PDA

View Full Version : Why me?!

Leopulse59
07-27-2005, 03:25 AM
On pandora Tomorrow, the versus mode was a novel idea, and people liked it. But then Chaos Theory came out. They added some new maps on versus mode and even a new coop mode, but then i noticed something was missing.

They took out the hospital map and the cinema map, AND the vertigo plaza map, all of which i thought were good maps.

WHY? Why did you take them out? WHY did you take out the phosphorus grenade for mercs? WHY did you take out the ability to chat after you're dead?* (or is that just a bug on my pc?)

What im saying is...the next patch/update for the game should include the old maps, instead of having to download them seperate from some random website i dont even know about...ot atleast make it well known where to download the old maps so people who want to, can do so.

PLeeeeese

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Bionic-Blob
07-27-2005, 03:31 AM
excuse me?

the ump project is wel known.

look at a sticky in the map discussion forum.

Chimera87
07-27-2005, 03:46 AM
ehm u werent SUPPOSED to chat when ur dead - like to a merc, BEHIND U!!

so according to me it was never possible...

and the maps are available by now (UMP)

ImportedSpy.CF
07-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Ya the UMP is adding in the lost maps and we all know that but hes got a point WHY! did you take out the maps in the first palce WHY! did you take out the PHOS grenade like.. was there a good reason?!?! i think he's looking for an anwser from UBI :P

scworld
07-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Phos:
Werent really used (only spy traps, mines, frags and tazer).

About maps:
if you had those maps, why buy PT? (I think).

BooBerry.Ck
07-27-2005, 11:13 AM
<span class="ev_code_White">Yes i understand about him asking why they took out the maps. I mean if they were going to port over complete **** maps like warehouse, but leave behind the most balanced maps, then UBI needs to lay off the booze and get their heads on straight.

But taking out Phoso is fine, i mean its a useless item that I believe no one used unless they were "just checking to see what it did"</span>

ImportedSpy.CF
07-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by scworld:
Phos:
Werent really used (only spy traps, mines, frags and tazer).

About maps:
if you had those maps, why buy PT? (I think).

Phos: Still they didn't have to take away the phos for the little ppl that used them.. really usefull in musuem stop of cafe..

Maps:That doesnt make sense?

Xan-99
07-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Phos was never useful, and no offence to the ump mapers they did a really good job, but i would of liked to see all the old maps with a full makeover and released by ubi so that EVERYONE has them.

When its hard enough to get a game as it it I dont want to add the fact some people cant play some maps to the list of things stoping me geting people in my server.

Ctrl.Alt.De1337
07-27-2005, 05:40 PM
yea, I mean is it really THAT much to ask from ubi, they should have just ported over all the PT maps and it prolly isnt that hard for them to do so. And another thing ubi kinda treats this like a little mini game that just gives the game a bit more replay value but I guess they dont realize that it has become much more.

Bl1nder39
07-28-2005, 06:27 AM
That is the problem my friends, the casual gamer, lets call him Joe. Joe is new to gaming, he has no idea of the different games so he buys what he sees first. Joe has the power to break games, this is the case with SC, so long as Joe is happy with the game, and doesnt care about maps and stuff, well the change is never going to happen

BigSlim_UK
07-28-2005, 07:01 AM
No offense meant to the UMP meant, but unless the old maps are released in an official capacity via a patch that everyone has to get i wont be getting those maps.

The reason being, is because the likelyhood of picking up randoms with those maps is highly unlikely..

Xan-99
07-28-2005, 07:37 AM
I'm with Slim here, it's hard enough to get a game as it is.

Spekkio9
07-28-2005, 08:55 AM
That's a dumb reason not to get them. While it's much more rare that I play on these maps, I've still played them quite a bit.

Is that to say you won't get Oil Rig, which is certified, or Pyro either because it's not in a patch? Unfortunately we don't have an auto-downloader, and not downloading them separately just because "some randoms won't have it" is cutting off your face to spite your nose.

Anyway, to OP...I guess Ubi thought the sector maps fit in better with a "story" type gameplay. Unfortunately, the majority of Mission/Story players wasn't too keen on the sector maps. Luckily though we have UMP to port over the rest. Also, it could've been because of time constraints since SvM was kind of "thrown in" at the end.

