and the more power you have. And just like any power the higher the benefit the greater the risk. Take Naruto for example, in Shippuden when he goes all bad *** and WHOOPS OROCHIMARU'S ***...and he would've if the fight had dragged out, the only reason he was even moving is because the chakra was controlling his body. He himself was unconscious from the moment the 4th tail appeared...btw damn I hope you've read the manga or at least download the subbed anime cause thats kinda a huge spoiler...heh heh heh. He woke after they surpressed the kyuubi chakra and didn't know wtf had happened. Anyway back to Lee, its way to unreasonable to say he can open the gates go crazy for a couple of mins. Those gates are a burst power, it's meant to be a final move or combo. Even Gai just opened them for that one attack. If he could've opened gates and fought for a couple of mins he would've did that from the start. Understand?

If they put it in the game, unless you're playing as somebody that actually has a special power it should be a 1 move only thing. And I still don't think it should be put in the game. Or at the very least it should only be in the story mode and used when used in the actual series. Meaning nobody but the people who should have it can do it. Understand?

Because I didn't think about it, at the time I was just talking randomly. If you knew me you'd know these random comments when you saw them. Thats pretty self explanatory so I'm sure you understand.

You misunderstand me greatly if you believe that. Greatly.

*sigh*
I can't believe I actually took the time to be nice and respond in a positive manner to read that. More importantly you said

"no, your an a$$ by nature, but your not as smart as you think you are because you resort to petty insults to prove your point"

which makes you even worse than me because after saying that you turned right around and decided to talk ****. But I started this as a nice post and I'll finish it as one. Don't expect the courtesy again.

P.S.
I never said I thought I was smart. I said I was a smart *** and their is a very big difference. If you're going to insult someone understand what it is that they said before you do so otherwise you end up looking like a dumb ***. And personally I'd rather be a smart *** over a dumb *** any day.Now thank you and have a nice day http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

angelblade1029
09-02-2008, 12:27 AM
1. dude i just apologized to you in the other thread and made it clear that i will try to understand you better before arguing with you, so just forget what i said in this thread, i'm deleting the posts now

2. yeah i'm up to date on the manga and anime lol dont worry

3. i dont mean to start another dispute, but a smart *** is someone who tries to be smart in an *** hole kind of way, or at least thats what i've been raised to think, so correct me if i'm wrong

4. im serious, correct me if i'm wrong lol

heat_2008
09-02-2008, 12:37 AM
dude i just apologized to you in the other thread and made it clear that i will try to understand you better before arguing with you, so just forget what i said in this thread, i'm deleting the posts now

Yeah...uhm about that, see ur previous post first. You should've figured out something was wrong at the end. Cause it started of nice (I didn't read all the way thru I read a line and commented read and commented) then I got to the last part and I was a little confused, kinda threw me for a loop so I had to debate on saying what i was gonna say or not. Obviously we both know what happed. But uhm..I explained that in a different post. Just bad timing is all. You can;t tell me tho that looking from an outside perspective that it wasn't funny. I mean you probably don't...actually nvm I'm the type to laugh when I see somebody trip and you don't seem to be that way so that probably wouldn't be funny regardless hah...bad timing is a killer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Uhm from my understanding a smart *** is...yeah ur definition pretty much summed it up. But the problem there is I also happen to be an ******* by nature. People tell me this all the time, in person. So I no longer dispute it and accept it as a fact. I don't think its bad per say, its all about how you look at it. Either that or I'm use to it...I'm probably just use to it tho.

angelblade1029
09-02-2008, 12:40 AM
no lol i laughed, cause i'm thinking "you know, that heat is an alright fellow" but i'm reading "your a dumb ***" lol but w/e its behind us now

heat_2008
09-02-2008, 12:48 AM
See because I'm lazy I just edited my previous post. But while killing random naga's in SSC...as I looked at one of the warriors in the raid I had an epiphany. Soilder pills. They temporarily increase your combat abilities and anybody in Naruto can use them. Rather than giving everybody some lame *** rage mode give the ppl with powers their powers and give other useless people soilder pills. They aint gonna do it but at least its not spam http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

xNWHxWARxROCKx
09-02-2008, 07:05 AM
since in the demo kabuto has a rage mode they will probably give every1 a rage mode so might as well give certain characters rage mode transformations

angelblade1029
09-02-2008, 12:45 PM
@heat

yeah soldier pills make sense, but like you said, they prob wouldnt put it in

heat_2008
09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
@heat

yeah soldier pills make sense, but like you said, they prob wouldnt put it in

Somebody who played the demo of TBB said it has rage mode so that aspect will probably be similar to Roan. Honestly though most of my suggestions are geared towards their next game, and I'm pretty sure there will be another one. I just dunno if they're gonna make it in the same style as these or if they're gonna try something new.

angelblade1029
09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
i dont think they played the demo i think they just watched the vid

heat_2008
09-02-2008, 02:54 PM
i dont think they played the demo i think they just watched the vid

Thats possible too, but either way since TBB is kind of like Roan just vastly improved it sounds logical that they carried rage mode over.

jabjal
09-02-2008, 08:00 PM
i would just like to state to whoeva said naruto wouldnt make a good fighting game umm have u played ultimate ninja 3 and shippuuden narutimate accel. Those in most cases are well balanced i can beat a kimimaro with hanabi so yeah. Continue with your essay long debates i enjoy it

heat_2008
09-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by jabjal:
i would just like to state to whoeva said naruto wouldnt make a good fighting game umm have u played ultimate ninja 3 and shippuuden narutimate accel. Those in most cases are well balanced i can beat a kimimaro with hanabi so yeah. Continue with your essay long debates i enjoy it

That would be me and you misunderstood what I said. Naruto makes a crappy fighting game BUT you can make an excellent fighting game using the Naruto series.

