PDA

View Full Version : DLC Possibilities

Mr Cataluchi
06-09-2011, 12:00 PM
I was one of the 10 people who actually bought the Fortune's Pack for Far Cry 2, and I'm still bitter I've never played a single multiplayer game on any of the 4 new maps because nobody else has them.

That aside, I'm wondering what the possibilities for DLC will be with the upcoming game. Here are a few ideas I have just floating around in my head. I'm not whole-heartedly serious about some of these, but it would be fun to hear some good (or insane) suggestions:

1) A whole new story mode you can download where you play as Jack Carver with his animal instincts. You'd essentially play the exact same game (maybe some tweeks), but with a whole new character with special abilities. That way, you'd keep the realism separate from the sci-fi -- and both Far Cry fan bases would be happy.

2) Play the entire game fighting against real pirates -- circa 1700s. (Not the drug carteling kind.) I'd love to take a flame thrower to Captain Morgan, or blow up Blackbeard with a grenade. (Hey, if games make Zombie Modes then why not a Pirate Mode?)

3) Additional map-making content for all of the map builders out there. Maybe bring back objects from the previous Far Cry games?

P.S. I considered posting this in "Far Cry 3 Suggestions," but I thought the topic should be separate -- since it focuses on DLC and some of the ideas are more whimsical than serious.

Arroz2003
12-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Something like red deads undead nightmare except maybe with vampires. Perfect setting and everyone loves staking vampires !

travlsr
12-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Whole new mini-story mode with a new character?

Explanation of what really happened to Vaas?

"Lost Expeditions/Testing Unit" missions expanded on (I thought they were awesome..)

SP/MP/COOP weapon pack?

I'd like all of those...what we don't need, are MP maps. Seriously...

GuardianJosh
12-13-2012, 11:54 PM
That Testing Unit mission was crap. A waste of time. All you do is gather money and kill dogs. BORING. Waste of Uplay points. I could have used those points on AC3 or Splinter Cell when it comes out.