PDA

View Full Version : WORST launch EVER

xolinlevh
12-05-2006, 04:27 PM
ok i just bought this game...$50. and i can hardly play it, first off, the save dosent work, if i hit continue it says i have no saved games and must start all over! sound bugs, il do amission and all that i hear is the sound of footsteps, nothing from guns, or other stuff. random **** too, like i just finished the tanker mission and i was on the chopper landing in china or whatever. i got off the chopper and it just had me standing there for like 10 min...doing nothing...then BAM crashed. wtf is wrong with this game? my computer MORE then meets the min reqs, ive got all the latest patches...wtf is this ****?

atarigod2600
12-05-2006, 04:33 PM
oh wow ok this is news to me.

xolinlevh
12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
yea i dont get it. i did the first mission in the jail, got about half way through it, hit save and quit out cuz i had to go eat dinner, i came back and started it up, hit continue. it said no previous save games found. so i had to start all over, its finaly starting to load my saved games but i have to go into load and select them from there, and it dosent always even load the RIGHT one, today i clicked the tanker save and tried to load that....and it loaded the jail mission instead. VERY anoying cuz loads take a few min to redo. and about 1/10 of the time while its loading a mission it will crash totaly

xolinlevh
12-05-2006, 09:09 PM
grr i just got home, hit load mission, picked shanghi and hit load...and it loaded the NYC terrorist HQ thingy one. this is stupid as hell

Arun Kumar
12-05-2006, 10:06 PM
lol what made u to purchase the game even after seeing all those whinings for the last one month? :P<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"You Have No Idea What's Coming" Said Ubisoft When They Announced Splinter Cell 4. I Was Anticipating What Ubisoft Is Going To Surprise Me With. Fast Forward To Nov 2006, All We Get Is A Half Baked Game Which Is Not Going To Be Playable Even After A Dozen Patches. Well Done Ubisoft Nice Marketing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Duh

xolinlevh
12-05-2006, 10:15 PM
well, i didnt read any fourms about it. ive had nothign but great times with every single other splintercell game...didnt expect this one to be such a massive screw up

JoyntsunWheels
12-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Return it while you still can. The game should say "abandon all hope ye who enter here" on the flecking disc

xolinlevh
12-05-2006, 10:36 PM
lol, think bestbuy has soem BS return policy on games

JoyntsunWheels
12-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by xolinlevh:
lol, think bestbuy has soem BS return policy on games

Well if you bought it on the day of the OP, you probably can at least get in store credit. 15 days for full refund, or 30 days for instore credit is what i've seen. Good luck.

sth128
12-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Mmm... Lunch...

Oh wait you said launch. Actually the launch of a success. Lots of people pre-ordered and bought the game soon after release.

Of course, 98% of them came here on the same day to ***** about how badly the game worked... If it worked at all.

xolinlevh
12-06-2006, 12:45 AM
honestly though....ive played every single one of the Splinter cell series. ive loved every one of them. but surely ubi has some people TEST the product before they start selling it....how did thier quality control people miss all this?

sth128
12-06-2006, 02:03 AM
They tested on the 360... They did such a direct port they felt it was unnecessary to test it on PC you see...

LOL

xolinlevh
12-06-2006, 10:35 AM
wow i hope someoen got fired for this lol

braiog
12-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by xolinlevh:
wow i hope someoen got fired for this lol

Why would you say such a thing?

The whole damn TEAM needs to be fired. Not just one person. Maybe hire people WITHOUT their heads up their butts?

If all else fails, fresh tactics. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.aaronmartone.com/misc/braiog_sig.jpg
Death by Lethal Injection?

PC does NOT mean a Ported Console version.

mactiddy
12-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Can we just all agree that UBI dropped the ball on this game and maybe make an official complaint thread so I don't have to keep searching for good topics amongst all this garbage.

Stop making these repetitive threads.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img45.echo.cx/img45/4102/forumsig3ll.gif

bd2001
12-06-2006, 11:29 AM
they didnt just drop the ball they kicked it down the street http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

xolinlevh
12-06-2006, 12:01 PM
i love ubi games, i lvoe the splinter cell line, this is just VERY unusual for them to have a game sooooo horribly riddled in bugs

braiog
12-06-2006, 12:36 PM
The constant complaining is therapeutic for the community. And can you blame them? I think with a suckerpunch like this, they deserve it. I mean heck, they got duped out of $50.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.aaronmartone.com/misc/braiog_sig.jpg
Death by Lethal Injection?

PC does NOT mean a Ported Console version.

KungFu_CIA
12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Actually it is not therapeutic for a community, nor is it for individuals such as yourself to harbor all of this resentment and anger over a video game.

I mean this in all seriousness.

I speak from experience because this is what has been happening with the R6 PC Community for almost an entire year since Lockdown was released in February.

As a result, the R6 PC forums are not a very positive place to visit and often alienate new persons (posters) who are just looking for information about the upcoming games.

One of the new posters even said something which I unfortunately agree with and that is the forums are now populated by the same "nerds" posting over and over again about how bad UBI screwed up to the point they sound like sycophants and emotionally disturbed addicts craving validation from a faceless entity which will never give it to them.

UBISoft is a company.

They lie.

They will screw over their loyal customers just to make a profit and gain new customers and repeat the cycle as long as the revenue streams keep coming in.

They also currently do not seem to care about the PC market as much as they should.

However, persons need to separate these business decisions from being some kind of personal insult or attack on their being because this is where a lot of this anger and resentment comes from, IMO.

If you don't like UBISoft's treatment of the PC fan base... Don't buy their products any more. This is the ONLY real way your voice can be heard that will tell them you do not approve of their current business practices.

Once you do this you can move on because getting this bent out of shape over a video game (series) is not healthy and borderline obsessive compulsive behavior.

sth128
12-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah well, acceptance takes time. More time than say, it takes for Ubi to get out a second patch?

So far I'm only over the SM2.0 thing. I imagine it'll be a while still to get over the bugs. At least until I finish the game. Of course, since certain bugs prevent me from actually doing that the cycle just begins again.