PDA

View Full Version : Strange image on the bottom-right corner

Zonkan
08-13-2007, 04:09 AM
I get this image while playing Dark Messiah multiplayer . Is strange and it slowdown the game. How could i fix it . Anyway I´ll be re-installing it to check if its something of the installation .

Pd-> I had no troubles playing single player .

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4478/errorob6.th.jpg (http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorob6.jpg)

BlindNero
08-13-2007, 04:22 AM
It means "no connection to the server". But you are playing multiplayer? Anyway, there is *a* connection not working...
Check your firewall/settings/router/windows firewall etc.

Clonage2006
08-13-2007, 04:32 AM
The image did not cause the slowdown, more likely, the slowdown caused IT. Do what BlindNero said, and try to play on the servers hosted nearer to you, for example the one's that show a low latency/ping in the server selection section.

GoRedwings19
08-13-2007, 09:20 AM
are their any UK dark messiah based multiplayer servers??? Or are they mostly in EU or US?

I have been on a few Eu servers and tried once in a US server. Just be handy if there was one more closer to the UK

Zonkan
08-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Thank you for the answers . But i didnt really understand it . What means "slowdown " for you ? A
low amount of fps for a while or you mean that i lag ?

I said before that i had no troubles while playing single player , i mean : It didnt work slowly ( low fps ) . So its a bit strange that this happens
And even that i tried to play with low graphic´s option.
Thank you anyway . I will be checking the firewall and i also reinstalled. This game would be the first giving me troubles like this ... I play quite often counter strike source or dod source .

misteerius
08-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Look at the picture, it is an ethernet cable, the one you use to connect your computer to the internet, which indicates there is an issue there. It comes up if you are in a high ping server, or if you have lost connection altogether.

When choosing a server to join from the server list, look at the 'ping' column, and choose the server with the lowest number. Generally, the closer a server is physically to you, the lower the ping. If you play in servers with 250+, you will get noticeable lag, and that icon.

This 'lag' has nothing to do with your graphics card, and everything to do with how far you are from the server you are playing on.

Zonkan
08-15-2007, 02:42 AM
Yes , but the most strange thing is that i join servers with 50 ping . I´m spanish , so european . And i play at the oficials servers from europe . And i have no high pings while playing this game . So its kinda strange .... No high pings but i still get this annoying thing. I guess i will have to lock down the firewall. But as I said , this is the only game that i get troubles while playing . Nor cs-source nor dod source are giving me any lag nor mistakes . Thanks for your help. PD-> Sometimes i get the lowest ping at the server I´m playing

BlindNero
08-15-2007, 04:02 AM
Just incase: you need a cabled broadband connection, so no wi-fi.
Suggestions:

Please make sure that your router / firewall is configured to allow Steam access to the following ports:

Steam Client
UDP 1200 (For the Friends service)
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive
TCP 27020 to 27050 inclusive

Dedicated Server
UDP 27015 and 27020 (Default HLDS, SRCDS and HLTV ports)
TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Note: Windows XP SP1 firewall users running Source Dedicated Server must open TCP Port 27015 for Rcon to work
(Steam) Troubleshooting Network Connectivity (http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11&p_created=1092152203#isps)

Zonkan
08-17-2007, 03:06 AM
I dont have wi fi either . I have cabled broadband . My ping while playing is quite nice , 50. And i even try to play with dmz to check if it has something with the firewall . This is getting strange . Is like someone above us doesnt want me to play this game by internet :P. I guess then could be cos it require a better computer while playing online

BlindNero
08-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Could you check this (it's not exactly your error but the fix-suggestions may apply):

Originally posted by BlindNero:

================================================== ================================================== ==========

<span class="ev_code_black">=</span><span class="ev_code_yellow">5</span><span class="ev_code_black">=</span>. Multi Player version: "The instruction at '0x241e3b99" referenced memory at "0x0dde65c8". The memory could not be read".
OR
no message, but huge slowdown
OR
unresponsive keyboard
OR
game crashes when you touch the keyboard.<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1. Make sure your Steam interface language is set to English. File > Settings > Language. As described in Error <span class="ev_code_black">=</span><span class="ev_code_yellow">19</span><span class="ev_code_black">=</span>, scroll down in this thread.<LI>2. Make sure your Ethernet/LAN (Network) device drivers are up to date.
<LI>3. Make sure that your (software) firewall is configured to allow mm.exe both ways. Or disable firewall entirely.
Btw: if you have installed a 3d-party firewall, make sure you have disabled Windows Firewall (2 software firewalls active is not good). Most routers have a hardware firewall built in, so then you won't need any software firewall.
<LI>4. If you have a router: it sometimes happens that the cache is 'stuffed' (especially after down- and uploading many huge files) which is rarely but sometimes the cause for MP failure. Clean it by taking it off the power for about an hour, then reconnect.
<LI>5. Also check that you: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlindNero:
Keep the programs running on the background to a minimum. Many programs don't need to start up with Windows (especially not when gaming), some can even block games to run at all.

>>> Click Start > Run... type in:
msconfig
click OK. On the start up items tab, untick unnecessary programs, like:
-antivirusscanner
-printer
-Office
-MSN
-P2P programs
-webcam
-WindowsBlinds
-disable instant-messaging programs, so quit Skype
-program checking for new e-mail every minute
-peerguardian (can block multiplayer completely)

Reboot PC for the changes to take effect.

