PDA

View Full Version : consistant crash on mission 2

Red_Robot
09-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi. I bought and installed Settlers6 last night, and on mission 2 I got a CTD when trying to place a soap maker. I tried again, and again I crashed when placing a soap maker. I then gave up for the night.

I played again today, after the 1.1 patch, and this time I placed a soap maker and the game did not crash, however a few minutes later I placed a clothing maker and the same crash happened.

Anyone else having this problem?

Red_Robot
09-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Ok, just had the crash again in skirmish mode, building a soap maker. This time, it blue screened and rebooted my PC.

Is this the right place to post this stuff? Or is there a tech support forum?

t0mpaw
09-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Got the exact same issue. Afaik it's due to either the game itself or your graphics card drivers.

My current recommendation is to forget about building soap makers until either blue byte or nvidia fixes the issue. I personally started building broom makers one at a time, upgrade them fully and save before building each. Got me up to lvl 6 thus far http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Good luck and hope this helps a bit.

Red_Robot
09-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Cool, I guess I'll just avoid them for now. Glad to see I'm not alone. Thanks for the reply and the advice!

Red_Robot
09-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, I avoided it and just built a broom shop, but then the game crashed shortly after that when placing a woodcutters shack. arrgh. I've played level 2 about a dozen times now.

If it helps at all to anybody, this is my machine:

Intel C2D 6700
4GB Patriot Performance DDR2 800 RAM
BFG 8800 GTX OC2
Vista 32bit

pad11
09-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Gents...I'm having the same problem in Mission 2 but it's not related to placing buildings...I'm getting the same crash but at RANDOM times during Mission 2...1.1 patched, 7800 GTX card w/256...basically my system is WELL OVER the minimums...

This is not good!!

pat!

lymmanne
09-29-2007, 07:44 AM
I'm getting a crash of sorts on Mission 2 as well. When I try to place a woodcutter's hut in an area I have taken over, all the boxes go white and the minimap disappears. I got the latest drivers for my NVIDIA FX5200 and I have a Pentium 4 2gig, with 512mg RAM. Is there anything else I can do. I've also got a problem with slowdown and stuttering and have reduced the resolution to 800x600 but it makes little difference. I have loved all the other settler games but I'm really getting quite frustrated with this one.

Anne

lymmanne
09-29-2007, 04:58 PM
For some strange reason the game is behaving tonight, except at the end (I think) of mission 2- Alandra is stuck by the last signal fire and I can't get her to move - should this be happening. I'm supposed to go and buy some salt at the harbour.....

Anne