PDA

View Full Version : Driver 5 not on the Xbox 360?

Mellizano
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
This has been my all time favorite franchise. And from what it looks not its only on the PS3? Why is that? I dont have a PS3 and I am not planning to get one. I have a 360. Why is it not going to be on the 360? If it turns up not being on it im never buying a product from Ubisoft ever again. . .

Driverman2006
11-20-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm on the same boat with you man. They BETTER make an XBOX 360 version. I have it too, and it's so much better than the PS3. Plus, Ubisoft-Reflections recently said that they are going to work on a Driver game for the PS3 and XBOX 360. I hope that's still true.

lb003g0676
11-20-2007, 03:22 PM
PS3 technically is better, and it's stupid to argue otherwise becuase it's a more recent console.

With that in mind, by the time this game is being released, I imagine the 360 will be getting stunted to developers. With PS3's extra capabilites it's the obvious choice, especially for a game with free roaming possiblities.

Don't even start to call me a PS3 fanboy, becuase I will recognise the capabilites of the 360 as much as the next guy, but it's just an older, less future proofed console. Right now, it's a beauitful and amazing console undeniably.

Mellizano
11-20-2007, 08:46 PM
The only reason PS3 is "Newer" is cause they delayed thier release to fix thier problems. Im not being one sided here either but the 360 is capable of doing everything the PS3 can. Only thing different for PS3 is BluRay which dont mean anything. . .

lb003g0676
11-21-2007, 03:23 PM
It was scheduled to release later than the 360 all along.

And to say firstly Bluray is the only thing that separates the consoles, and secondly that Blu-Ray doesn't make a difference shows you own a 360 and don't want to admit it's faults, or you are a fanboy, but that term is overused.

PS3 cpu is undeniably more powerful, undeniably Bluray has at least 4 times more space than a DVD.

360 definitely has a better gpu. But Uncharted is without a doubt the best looking console game I have seen this year. In fact PS3 has had most of the graphical powerhouses. I don't know how that works because 360 gpu is FAR better.

Driverman2006
11-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by lb003g0676:
Abck is word, if you type too fast http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Customisation actually I was a bit harsh on, but I hate over the top aesthetic cutosmisation. I hope we get in-depth performance customisation, that would be awesome. And then some aesthetic customisation.

I will say aswell i was wrong about the GTA clone thing. But they are tryign too hard to be like GTA. Developers shoudl stop tryign to be so careful. They should be innovative and thick about an objective gameplay innovation. Surely it being called driver, it should be driving.

The on foot can be extremely clumsy visceral running (slow and vulnerable) and shooting with Gear of War/ Kill.Switch style cover system. So that the car can be used as cover.

But shooting should be mainly from the car- much cooler.
I think this should go into the thread "Things you're sick of in Driver games".

DarkCaslteFan
11-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Well, I personally would rather it be a PS3 exclusive, not to piss off fanboys, but exclusives almost always have better quality then multiplatform games.

That being said, I am almost positive that it is going to come out on the Xbox 360. There's no reason it wouldn't at this point. The last 2 Driver games have been multiplatform, and the developers have hinted at multiplatformivity.

It *could* be exclusive if sony strikes a deal, or if the developers decide to take advantage of the built in Harddrive, and the space on a Blu-ray.

As for now, it was only announced for PS3. And Reflections was hiring for an action game for both PS3 and 360. So make up your mind off that info.

Driverman2006
11-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Now Driver-Dimension is saying that it will come out on PS3, XBOX 360, and PC. That's the way it should be. Because D:PL came out on the PS2, XBOX, and PC. Now, since we're in a new generation of gaming, the next Driver game should be available on PS3, XBOX 360, and PC. And no going back to the PS2 and XBOX.

DarkCaslteFan
11-25-2007, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Driverman2006:
Now Driver-Dimension is saying that it will come out on PS3, XBOX 360, and PC. That's the way it should be. Because D:PL came out on the PS2, XBOX, and PC. Now, since we're in a new generation of gaming, the next Driver game should be available on PS3, XBOX 360, and PC. And no going back to the PS2 and XBOX.

Where did Driver-Dimension hear it? If it's just their word, then I could just as easily say it's coming out on the PS3 only. Or it's exclusive to Playstation 1. I mean if they are just guessing, then the only thing it is, is my guess against theirs.

Driver 2 came out only on the PS1, Driver '76 only came out on the PSP. I'm not going to say that is the way it "Should" be. I am also in agreement that it should not com out on any last generation systems. And they should not port it to the Wii, if they really want to they should make a Wii side game.

I personally think it would be cool to see a PS3 exclusive version, but I doubt it will happen. But don't act as though it's confirmed if a non official source says so.

InsaneDriver06
11-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Look at Ubisoft tracks record. They release their games for more than one system: Assassin's Creed, King Kong, GRAW, etc. 360 is making publishers too much money to pass up on, and Ubisoft rarely makes exclusives, for very long anyway.

Point two, Driver 5 hasn't even been officially announced. When you see a title logo of "Driver", you'll know it's official, much like Rockstar does with GTA4. No pics, no screens, but GTA4 was enough to know the game was underway and officially announced.

I don't think it's a question at all, the next gen DRIVER will almost certainly appear on the 360, rest assured. The announcement and the first pics will start to appear by summer 2008 as an estimate.

DarkCaslteFan
11-28-2007, 11:53 PM
I agree, though I think it is a shame.

I just saw this:

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-twentieth-things.html

Still, it's only a rumor.

driver_madness
11-29-2007, 01:14 AM
They announced this before the game was sold off to ubisoft, they announced this a long time before the game even started development.

and I contacted ubisoft earlier this year and they replied with the following quote.

http://www.drivermadness.net/main/portal.php?topic_id=113

Dear Driver Madness Administrator :

It is too early for us to speak about what might be changed or added in the Driver gameplay, but I can confirm that we plan to continue to develop the series and that we look forward especially to bringing it to next-gen consoles.

Very best regards,

Mary Beth Henson

Corporate Media Relations Manager

So we know it's coming to next generation consoleS.

and will most likely come to pc considering ubisoft's approach to publishing games.

InsaneDriver06
11-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by driver_madness:
They announced this before the game was sold off to ubisoft, they announced this a long time before the game even started development.

and I contacted ubisoft earlier this year and they replied with the following quote.

http://www.drivermadness.net/main/portal.php?topic_id=113
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Dear Driver Madness Administrator :

It is too early for us to speak about what might be changed or added in the Driver gameplay, but I can confirm that we plan to continue to develop the series and that we look forward especially to bringing it to next-gen consoles.

Very best regards,

Mary Beth Henson

Corporate Media Relations Manager

So we know it's coming to next generation consoleS.

and will most likely come to pc considering ubisoft's approach to publishing games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good info, thanks. True that it's been announced barely, but beyond that, nothing announced officially in any VG mags.

Driver-4.com
12-01-2007, 06:19 AM
First of all there's no Driver 5. The next Driver is Driver 4 ( please read this : Click here (http://www.driver-4.com/rdr) )

Driver 4 will be realeased for PlayStation®3, that's sure ( It has been announced ).

Driver 4 will also be released on XBOX360 ( read this: Click here (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-90639.html) )

But we don't know if it will be released for Wii and PC.