PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

Redbanana27
11-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Okay... Revelations is out tomorrow (should of got it today) but hay it was not meant to be.

So its a fresh piece of canvas, a new void to venture. A new start on me as a player.

The game will be very different with RDM however I am FOR the RDM, there are both sides to the argument, i just believe the RDM will benefit the game.

So now the big SHOULD I?

Should I use smoke bombs...

Everyone is thinking... WELL YES! They are key to doing good in a game.

But in my mind it's more of a, look at me i can win he game one handed because i only need to hit three buttons. My smoke, my kill button, my stun button. YAWN.

I have been STRONGELY apposed to smoke bombs simce i realised how much of a nuisance they are, i mean you can do everythimg with them, and for an ability that is not a 90 second cooldown.

Come on guys... Seriously?

So i practice without them, i get granted on having very high scoring games with some of the best players out there. Like today i played with No.2 on the all-time score, played him 5 times, beat him twice... I did not use smoke bombs or poison in the FFA we played (which was 1-1)

So, should i change to smoke bombs?

Throwing knives and smoke bombs, could work, firecrackers smoke bombs, could work also.

HOWEVER, then the trip wire came along.

Tick list.

Stuns like a smoke bomb: CHECK
Throen like a smoke bomb: CHECK
Not overpowered: CHECK!

BINGO

I have NEVER been one for exploiting a game ever ever ever. If i feel like what i am doing is in what i would call 'nooby' hen i wont do it.

Im perfecy fine without smoke bombs... Today i thought... You know what, Brotherhood needs an ending to the multiplayer.

So i thought, what would be a good idea ro finish it.

An untouchable game, come first by a fair bit, dont use Smoke Bombs, or Poison.( And FFA to make it a bit challenging )

Yep i did it, but tue weird thimg was, i did the above list about five minutes into the game, it was not intentional, it was natural.

But would smoke bbs ruin me as a player, or make me better. Or should i use the trip wires and perfect them (i have plans for them) to give myself tue edge... Without feeling like i am exploiting tue game dramatically?

Should I?

ARIANit_
11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/9thh02.jpg

Only you can make the choice. Just note: Smokebomb will probably be used a lot in ACR, because it can protect and aid you. It'll push up your RDM and allow focuses, too (same ol' with Brotherhood).

Crumplecorn
11-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Redbanana27:
I have NEVER been one for exploiting a game ever ever ever. If i feel like what i am doing is in what i would call 'nooby' hen i wont do it. Enjoy never being the best you can be.

Also, 'exploit' has a very specific meaning in VG contexts, use it correctly.

Redbanana27
11-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Redbanana27:
I have NEVER been one for exploiting a game ever ever ever. If i feel like what i am doing is in what i would call 'nooby' hen i wont do it. Enjoy never being the best you can be.

Also, 'exploit' has a very specific meaning in VG contexts, use it correctly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my eyes smoke bombs exploited pretty much every flaw of he game if you did not use them... Making them almost essential to use.

Crumplecorn
11-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Redbanana27:
In my eyes smoke bombs exploited pretty much every flaw of he game if you did not use them... Making them almost essential to use. See an optician.

obliviondoll
11-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Since the pre-3.0 patch, Smoke Bomb and Charge are both horribly exploitable due to the lag issues present in ACB.

That doesn't necessarily mean either ability is an exploit, or that using either ability correctly requires you to be using an exploit. It just means those abilities make exploits easier.

And for the record, Morph/Poison has always been one of my go-to builds in ACB. And in ACR, Knives have been buffed enough that I'll expect them to feel like an exploit at least as much as Smoke does. There are a LOT of new tricks in ACR. It's WAY too early to call Smoke an exploit there.

E-Zekiel
11-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Though I still used them in beta and plan to still use them on live, I can tell you that smoke bombs are not nearly as "necessary" as they may have been in AC:B.

Still useful? Yes. But there are mechanical changes that make it so they are not as necessary for defense. It's easy enough to defend without them.

In terms of offense...meh, nothing to say there. In AC:B I saw offensive smoking as ******y and uncool. In AC:R I don't have any objections to it, though I think it's a generally stupid thing to do because it's very easy to counter this time around.

Redbanana27
11-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Since the pre-3.0 patch, Smoke Bomb and Charge are both horribly exploitable due to the lag issues present in ACB.

That doesn't necessarily mean either ability is an exploit, or that using either ability correctly requires you to be using an exploit. It just means those abilities make exploits easier.

And for the record, Morph/Poison has always been one of my go-to builds in ACB. And in ACR, Knives have been buffed enough that I'll expect them to feel like an exploit at least as much as Smoke does. There are a LOT of new tricks in ACR. It's WAY too early to call Smoke an exploit there.

Well i used knives in Brotherhood... And i am VERY VERY glad to see them get huffed to become the beast of all abilities, except it still cant counter smoke bomb >http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif