PDA

View Full Version : Make a classic new

crowe117
07-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Why is ubisoft wasting their time making rushed sequels ( like vegas 2) when they could just take one of the rainbow six classics and polish it up a little. They could take one of the more tactical games, like raven shield, and just give us a new campaign, and add some better graphics while still keeping it like the first. If they took raven shield or rogue spear and remade it so it was still as tactical as the originals, then I think they could make a game that would be played for years and years to come. Just like rogue spear and raven shield still are. Anyone else agree with this?

RLCSeMPeRFi
07-17-2008, 08:26 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

AntiPersonnel
07-17-2008, 08:50 PM
i say no to "re-issuing" older R6's.

can you imagine how horrible it will be to have Raven shield with 3rd person cover and more glitches than it originally had?

do you honestly think if devs agreed to bring back any of the older games they would remain FAITHFUL to that game?

they cant even hold the integrity of the franchise let alone one game within it.

MD_Sennet
07-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Yea, no doubt.

And it doesn't even have to be a remake of the classic games. I understand why you are suggesting it, but how hard should it be? Set up new missions and a new storyline similar to the basic plot that the original game provided the template for, and develop it around a modern engine.

That is basically what Rogue Spear, Urban Ops, Covert Ops, then Raven Shield, Athena Sword, and Iron Wrath (the free online one) were.

All of the locations, the plots, and a majority of the Rainbow operatives in those titles were created by designers and artists that had no affiliation with Tom Clancy or the original games project team.

Hell, if I sat down and gave myself a few hours, *I* could probly come up with a great set of mission locations and a simple plotline.

taj75755
07-17-2008, 08:55 PM
I wonder how long it took them to think of a sory for vegas 2...i wonder..hmm.....

Vegas 2 dev team:

Hey guys we need to think of a story!! lets go!

*10 minutes later...*

WOOT were done! lets go call up some ******s and order some pizza for our hard work!

MD_Sennet
07-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Heh, it's funny, because when you don't have to change your location, you can just go on and on without anything important happening in the story.

Like how Conan O'brien has to waste time at the beginning of the show just to fill the first few minutes. Same principal, basically.

The thing is, the story that started with Vegas1 and kind of continued into Vegas 2 is not all that terrible. It's just not very interesting and is definitely not a Rainbow Six type of story. Doesn't even fit the profile of what the government would assign to an organization like Rainbow.

You can tell that the designers and script people for this game clearly did not play, at least past the first missions, of the previous R6 titles.

And I believe that is at the core of why this franchise has gone so far off track.

Flo_145
07-18-2008, 06:18 AM
I want some Connection... What happened to Ding?
Webber? or any of the old team from the novel?

WhiteKnight77
07-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Flo_145:
I want some Connection... What happened to Ding?
Webber? or any of the old team from the novel?

Ubi prematurely retired them though Ding became Six in LD. His whereabouts are unknown now.

ERN456
07-18-2008, 01:01 PM
The story in Vegas 1 was interesting but when it went to Vegas 2 it became dumb since in the end everything that happened was because some guy had his feelings hurt so he goes and blows up half of Vegas for no reason.

AntiPersonnel
07-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ERN456:
The story in Vegas 1 was interesting but when it went to Vegas 2 it became dumb since in the end everything that happened was because some guy had his feelings hurt so he goes and blows up half of Vegas for no reason.
gotta love that "TEEN ANGST"

LOL

now we know that target demographic is intentional

ERN456
07-18-2008, 06:00 PM
what?

taj75755
07-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by AntiPersonnel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ERN456:
gotta love that "TEEN ANGST"

LOL

now we know that target demographic is intentional </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lolz

Megalodon26
07-18-2008, 06:53 PM
I think that what he was saying is that since this game is targeted towards 14 - 25 year olds, (regardless of what is on the box) the story revolving around a traitor and a group of terrorists with no real agenda other than blowing stuff up, makes sense. In RL, and in true clancy games, the terrorists have an agenda, be it religious or political, those that do things for financial reasons are NOT terrorists, they're crooks, and not something Ranbow would be sent up against. And since the "terrorists" in Vegas 1 and 2 are not interested in any of the mentioned reasons, they are creating havoc for the sake of creating havoc, which is something teenagers have a tendency to do.

I can picture this- Irena and a few others, including the traitor (I can't bring myself to care enough about the story to remember his name) are sitting at a bar one day, when Irena says that she is bored, then the other says " hey lets hire a a few hundred bandidos, and smuggle them north to take over Vegas, that way Rainbow will get called in and I can really screw them over for not letting me march in the gay pride parade in uniform". And the story of Vegas begins.

AntiPersonnel
07-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by ERN456:
what?
the "teen angst" is refering to the horrible Gabe - Bishop monologue at the end where this whole crisis was revealed to be caused because "daddy didnt love me" aka how Gabe was 'overprotected/under-appreciated' by Bishop much in the same way a young angry teenager feels about authoritative figures in his/her life, and often lashing out in violent ways, or more commonly "temper tantrums" LOL.

Clint-Eastwood
07-19-2008, 04:02 AM
I almost fell asleep during that dumb-*** monologue. The moment I got my gun back I nailed him right between the eyes.

Here's my summary of the story:

C'mon Gabe, let's go save some hostages!

Gabe you screwed up!

AAAAHHHH there's a bomb in Vegas, let's go kill some people without giving them a chance to surrender!

We saved some people! Yay! Oh crap, there's another bomb!

We found the lead generic Mexican terrorist, now we know where the next bomb is!

Oh crap, more hostages! What's that? We're going against orders to kill some more generic terrorists?

WTF Gabe, you n00b.