View Full Version : crewmember stats?
10-29-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd like to gain an understanding of some of the numbers that are attached to each crewmember:
1. Experience is listed a s a pair of numbers, like 9060/16200. The first number seems to increase as time goes on, the second does not appear to change. Might be a function of rank. Is the first number affected by battle action, or just total patrol time?
2. Fatigue also has a pair of numbers, like 44/100. I think I understand the first number, but is the second ever anything different than 100?
3. Efficiency looks something like 39/73(+56). Is this explained anywhere? The first number is zero when the person is asleep, but I'm not clear on what it means.
4. The skills numbers seem to be fixed for each crew member, e.g., Mechanical = 66. Do these ever change? Maybe with promotions?
10-29-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't have all of the answers you seek, but I'll share my observations.
1. The first number in a crewman's experience is their number of experience points. The second number is the required experience points to be eligeble for promotion. When a crewman is promoted, their experience returns to 0. I'm not certain yet if their importance in their shift has an influence on the experience gained or not. Patrol time certainly does, but I think there is a random factor in the game to keep all of your crewman from leveling at exactly the same rate.
2. The second number doesn't change at all. Think of the first number as a percentage, as it's simply their fatigue out of 100. Fatigue influences a crewman's efficiency negatively. The higher the fatigue, the poorer the crewman performs his duties.
3. Efficiency is how well a crewman performs their duties. I'm at a loss on the efficiency numbers myself. All I know is that the larger the first number is, the happier skipper I'll be.
4. The skills are fixed numbers, but they do improve during some of the promotions. When you are promoting a Seaman 1st Class to Petty Officer 3rd Class, it will ask you which area you would like your new Petty Officer to specialize in. Each area will give a bonus to different stats. As the Petty Officer 3rd Class is promoted to 2nd Class and 1st Class (and I believe even to Chief Petty Officer), they will improve their stats. I'm not sure if the additional bonuses are based on their specialization or their station at the time of their subsequent promotions.
Stations take advantage of stats differently. The engine rooms seem to like Electrical and Mechanical. The crew in the Control Room tend to do better if they are well-rounded, but a high Leadership stat is a must. The Conning Tower uses Electrical and Watchman. The Torpedo Rooms like Mechanical and Guns. The Deck Watch wants Leadership and Watchman. I think Damage Control need Mechanical and Leadership. And the Guns need Guns and Watchman. Those are the favorite stats of the various stations as far as I'm aware, but it's always nice to have fair stats in the other areas. I've noticed that Leadership is also very useful in any station if that crewman is leading their shift.
10-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Well, you helped a lot, thanks.