DucusSumus
07-28-2005, 10:39 AM
So you guys are showing your discontent for the fact the most players won't download the UMP maps by not downloading the UMP maps? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Even if you only play them rarely, there is absolutely no reason not to download the UMP and other custom maps. The first step to promoting their use is actually using them yourself.

If you are worried about random players not being able to join your server, the solution is simple. Use an official map until the server is full, then ask if they all have the custom map you wish to play. If they do, you can switch to it and play. If they don't, then you can still play an official map. Simply having downloaded a custom map is not going to stop players from joining your server.

ImportedSpy.CF
07-28-2005, 11:54 AM
it might if your a stuborn kid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bl1nder39
07-28-2005, 10:18 PM
The reason Ubi proted warehouse and deftech is pretty simple, they just ported the most played maps, belive it or not warehouse and deftec are the most played maps by DM players, its a fact, and bloody hell theres alot of DM players

ImportedSpy.CF
07-28-2005, 10:27 PM
<span class="ev_code_red"> DARN DM! </span>

spyder93090
07-28-2005, 10:29 PM
THREE LETTERS:

UMP

and if you could chat while you're dead what happened if say, "hey merc look at the spy on the balcony, he has new night vision goggles" or "yo spy, what are you doing creeping up on that merc like that ? sneaky little bastard you "

ImportedSpy.CF
07-28-2005, 10:35 PM
<span class="ev_code_red"> lol. true, true </span>

Leopulse59
07-29-2005, 03:05 AM
ok...i get the point but how many peeps here actually know the website for downloading ump maps?! i for one dont!

And besides...all i was asking from making this thread is that ubi brings back cinema and vertigo plaza...THEY were massively played maps aswell and warehouse and defetch, but shimerhorn (how the hell do you spell it?!), wasn't really played as much...

ps: what about the not-so-played NEW maps...you dont see anyone playing bank do you?! Orphanage is RARELY played (but is played alot more than bank from what i've seen)...

Vertigo and cinema HAVE to come back!!! they were amazing maps enjoyed by all and i was dissapointed to see them go.

scworld
07-29-2005, 03:07 AM
For your convenience:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3651075192/m/5351041243/p/1

BigSlim_UK
07-29-2005, 05:10 AM
I want a patch, im lazy, i cannot be bothered to install maps manually, its a pain in the rear end.

If it was patched to me, i'd be alot happier. As it is im happy playing the maps that i do have.

As for oil rig, unless its patched to me, then no i will not be getting it.

MR.Mic
07-29-2005, 05:12 AM
How is downloading something and clicking next a whole bunch of times a pain?

Frelli.
07-29-2005, 06:25 AM
Would it be fair to all the new CT players that dont even have a clue of how to play the old pt maps, when the PT players know it from top to toe? ..

MR.Mic
07-29-2005, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Frelli.:
Would it be fair to all the new CT players that dont even have a clue of how to play the old pt maps, when the PT players know it from top to toe? ..

How do you get good at anything? You learn!
It's not like someone will stay sucky at a map if he plays it a lot.

DrCactus
07-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by MR.Mic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frelli.:

How do you get good at anything? You learn!
It's not like someone will stay sucky at a map if he plays it a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, I do. Get this, I've only won as a spy Once on Missle. I mean, thats fantastic eh. Can anyone else say that? pff... didnt think so. I'm awesome and suck at many maps that I play often. Then again, I only seem to play once a week.

As for ppl not downloading the other maps because its too hard or their too lazy. I say this, "I squish your head. Squishy, squish squish...Oh a tough guy eh... Two thumbs will crush you... Squiiiiiish. HAHAHAH Squish your head...Uh oh."

ImportedSpy.CF
07-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Frelli.:

<span class="ev_code_red">Of course its fair. When your started CT im sure there were players that have already played the maps and were good at them. Learning a map is easy just play them often and with people that know it. It's pretty simple </span>

Chimera87
07-30-2005, 03:13 PM
what is unfair about that - in about 1 day all others that pay attention and play the game know those maps... i dont see why that is unfair...