PDA

View Full Version : New SvM bug (for me at least)

Frelli.
01-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Today when I had some games with a friend something strange happned. I was merc. My equip started to roll and roll. Frag->mine->backpack-mask->->mine->backpack-mask round and round. My shots where bugged as well. Like every 10th shot did damage.

I cound't make a screenshot os this coz that ain't anything special in photos http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif. But I was going to record it in fraps, but when I started fraps, my sc crashed :S.

element54
01-02-2006, 04:06 PM
that happened to me once as a spy, all my equipment kept scrolling but and whenever i pulled my gun out it shot somthing.

the a-holes i was playing with wouldn't go back to lobby thou. kept saying i sucked and that was why i wanted to stop playing.

pfft, me suck. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

HeyBlinkin.
01-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Frelli.:
Today when I had some games with a friend something strange happned. I was merc. My equip started to roll and roll. Frag->mine->backpack-mask->->mine->backpack-mask round and round. My shots where bugged as well. Like every 10th shot did damage.

I cound't make a screenshot os this coz that ain't anything special in photos http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif. But I was going to record it in fraps, but when I started fraps, my sc crashed :S.

You are lucky, it happens to me quite often.

m4_007
01-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Indeed .. Then you have to time it with the Nade to frag yourself out ..

psyichic
01-02-2006, 05:44 PM
never seen that before. Oh but ive found a way to replicate a freaky grab glitch. I happened a time when i was VS Mr.Mic and Havoc and I went to grab someone and while my spy was walking up to the merc for the grab during the animation the other merc walked between me and my target and instead he got grabbed. So after I broke his neck the other guy was glitched where he was in a normal standing position but his back ALWAYS faced me. I couldn't grab him so he was half stuck in the animation and it was impossible to shock or do anything. Sadly I did not frap that.

IonG.O.D.
01-02-2006, 06:09 PM
A famous Qutoe "Timing is EVERYTHING" lol

MR.Mic
01-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by psyichic:
never seen that before. Oh but ive found a way to replicate a freaky grab glitch. I happened a time when i was VS Mr.Mic and Havoc and I went to grab someone and while my spy was walking up to the merc for the grab during the animation the other merc walked between me and my target and instead he got grabbed. So after I broke his neck the other guy was glitched where he was in a normal standing position but his back ALWAYS faced me. I couldn't grab him so he was half stuck in the animation and it was impossible to shock or do anything. Sadly I did not frap that.

Yeah, that was funny. You grabbed havoc, and I stepped in the way, and got grabbed instead.

psyichic
01-03-2006, 11:03 AM
When that happened and I broke your neck I though "hmmm why didnt the other guy notice at all?" hehehe little did I know it was a glitch. Another time me and havoc where cooping in main hall and got hit by a nade and both died but havoc was stuck in the midair flying death animation. Alot of animation glitches it seems.

goodkebab_00
01-04-2006, 03:05 AM
my impression is that these are not actually bugs...but things that happen in online play when there is a burp in the internet or whatever.

The most ridiculous of course, is throwing a quick nad when u respawn.

eg: missile strike: sector 1 was cleared...but mercs could not go to disk because the door would not open. solution was suicide

eg: station: same story...sector 1 cleared and main door on ground level to sector 2 would not open. Mercs had to go through top or sub level.

several times i have experienced not being able to pick up disk from the hardrive...or be able to pick up disk when my spy partner dies.

these are the more subtle forms of lag. the more obvious of course is standing on a mercs head and he doesnt fall, or what should have been a neck grab is just a stupid punch to the back of his head.

Raz0rx_
01-04-2006, 04:39 AM
Yeah, i've had that scrolling eqip bug 2 or 3 times too... also seen a spy freeze in mid air during nade-death-animation, and he couldn't respawn, he was just stuck there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif