PDA

View Full Version : this is dumb or just lag

grickell
11-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Whenever i see someone that is trying to kill me i spam the B button to try and stun but nothing happens.

FrickinStoked
11-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by grickell:
Whenever i see someone that is trying to kill me i spam the B button to try and stun but nothing happens.

The point of the stun isn't "oh I see this person running at me to kill me. let me stun them." Its "oh, look, there's the person persuing me. Let me sneak up on them and stun them." It makes this clear on one of the loading screens when it says that the stun is meant to be used as a surprise tactic.

grickell
11-17-2010, 08:49 PM
oh i see my apologies. i misread. it's hard to use that then if you follow your pursuer he's gonna know you're following him. haha

obliviondoll
11-17-2010, 08:50 PM
This is going to keep happening just like it did in the beta forums, isn't it?

Maybe they should make one of these a sticky.

STUN IS NOT A COUNTER.

If your pursuer knows who you are, and you see them soon enough to do so, DON'T STUN THEM, RUN AWAY.

When they lose track of you, preferably aiming for someone else, THEN IT'S TIME TO STUN.

FrickinStoked
11-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by grickell:
oh i see my apologies. i misread. it's hard to use that then if you follow your pursuer he's gonna know you're following him. haha

No need to apologize. I thought the same thing until I read that tip.

assassin087
11-17-2010, 08:53 PM
how do you expect to stun someone by spamming he b button.

Eavath
11-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Yes, stunning someone that has seen you from the front is damn near impossible. Though, if you watch the assassination animation closely, you'll see that your character does attempt to stun, but it gets blocked.

DoomKnight10
11-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Lol, in a game of manhunt one time, saw my pursuer. Guy on my team came up and stunned the person, I went over, waited till I had the option, and stunned them right after the first wore off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif It works fine, you just need
A~ Good timing
B~ They cant be attacking you when you do it.

TheXenon
11-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Not sure about xbox but on PS3 in the news section it clearly says that the stun isn't supposed to be used as an effective counter. In other words, sneak up the guy persueing you and stun the **** out of him before he see's you and slits your throat. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif