PDA

View Full Version : Who of you is content with Ubisoft information policy regarding Heroes VI?

LaBoule-AG
01-01-2011, 01:43 AM
Who of you is content with Ubisoft information policy regarding Heroes VI?
Are you always get fresh news regarding Heroes VI from OFFICIAl sources (or from Ubisoft directly)?
Are you satisfied with content of official Might & Magic site?

Elementalist.
01-01-2011, 03:15 AM
I see what you did there. First you leak stuff and now accuse ubi's policy. It's all ubi's fault, they made you do it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Eugene_Xaar
01-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Dear Elvin.

To tell the truth the fifth fraction still since Heroes 5 secret Polichinelle. Fraction Sanctuary and Naga have been drawn not casually. Them and so all wait.

And what before information leakage — that it is possible to learn on an incomplete portrait of the character? Without details it is all only warms up interest. Who is who? Who is Hero, and who is soldier? Who is elemental, and who is neutral?

You have learned it for certain? No!

I still wrote two years ago that Ne?ropolis will be in style of ?ings of Tombs and what?

There was no Yet an image and descriptions of beings my assumptions meant nothing.

And now — Look — communities have again revived. The set of assumptions expresses. There is a dialogue. People look forward.

Knowingly condemn a man for nothing. He did not say anything.
It is no more than occurrence of Orks not on an official site.
And as to that to Heroes 6 there is no interest at players. In Russian community it at all so!

I can specify about 20 various Russian communities on which there is brisk discussion Heroes 6.

Russian game magazines aren't silent! I can lay out screenshots from 3-4 leading magazines on which pages already some numbers are paid attention Heroes 6.

On it time is required and I don't know, whether it will be lawful, but I repeat — I can.

Also that is remarkable — «????????? ??????» — http://heroes.ag.ru/ — and its founder LaBoule is the main source of the information.

Kill its and Russian admirers remain without eyes and ears: (

Not a secret that Russian players have bought 1 250 000 license copies Heroes 5. And it 3 years ago!
http://www.liveinternet.ru/use...e_xaar/post91434148/ (http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/eugene_xaar/post91434148/)

And it in our country of pirates and torrents

Sorry for bad English

Elementalist.
01-01-2011, 03:39 AM
Oh I know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I consider the nature of the 5th faction obvious for a long time now, I could tell before I even set eyes on it. But here's my issue:

We've signed an NDA.
If you want to give a hint I can understand it but posting content partially or wholly is not allowed for obvious reasons.
Did he do it for the good of all heroes fans? No, to generate buzz in his own.
Without actually considering the effects this will have on his fellow insiders and the devs who shared confidential info.
Was the leak actually major? Nope. However..
We work based on trust, if that trust is gone then we serve no purpose and ubi cannot share info for us to give feedback.

But more importantly? A serious person would realize he made a mistake(which it wasn't since he's done it before) and apologize, to ubi who trusted him and us that will all pay if something happens. Instead he goes off to blame ubi's policy to gain favour with the fans http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif This is a loser's attitude, it was the bad weather, the rotten society, the evil capitalists, the invisible pink unicorn.

If it was only on good intentions I wouldn't make it such an issue. But it wasn't.

Eugene_Xaar
01-01-2011, 04:30 AM
?h! I seem too I know! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Has put probably not that it has arrived badly.
The matter is that many wanted so to arrive, but only he has dared.
Though having shown to players casually very small portraits of characters LaBoule hasn't made anything especially dangerous for Ubi.
It has only urged on our imagination, has again cleared interest.
And at all hasn't given out terrible secrets or the secret information.

SergeyL1988
01-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Poll results speak for themselves...

Dark-Whisperer
01-01-2011, 05:02 AM
As I said times and times again UBI or whoever is responsible for creating hype for this game is doing terrible, terrible (and I cant stress that enough) job. If the game is released now enormous part of gaming community wouldn't even know that this game is created. If leaking one screenshot so close to release is so bad I'm wandering about state of this game? Is it so unfinished that one screenshot can reveal its weaknesses? Only thing that that leaked screenshot did is revive this (un)dead community. Shame on UBI and their PR people!

