PDA

View Full Version : Trailers ate my lunch money

zeeEVIL1
03-13-2008, 09:44 AM
There are way to many cool movies coming out this summer.
For the life of me i do not know how i will find the time to see everything, but i will.

First, we have a new trailer for SPEED RACER (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/speedracer.html?showVideo=1) From the brothers(?) Wachowski. I don't know about any of you, but this looks like a total eyeball melter.

Then we have the first trailer from The Incredible Hulk (http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1583143&vid=215625) With Ed Norton as Bruce Banner and Tim Roth as the Abomination. This movie looks EPIC. Cannot wait!

This is just two trailers. Lets not forget Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Hellboy and the Golden Army, The Punisher and a whole lot more. and that is before the end of July!

Anyway, enjoy. I will post some more sweet trailers here as they come available.
Or you can.

Oh yeah, be sure to check out the trailer for the Sequel to The Lost Boys. It comes on right after the Hulk. I would drop some coin on the Coreys also.

zeeEVIL1
03-13-2008, 09:44 AM
There are way to many cool movies coming out this summer.
For the life of me i do not know how i will find the time to see everything, but i will.

First, we have a new trailer for SPEED RACER (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/speedracer.html?showVideo=1) From the brothers(?) Wachowski. I don't know about any of you, but this looks like a total eyeball melter.

Then we have the first trailer from The Incredible Hulk (http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1583143&vid=215625) With Ed Norton as Bruce Banner and Tim Roth as the Abomination. This movie looks EPIC. Cannot wait!

This is just two trailers. Lets not forget Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Hellboy and the Golden Army, The Punisher and a whole lot more. and that is before the end of July!

Anyway, enjoy. I will post some more sweet trailers here as they come available.
Or you can.

Oh yeah, be sure to check out the trailer for the Sequel to The Lost Boys. It comes on right after the Hulk. I would drop some coin on the Coreys also.

Ninja_Raiden
03-13-2008, 12:38 PM
I need my eyeballs so I won't be watching Speed Racer

Why no Eric Bana as, erm, Banner? I kind of liked the first film...

And a sequel to The Lost Boys? I dunno about that one but it gives me the chance to reference a song! Whatever happened to Corey Haim? Check out The Thrills, some of you might like them

the_Brayn
03-13-2008, 02:45 PM
As much as I want the Speed Racer movie to be good, I'm preparing for it to suck royally. I'll probably wait until these are out on DVD to watch them in my home theater (why pay the prices for the theater?).

zeeEVIL1
03-14-2008, 08:14 AM
I think the Hulk looks straight up Comic book. It should be insane. From what i have read, there is going to be a super destructive 26 minute fight scene in it.
Speed Racer looks like it would be straight up goofy fun. I doubt the Wachowski's would fail at making it good.

No matter what, it is going to be a good summer for movies.

XBLirael
03-14-2008, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zeeEVIL1:
I think the Hulk looks straight up Comic book. It should be insane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Captain JeB
03-14-2008, 03:19 PM
hahaa I didn't know that The Incredible Hulk was filmed in Toronto till the big fight scence near the end of the Trailer when I noticed Zanzibar's sign....Its a rippers club.

ERRRskate151
03-14-2008, 04:15 PM
The First Hulk movie annoyed the hell out of me. This one looks better thankfully. I have zero interest in seeing speed racer.

dropK1CK_ninJA
03-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Now, maybe it's my memory, but Speed Racer never took place in a futuristic type of setting, right?

The Incredible Hulk looks amazing. Much better. I think the first movie missed a big bad enemy. Fighting the military just seemed to keep the movie in neutral and never moved forward.

The Dark Knight will be orgasmic.

I'd like to see Hancock, and a number of other movies too.

Allanon
03-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Awww... I saw this topic and thought you were talking about the card game... oh well.

mastachief-118
03-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Hulk with Ed Norton &lt;3

Batman needs to come out now!

