PDA

View Full Version : LAN Question for PC

guidogast16
04-26-2010, 03:43 PM
hello,

I have a question... Is it possible to install SCC on 2 seperate computers inside a LAN-Network with ONE DVD/Serial.

Or is there another way of using 1 DVD/serial and use it (in my own house) on more compters for LAN?

Thanks!

Guido

mawirag
04-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't think so. Both computers have separate IP addresses and the DRM will only permit 1 serial per IP. So I doubt the game would even start on the 2nd computer. But hey give it a shot. Maybe I'm wrong.

Blument
04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Actually, I think it is 1 key per Account, not IP. Because you can use your account from different PCs, but you can't do it at the same time of course.

Anyway, I don't think you'll be able to use the same account at the same time on 2 computers, regardless of the IP. So it's the same.

Jason-Alaska
04-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I highly doubt it. If you're gunna play two copies you should own two copies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Because it uses DRM AND it's linked to a single Ubi Account and as said earlier you can only be logged in on one machine with one account it will not likely work.

I'd love it if they released a demo that allowed people to test the game over LAN. It would onlt sell more copies.

mawirag
04-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Blument:
Actually, I think it is 1 key per Account, not IP. Because you can use your account from different PCs, but you can't do it at the same time of course.

Anyway, I don't think you'll be able to use the same account at the same time on 2 computers, regardless of the IP. So it's the same.

Thats actually what I meant. You just explained it better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm assuming the only way UBI can check how many people are using an account is by checking IPs

sam2000_290
04-26-2010, 10:00 PM
This is not good, was going to play with my brother. I might do lan when the game is cracked....So the DRM makes you load into ur profile? Not good....oh well...

Jason-Alaska
04-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Sam2000-290, Just a caution about posting intent to crack the game. Not acceptable in the forums.

DRM isn't the only stop gap to keep people from playing a single copy on 2 computers. There is also the serial number and Uplay. You won't have any of your unlocks.

GHkstra
05-04-2010, 07:16 AM
I can't play the game with two seperate accounts on one PC?
So me and my brother can't have seperate savegames? If we both want to play it we need another copy?
Please let me know before I activate the game.

TheStranger.
05-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Nope ONE COPY = ONE PROFILE. If you and your brother want to play the game without having to use each others profile and unlocks and uplay points you have to ask mom to fork out another $60 or go out and start mowing some lawns. That is pretty ignorant of the game producers if you ask me. People complained that Microsoft were being cheap and dirty by not allowing you to install Vista and Win7 on multiple machines without having to buy a new licence but even Windows lets you create multiple profiles on the same computer so that multiple users can have access to it.

GHkstra
05-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Thanks for your reply.
What's the problem of two people playing one game?
They really don't give a **** about gamers anymore. They only want to make more money. ****ing losers.

yoad11
08-22-2010, 10:11 AM
hi' i saw this discussian, and i thoght that i have the same problem.
me and my brother want to play toghter on lan and we cant, we already have 1 copy of the game.

so,if we cant play using one copy can i buy a cd key from ubisoft? please, i dont want to buy a cd key from an unfimiliar place...
any ideas?
thank u very much

Agent.Ruse
08-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by GHkstra:

They really don't give a **** about gamers anymore. They only want to make more money. ****ing losers.

They are tired of "losers" taking food off of their table.

KenTWOu
08-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by TheStranger.:
...but even Windows lets you create multiple profiles on the same computer so that multiple users can have access to it.
What's your point? Even if Conviction lets you create two different profiles on the same computer it can't let you to play the game through LAN with one cd-key.

The same thing with Windows. If you have 2 computers, you need 2 legal copies of Windows. And you need 2 legal copies of Conviction too.

The problem is that PC version of Conviction doesn't have split screen mode for two players.

TheStranger.
08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by KenTWOu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheStranger.:
...but even Windows lets you create multiple profiles on the same computer so that multiple users can have access to it.
What's your point? Even if Conviction lets you create two different profiles on the same computer it can't let you to play the game through LAN with one cd-key.

The same thing with Windows. If you have 2 computers, you need 2 legal copies of Windows. And you need 2 legal copies of Conviction too.

The problem is that PC version of Conviction doesn't have split screen mode for two players.

Sorry if my English is not perfect! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think your understanding of written English isn't too good either as you seemed to have misunderstood my comment.

KenTWOu
11-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I think your understanding of written English isn't too good either as you seemed to have misunderstood my comment.
No, it's not. I was inattentive. And my windows analogy wasn't right. Now I see your point. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You talked about two profiles for you and your brother with one cd/dvd-key.

Nope ONE COPY = ONE PROFILE. If you and your brother want to play the game without having to use each others profile and unlocks and uplay points you have to ask mom to fork out another $60 or go out and start mowing some lawns. That is pretty ignorant of the game producers if you ask me.
This isn't producers' mistake. It's DRM issue.