Take a look at MY msconfig/startup items list:

http://home.planet.nl/~dekk0819/downloads/mijn-msconfig10apr07.jpg
That is all.

<LI>6. Also, try tip number <span class="ev_code_black">=</span><span class="ev_code_yellow">19</span><span class="ev_code_black">=</span>, the '-dxlevel 90' parameter. [/list]

================================================== ================================================== ==========
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>From DARK MESSIAH Installation and Troubleshooting Instructions (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8821027804/m/7521018755).

Mana_SG
08-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by misteerius:
This 'lag' has nothing to do with your graphics card, and everything to do with how far you are from the server you are playing on.
Wrong wrong wrong. It has everything to do with the video card or his PC hardware. He says he can play other source games fine (Counter-Strike: Source supports DX6 cards on lowest settings while Dark Messiah MP supports only DX 9 cards as it's lowest level.) That same icon is given when you are getting graphics lag. As both the network and graphics lag increase ping. Why Kuju used that icon... I don't know. But it stands for both types of lag.

Zonkan what are your pc specs?

Zonkan
08-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Sorry , and thank you for your interest . I was about afk since i had to work.

AMD Sempron (tm) processor 3400+
2.01 GHZ . 1,25 Gb of Ram
Nvidia Geforce Fx 5500

Anything else that you should know ? Ah yes , i use windows XP professional . My computer isnt bad at all . Mmm i guess i will check this game in the computer of my dad . Just to check if it´s something of the internet or my graphic things . His computer is better. I play this game in my mother language and my steam is working also in Spanish . Do you think could there be problems with the steam thing ? Anyway those troubles are problems while installing or " troubleshooting" . And i can play and launch it . But not play correctly .

P_C
08-20-2007, 11:24 AM
The video card is a bit in the low end so that could be a bottle neck.

BlindNero
08-20-2007, 11:51 AM
...yes, but it should work. Zonkan: set your Steam language to English. See my previous post.

English_sausage
08-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Something else to note, I get that image sometimes when I'm on a server that's nearly or completely full, heavy load on servers will also give you the lag (especially when there's a couple of 100+ pingers in there too, and sometimes when it's lots of mages close together).

Zonkan
08-21-2007, 06:00 AM
I changed my steam language to english . Works a bit better but not that much .
And this about servers with just a few players . I will try . Thanks

Mana_SG
08-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Zonkan:
Sorry , and thank you for your interest . I was about afk since i had to work.

AMD Sempron (tm) processor 3400+
2.01 GHZ . 1,25 Gb of Ram
Nvidia Geforce Fx 5500

Anything else that you should know ? Ah yes , i use windows XP professional . My computer isnt bad at all . Mmm i guess i will check this game in the computer of my dad . Just to check if it´s something of the internet or my graphic things . His computer is better. I play this game in my mother language and my steam is working also in Spanish . Do you think could there be problems with the steam thing ? Anyway those troubles are problems while installing or " troubleshooting" . And i can play and launch it . But not play correctly .

Geforce series 5 cards are not able to fully handle DX 9, on all other source games they usually default to DX shader path 8 (Which is DirectX 8) but Dark Messiah MP does not support anything lower then Direct X 9 and as such it will force you to run on Shader Path 9. However Single Player supports both DX 8 and 9. Which explains as to why you are able to play Single Player fine.

There is not much you can do apart from upgrading your video card, sorry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Originally posted by English_sausage:
Something else to note, I get that image sometimes when I'm on a server that's nearly or completely full, heavy load on servers will also give you the lag (especially when there's a couple of 100+ pingers in there too, and sometimes when it's lots of mages close together).
Graphics lag, either your CPU or your Graphics Card or both can not handle the amount of players. It is also possible that your connection can not handle it, but I doubt anyone to have download speed that could not handle it.

Dark Messiah MP is resource intense, especially with many players. But I know for sure that on pretty much any server I played with my 8800GTX it was pretty fine. And I can honestly say, most people playing Dark Messiah MP do not have cards in the 8800 series http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Viper_Of_Persia
09-13-2007, 12:45 PM
I have the same problem.I was playing Dark Messiah perfectly until this week(even on the high ping servers).But nowadays it suddenly started to show that meaningless microwave like image(I tried the same servers and the others).No graphic lags at all.Believe me, I had NO problems just one week ago. No viruses, firewalls, connection problem (other things run well),etc... It is like someone doesn't want me to play anymore(I SEE YOU!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My modem is always turned off when I don't use it.I will try resetting it to factory settings. Maybe I have to buy a new one.

My PC;
Geforce 6200 Turbocache 512 Mb (not 256!)
Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz twin virtual processors (not physical like core 2 duo)
2 Gb DDR2 667 Mhz Kingston RAM

XFDredd
09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
I get the same problem.Ubisoft tech help has been worthless so far(to the point of asking me to send them my dxdiag and msinfo files after i had already done so,then telling me my video drivers were out of date when they were not).
I have a 6mb dsl connection,my machine is P4 3.2 gig,1 gig kingston ram,Radeon X1600 pro 256 agp,Abit IS7 mobo,WD 120 gig SATA 150,onboard realtec sound and ethernet,Razer Diamondback mouse.
I have no software firewall and I use the 2wire router/modem supplied by my internet provider.