PDA

View Full Version : Flying Machine!!

pugnale-assass
08-13-2011, 08:20 AM
There are so many glitches in this game it really does make it frustrating. But the flying machine just beats them all. It doesn't matter what I do it crashes as there seems to be no way of leveling the flight of the dam thing!! I have spent bloody hours trying to fly it and it really has become dam annoying. The controls on the 360 controler (I am working with a PC Win7 64bit) doesn't interact very well. Why didn't the creators of this game make it more simpler, I don't want a flying lesson (in fact I passed my solo gliding years ago but not forgotten)! Does anyone know how to work it without it diving. If I bring it up it stalls and dives, there seems to be no way of working it. I believe you obtain the parachute later when all is complete (so I believe, just guessing). Why make it so difficult to work. I see others have it working on youtube etc, so why is my controller awful to work with!

pugnale-assass
08-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Okay I have just to say one thing to the developers - this is crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have done this so many times I have now. As far as I can see it should be simple to operate by the left joystick, them with the right RT you fire below. I tried all combinations of the 360 controller and nothing works except the only guidance is the is that left JS! What else is there? Unless I am doing something very wrong. I have adjusted the x-y to only 2 and taken off the invert on the flying machine. I suppose I could try and reduce the x-y but I doubt it will do any good!

Dralight
08-13-2011, 09:31 AM
You need to shoot at the ground with the bomb launcher (or whatever it is) to create patches of fire on the ground which you then fly over to elevate yourself higher into the air (press the high profile button to shoot). Also try not to force yourself to fly up too high as like you said it slows you and start falling. Just allow the fires to keep you in the air at a decent height.

Edit: Are you sure theres nothing wrong with your controller? I play on Xbox 360 and didn't have too much trouble actually navigating and aiming where to shoot, i found that using the right thumbstick to pan the camera seemed to help me a bit with the shooting too.

Ureh
08-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure if you were aware of these mechanics or if they've already been mentioned but:

1. If you need to prolong your flight just a little bit try diving just a tiny bit then lifting back. Then repeat those two steps. This'll gain you a few seconds. It worked even better in AC2. Just imagine yourself as a bird trying to get some lift under its wings.

2. Destroyed watchtowers (the one with arbalests) can be used as permanent sources of fire (they'll remain burning unlike the proxyfires you shoot out). Also burning and/or destroyed factories provide permanent fires. It's a good idea for most players to focus on destroying the watchtowers first (and stay away from the castle -it's swarming with arbalests).

pugnale-assass
08-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for your wonderful support. I have tried all what you have mentioned and it really was very, very hard work, I have done it, but I think the developers could have made it more simpler. Nothing worked it was like wearing boxing gloves and couldn't chase anything. It was only luck and reaching certain points I got there. And perseverance! It really is bad design on the developers part and they need to patch it. Thanks again friends

Dralight
08-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by pugnale-assass:
Thanks for your wonderful support. I have tried all what you have mentioned and it really was very, very hard work, I have done it, but I think the developers could have made it more simpler. Nothing worked it was like wearing boxing gloves and couldn't chase anything. It was only luck and reaching certain points I got there. And perseverance! It really is bad design on the developers part and they need to patch it. Thanks again friends

Anytime http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Glad to have helped.

Kytr
08-13-2011, 01:32 PM
One point to remember -- crashing doesn't count as being shot -- it just resets you to the last checkpoint (launch, wagons or horseman). It does mean that you may have to take out the towers again, but it is better than having to start over from scratch.

Ureh
08-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Kytr:
One point to remember -- crashing doesn't count as being shot -- it just resets you to the last checkpoint (launch, wagons or horseman). It does mean that you may have to take out the towers again, but it is better than having to start over from scratch.

By far the most helpful tip in this thread! I totally forgot about this one. Even if inexperienced players have difficulty implementing other strategies this is one they should always follow if they're after 100% sync. Thank you.

Kytr
08-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Of course, if you have already been shot, it won't reset to allow you to finish, but it does mean that a desynchronization will not cost you the 100%. But this is still useful because it is easy to fail the wagon section and killing the horseman is hard to manage in any case.