PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubisoft, new forum

mpagano411
12-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Ubisoft, can we get a "wouldn't this be cool" forum so that 85% of the topics on this one can be correctly categorized.

In the past 2 days, I've read about 0 topics that have to do with the game and its overall design/balance. Every post is about some cool idea someone has for a game design or a mechanic change that basically tells us what frustrates them as a player.

You all have great ideas, just not for this game. Go build a game like this one where you can have 10 perks or no abilities or where you can slap your pursuer in the face because you already saw them at some point.

The fact of the matter is that most games don't change that much after release. Patches and content offer incremental or aesthetic changes at best. Either start to accept the fact that some of these things in the game are just the way the developers want or find a game that fits into what you're looking for. Aside from technical issues with matchmaking and connectivity, the game is fantastic and probably going to stay just about the same forever.

QuantumSheep1
12-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Well this is true, however in most cases even if the authors are hoping for it to be put in the game, it is mainly for people to agree with them. I did make 2 suggestions, although they were for AC3 multiplayer, not just to come in a patch. And this is somewhat of a feedback thread and discussion, so really anything that involves the multiplayer can be put in here.

mpagano411
12-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Sure, let's get some of the halo reach abilities brought over into here. It's multiplayer. Maybe grenades? I'm sure some people here would like grenades.

QuantumSheep1
12-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by mpagano411:
Sure, let's get some of the halo reach abilities brought over into here. It's multiplayer. Maybe grenades? I'm sure some people here would like grenades.
Well if people want them they can say they do. But I can see your point, it is starting to get annoying for people just to be always whining about what they don't have in the game. But suggestions can still be made.

obliviondoll
12-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah!

Seconded.

They have cannons, and Leonardo made a bomber, why not grenades? They already have firecrackers!

Sorry.

But on topic...

I think the majority of threads are about the multiplayer. Many are suggestions for things to be changed, either in Brotherhood or the next multiplayer AC title. But that's still about multiplayer.

There are plenty of threads about mechanics/matchmaking issues/technical troubles etc. as well. It's all multiplayer-relevant.

QuantumSheep1
12-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:
Yeah!

Seconded.

They have cannons, and Leonardo made a bomber, why not grenades? They already have firecrackers!

Sorry.

But on topic...

I think the majority of threads are about the multiplayer. Many are suggestions for things to be changed, either in Brotherhood or the next multiplayer AC title. But that's still about multiplayer.

There are plenty of threads about mechanics/matchmaking issues/technical troubles etc. as well. It's all multiplayer-relevant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Seriously? Go down this first page. Basically all of them are about what needs to be fixed/put in. DLC, Lunge Range, Additional Modes Wishlist, All I want for Christmas is Free Rome, etc.

W.E.S.P
12-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just dont understand why it bothers you so much. To be fair though more people want the assassination distance changed.

obliviondoll
12-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by BlizzardGhost:
Seriously? Go down this first page. Basically all of them are about what needs to be fixed/put in. DLC, Lunge Range, Additional Modes Wishlist, All I want for Christmas is Free Rome, etc.
Only counting the patch notes thread, bug reports/queries, and questions about the game mechanics...

I count 27 threads.

Out of 40 on the first page.

Counting comments which you say aren't relevant even though they ARE about the multiplayer (suggestions for improving multiplayer are still about the multiplayer), this is one of only 2 threads I see that's not actually on topic.

El Zo1212o
12-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Ubisoft, can we get a "wouldn't this be cool" forum so that 85% of the topics on this one can be correctly categorized.

In the past 2 days, I've read about 0 topics that have to do with the game and its overall design/balance. Every post is about some cool idea someone has for a game design or a mechanic change that basically tells us what frustrates them as a player.

You all have great ideas, just not for this game. Go build a game like this one where you can have 10 perks or no abilities or where you can slap your pursuer in the face because you already saw them at some point.

The fact of the matter is that most games don't change that much after release. Patches and content offer incremental or aesthetic changes at best. Either start to accept the fact that some of these things in the game are just the way the developers want or find a game that fits into what you're looking for. Aside from technical issues with matchmaking and connectivity, the game is fantastic and probably going to stay just about the same forever.

Way to contribute to your own problem.

sandmanssorrow
12-21-2010, 10:32 AM

El Zorro: Another superb example of sarcasm in the written form for you above.

OP: I don't know why any of us bother asking for anything on here really, the responses from officials are almost non existent other than to tell us to "not use those words" or lock a thread.

Let's be honest we're either bored or away from our consoles so starting ish with other Creed fans is what there is to do. Your complaint about people talking about mundane or non related stuff is just as mundane and non related but they all have one thing in common, they are all excuses to get in someone else's grill about something. So er, yeah, have that!

CharDude
12-21-2010, 12:34 PM
A gigantic majority of topics pertain in some way to the multiplayer mode. If you don't like complainers, go find another forum. You'll still find them. There is no such forum without people suggesting something. Deal with it.

El Zo1212o
12-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:

El Zorro: Another superb example of sarcasm in the written form for you above.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
@SandmansSorrow: I knew you'd bring that up when you saw that post, but I'm still not convinced of the validity of hyperbole as an appropriate substitute for real(read: subtle) sarcasm.

Mr_Shade
12-22-2010, 12:25 PM
The forum is for the discussion of the game - if people want to chat about what they would like to see improved, then so be it..

I think the thread has served it's purpose...