PDA

View Full Version : SCDA - PC freezes upon startup

trytoidme
12-24-2006, 11:10 AM
My game installed successfully. I have a very good PC - meets all the required specs. I have all the recent drivers, BIOS, and DirectX updates, etc. No overclocking, firewall/anti-virus turned off, etc. On paper, I SHOULD be able to run this game.

Upon launching the game the FIRST time after installation, I see the intro logos, the menu, etc. Upon starting a new single player game, I start to see the level loading indicator, and then my PC locks up hard. I need to hit the power button, as I cannot even get out to the desktop.

Thereafter, whenever I try to restart the game, the PC locks up again immediately after the Ubisoft, Tom Clancy, Unreal logos. To be able to even see the menu again, I need to ininstall/reinstall the game. It's like some file got corrupted.

I see many people are having crash issues, but I haven't seen a thread yet that exactly describes my situation. I'm very frustrated. I wouldn't mind troubleshooting the crashes - making changes to config files and seeing if it helps - except that I'm very afraid the hard lockups/resets are going to eventually corrupt my OS!

trytoidme
12-24-2006, 11:10 AM
My game installed successfully. I have a very good PC - meets all the required specs. I have all the recent drivers, BIOS, and DirectX updates, etc. No overclocking, firewall/anti-virus turned off, etc. On paper, I SHOULD be able to run this game.

Upon launching the game the FIRST time after installation, I see the intro logos, the menu, etc. Upon starting a new single player game, I start to see the level loading indicator, and then my PC locks up hard. I need to hit the power button, as I cannot even get out to the desktop.

Thereafter, whenever I try to restart the game, the PC locks up again immediately after the Ubisoft, Tom Clancy, Unreal logos. To be able to even see the menu again, I need to ininstall/reinstall the game. It's like some file got corrupted.

I see many people are having crash issues, but I haven't seen a thread yet that exactly describes my situation. I'm very frustrated. I wouldn't mind troubleshooting the crashes - making changes to config files and seeing if it helps - except that I'm very afraid the hard lockups/resets are going to eventually corrupt my OS!