PDA

View Full Version : inverted killing benefits?

kingtripod
03-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Why do i have a choice whether to choke an npc to death rather than just breaking his neck, and also why would i ever knock someone out rather than just killing them?

kingtripod
03-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Why do i have a choice whether to choke an npc to death rather than just breaking his neck, and also why would i ever knock someone out rather than just killing them?

Chaos_Recon
03-14-2005, 01:38 PM
1. You don't choke an NPC to death. It just chokes him to sleep.
2. Why would you break his neck instead? Because it looks hella cool.
3. Why would you knock someone out rather than kill them? Because this is a non-linear videogame where you have the choice to be a badass or a saint.

mikeiron0404
03-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Oh I thought this thread was going to be about the benifits of using the inverted necksnap instead of just killing/knocking out from the ground.

kingtripod
03-14-2005, 01:57 PM
ya but there is no benefits or consequinces between either 2 its just what you like more?

liquid_chaos
03-14-2005, 02:31 PM
so the point of this thread is?....

mikeiron0404
03-14-2005, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ya but there is no benefits or consequinces between either 2 its just what you like more? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, admitidaly there aren't many differences, but if you where going down a long, well lit hall with a pipe running though on the ceiling, then that would be much more effective than running in and smacking him in the face.

S.a.S-Akbari
I have no idea, but the animation for the choking looks way better, but the crack on the quick neck brake is just satisfieng ^^

kingtripod
the point of the thread is that i was wondering if there was a benefit or consequince when i break someones neck while inverted or choke them while inverted. Or sneaking up behind someone and knocking them out or to kill them

psyichic
03-14-2005, 02:43 PM
You lose percent points for killing an enemy a KO doesnt lose you as many points. Theres your diffrence. Now admittedly not many people play for full percent but think also every once and a while you may get a mission requireing you to use no lethal force? Then the KO will be a move that can be used. Also if youi noticed one of the KO inverts was done to a janitor and even though some of us would love to get back at those evil janitors who are trying to take over the world we dont have proof yet so for now we must only resort to KOing them.

braiog
03-14-2005, 02:56 PM
In real life, strategically, there are pros and cons to killing an enemy or merely incapacitating them, however with the current limitation that the AI has "They stay in their respective zones", there becomes little to no difference between to 2 aside from those who want to be "stealthy" for sake of the point system.

kingtripod
03-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Ya so KOing only really helps in points and when you cant kill people. But one thing is what is the point of the point system? satisfaction of being stealthy or are there rewards?

ceab17
03-14-2005, 04:38 PM
and i think KO moves are much quieter than killing moves, so which move you choose will effect nearby guards' reactions.

TheLeprichaun
03-14-2005, 06:54 PM
correct me if im wrong but if an enemy finds a knocked out guy wont he wake him up like in the first two games?

Omega_224
03-14-2005, 07:07 PM
I. Inverted Neck Snap:

Bad Points:
You lose points in the scoring page

Good Points:
It's IMMENSLY awesome
The other guards can't wake them up

II. Inverted Choking:

Bad Points:
The other guards can wake them up

Good Points:
Your score is better on the scoring page

III. Ground Killing:

Bad Points:
Reduces your score on the scoring page

Good Points:
More variaty in the moves you can perform
Guards will no longer be a threat

IV. Ground KOs:

Good Points:
Better Score on scoring page

Bad Points:
Guards can wake each other up

***NOTE*** All moves are extremely risky. Everybody should already know that. I was going to put it in the Bad Points part, but I would have had to do that with all of them.

The only reward for NOT killing is you get a better score as opposed to if you had killed.

Probably missed several points. Please, feel free to add on....INTELLIGENTLY. No stupidity.

kingtripod
03-14-2005, 10:25 PM
ya but what reward to i get if i have a good point score. Is it just for self satisfaction?

HorTyS
03-14-2005, 10:43 PM
I hope there is maybe some sort of unlockables for getting 100% for the whole game. it'd be awesome if you got something for getting 100% for each level and then a big unlockable goodie for getting 100% on the whole game.