If you're making a fighting game using the characters from Naruto but ignore they key story elements then yea you can make a decent fighter but it's not a true Naruto game. It's just a game with Naruto characters in it, and for some people thats all they need.

daquan3000
09-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by jabjal:
i would just like to state to whoeva said naruto wouldnt make a good fighting game umm have u played ultimate ninja 3 and shippuuden narutimate accel. Those in most cases are well balanced i can beat a kimimaro with hanabi so yeah. Continue with your essay long debates i enjoy it Dont forget konahamauru can beat gaara

bgfdfvx32
09-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by daquan3000:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jabjal:
i would just like to state to whoeva said naruto wouldnt make a good fighting game umm have u played ultimate ninja 3 and shippuuden narutimate accel. Those in most cases are well balanced i can beat a kimimaro with hanabi so yeah. Continue with your essay long debates i enjoy it Dont forget konahamauru can beat gaara </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's called balance.

GunmanOnKnoll
09-05-2008, 12:54 AM
...since TBB is kind of like Roan just vastly improved it sounds logical that they carried rage mode over.

Well I don't agree that TBB is a vastly improved version of ROAN and I think the game would be better without rage mode.

heat_2008
09-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by GunmanOnKnoll:
...since TBB is kind of like Roan just vastly improved it sounds logical that they carried rage mode over.

Well I don't agree that TBB is a vastly improved version of ROAN and I think the game would be better without rage mode. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh, the story mode is supposedly far better than Roan, and if you read any of my posts you would know I don't like rage mode or the way combat is period.

heat_2008
09-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by bgfdfvx32:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daquan3000:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jabjal:
i would just like to state to whoeva said naruto wouldnt make a good fighting game umm have u played ultimate ninja 3 and shippuuden narutimate accel. Those in most cases are well balanced i can beat a kimimaro with hanabi so yeah. Continue with your essay long debates i enjoy it Dont forget konahamauru can beat gaara </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's called balance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's called BS, balance is just the nice way of saying it.

And Gunman you really shouldn't jump in other peoples conversation without prier knowledge of what was being said.

A. The story mode is greatly improved over Roan.
B. The combat has been upgraded...or w/e they call what they did to it.
C. I don't like rage mode.
D. I don't even like the fact that this is a fighting game.

GunmanOnKnoll
09-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Sorry. Anyway I stand by my comment. I was just pointing out that I don't think TBB will be 'vastly' improved, sure it will be an improvement but not a vast one.

And your idea that since the game is an improvement then Rage mode would be in I didn't agree with as improvement and keeping rage mode for me is a juxtaposition.

heat_2008
09-05-2008, 01:32 AM
You misunderstand, seems to be going around a lot these days. The only thing I feel is a vast improvement is the story mode. The rest is still the same ol ****. Same combat, you can just switch characters mid battle.., same fighting, same lame *** rage mode, and same VS. But since the only thing I care about is the story mode, those other things don't matter to me...except the combat since thats part into the story mode.

naruto_namikaze
09-05-2008, 06:48 AM
why does everyone hates the rage mode yes i know it was lame but look at nuns they gave everybody awakening mode which is the rage and it does the same thing

heat_2008
09-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by naruto_namikaze:
why does everyone hates the rage mode yes i know it was lame but look at nuns they gave everybody awakening mode which is the rage and it does the same thing

Well NUNS is also full of **** when it comes to that aspect of the game too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif There should be no rage mode, most of the characters in the series don't have any skills anywhere near the lines of a "rage" mode.

Liquid_KO_YEAH
09-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Rage mode should only be allowed to be actived when both opponents have low health.

I hate having full health, and the guy has no health and goes into rage. That's just wasting time.

GunmanOnKnoll
09-05-2008, 05:58 PM
You misunderstand, seems to be going around a lot these days. The only thing I feel is a vast improvement is the story mode.

Well maybe you should have said that the story mode was a vast improvement rather than TBB is a vast improvement.

Anyway the point of my original post in this thread was to say I don't like Rage mode. I now know that you don't either, so good, lets end it there.

KristKP
09-05-2008, 06:23 PM
In Ultimate Ninja Storm, Awakening Mode doesn't make you invincible, it's just a transformation.

I'd be fine with rage mode if it didn't make you invincible and actually changed the character model.

mike5266814
09-05-2008, 09:15 PM
In Ultimate Ninja Storm, Awakening Mode doesn't make you invincible, it's just a transformation.

I'd be fine with rage mode if it didn't make you invincible and actually changed the character model.

if you think about it in the show when someone transfrom they can only stay that way for a short amount of time so if there is a rage mode it isn't far off the mark all they have to do is make the characters models differnt and make it so you can transfrom any time and maybe give them new justsus during the that time you transfrom, if they at least do that i would be happy

noobsaibotz
09-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by mike5266814:

if you think about it in the show when someone transfrom they can only stay that way for a short amount of time so if there is a rage mode it isn't far off the mark all they have to do is make the characters models differnt and make it so you can transfrom any time and maybe give them new justsus during the that time you transfrom, if they at least do that i would be happy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeahhhh!!! That would be nice. Rage mode (not invincible) as a true transformation and rearranged attacks would be nice. The funny thing about that is you might have more arguments involving hacking another gaming companies' idea. And I quote again, might! Arguments like that is kind of stupid anyways, because there were many games in the past that used similar ideas except executed in different variations.