Speed Racer.... well I won't see it.

Hellboy, first one was so bad I was shocked to see a 2nd.

Iron Man looks pretty awesome and they picked a person to play him.

As for The Punisher I hear it won't be Tom Jane so I'm very worried about this one. Even though I want it to be good.

Ghengis_John
03-16-2008, 02:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mastachief-118:
Iron Man looks pretty awesome and they picked a person to play him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too was overjoyed they picked a person... As opposed to a robot?

mastachief-118
03-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Lol I meant the right person, I was tired when I posted that. :P

dropK1CK_ninJA
03-17-2008, 06:35 AM
We won't know if he's right until we see the entire movie...

emp_wordsmith
03-17-2008, 08:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ninja_Raiden:
Why no Eric Bana as, erm, Banner? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Judging from the remake angle they're taking on this film, i'd venture a guess that they avoided Bana less for his acting chops and more to diminish any connections to the previous (terrible) film. But if you want Bana, go see The Other Boleyn Girl: his performance is spot-on.

zeeEVIL1
03-17-2008, 08:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emp_wordsmith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ninja_Raiden:

Judging from the remake angle they're taking on this film, i'd venture a guess that they avoided Bana less for his acting chops and more to diminish any connections to the previous (terrible) film. But if you want Bana, go see The Other Boleyn Girl: his performance is spot-on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The original wasn't terrible, it was just sloooww and set up more like a Greek tragedy. At least they got the Hulk right in movement and destructive quality's They also had no villain of note, except for Nick Nolte's beard.

XBLirael
03-17-2008, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zeeEVIL1:
They also had no villain of note, except for Nick Nolte's beard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>zee is my favorite

emp_wordsmith
03-17-2008, 07:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emp_wordsmith:

Judging from the remake angle they're taking on this film, i'd venture a guess that they avoided Bana less for his acting chops and more to diminish any connections to the previous (terrible) film. But if you want Bana, go see The Other Boleyn Girl: his performance is spot-on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The original wasn't terrible, it was just sloooww and set up more like a Greek tragedy. At least they got the Hulk right in movement and destructive quality's They also had no villain of note, except for Nick Nolte's beard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose my evaluation of these Marvel films is my ability to enjoy them despite having no prior experience with the franchise (i.e. having not read the comics). In the case of the Hulk movie, i simply wasn't intrigued, whereas (for example) The Punisher seemed well-done. Daredevil was also, to me, a bit more enjoyable.

But then, as has been pointed out, the Hulk probably ought to have someone to rumble with, which he didn't. Ultimately it was a somewhat annoying romance. Either way, my hopes are high for the new one.

l337pino
03-18-2008, 12:29 AM
I am so stoked for Iron Man. It opens right at the end of the Spring semester, so I'll be in the first line right after my last exam. What a way to start the summer.

Oh, and I think people almost need to go see Dark Knight at least to pay homage to Heath Ledger in what looks like an amazing portrayal of the Joker.

zeeEVIL1
03-19-2008, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XBLirael:
They also had no villain of note, except for Nick Nolte's beard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>zee is my favorite </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif's all aflutter. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

The Punisher that is coming out is directed by a woman named Lexi Alexander who did The green Street Hooligans. That movie got solid reviews and it made Frodo into a badass.
She is a competetive Martial Artist and she is following closely to the Marvel MAX series that is written by Garth Ennis. If they are following that, then expect this movie to be very violent and hardcore. And Bloody. (Something that made zero appearance in the Tom Jane Movie.) I did like that one. This one is also supposed to be a Hard "R" rating.
The guy playing the Punisher was one of the main stars of the HBO series ROME.

Hellboy was enjoyable and very close to how the character is in the comics. This one brings in more of the supporting cast and gets rid of Agent Myers (meaning less of an M.I.B vibe.

They gear these films to audiences that are much wider than the comic fans, so you have to accept some of the changes. As long as they stick to the core mechanics, they will be good.