Elementalist.
01-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Hey I'm surprised there were people who said yes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Xenofex_086
01-01-2011, 05:39 AM
I feel like I'm missing something important here. What has happened?

Valen-Teen
01-01-2011, 05:45 AM
I waited the present from Ubi for New Year or Christmas but I was very unhappy... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

ArchWarlock
01-01-2011, 05:56 AM
While I have no doubt that Ubi is great at creating games, their understanding of how human psychology works leaves me sad.
The information policy, which only angers the fans, is one thing. But there's another.
There always will be leaks, so they could do something to prevent them. Instead they just blindly trust and stick to their plan, so the possibility of a leak increases. Come to think of it, that simple trust actually looks somewhat childish, so they got what they deserved.
Seeng the results I hope they do make the right choice.

Shukfir
01-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Oops, I've chosen "Yes" instead of "No". It doesn't work correctly in Opera.

Xedin
01-01-2011, 06:26 AM
First - the coverage of Heroes 6 turned out to be the worst ever, with little info published, and don't tell me it's good marketing, so stop blaming LaBoule for keeping up interest for the game - if it were not for him, everyone would have already forgotten about this game, may be cheking on the status somwhat nearer to March.
Second, Elvin - who are you to blame LaBoule? Are you from ubi, or who gave you power to question what he has done? You are not the guardian of NDA, so stop playing naughty boy/girl (dunno who u r), please!

HeruvimDA
01-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Elvin

Did he do it for the good of all heroes fans? No, to generate buzz in his own.
Khm. Have you ever generate anything for ALL fans? Or maybe just for your "locals", huh? No answer needed.
Without actually considering the effects this will have on his fellow insiders and the devs who shared confidential info.
Excuse me, how may you call him a "fellow" after offenses like this: A serious person would realize he made a mistake... or even THIS - This is a loser's attitude... Nice, nuff said.
We work based on trust, if that trust is gone
No trust is gone. Only your accusations provoke others to think so. And if it IS gone... then it has never been here.

If it was only on good intentions I wouldn't make it such an issue. But it wasn't.
So... what kind of evil plans did he have? Please, share your thoughts, they are really fresh and interesting.

As for Ubi's policy, it's bad. No no, I mean too bad. Too little information, too primitive way to share it (except the Cyclop art, that video was bad for a video but really good for a presentation of a unit, so it was a good creative stuff I mean), too many words about nothing, too much silence while many explanations are necessary to make some things clear.

Ubi's policy should change.

As for LaBoule's punishment... It doesn't make sense. Too little information shown: who were those girls - nagas, sirens, mermaids, amazons, fairies, dryads or half-elves? Naga faction? Lake-girls faction? Glamour faction? Emo faction? Do we have a prophet who can just so easily say: "Oh hey, it spoiled mu interest! Those girls are <top secret>, there faction is <top secret>, racial ability - <top secret>. And all this good stuff I learned just from... that nice New Year Tree!" So...

I hope Ubi's know what they are doing, because the result of their actions towards one of the most respectable by Heroes fans man in Russia is so predictable...

Xenofex_086
01-01-2011, 06:52 AM
This is all about the "Christmas tree"?! There was almost nothing on it, just the portraits of a few (two or three, if I remember correctly) of the still unveiled (probably) creatures. What the hell makes this "harmful"?
And yes, Ubisoft's marketing approach when it comes to Heroes VI is a textbook example of what's NOT supposed to be done when you want to create hype. It's almost like they are deliberately trying to frustrate and alienate as many of the fans who are actually interested in the development as possible.

RanmaruRei
01-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Ubi should know they must present information more regularly. What we have know? Sometimes big silence, sometimes big news. I think better if small news, no silence. They can give information by small pieces and all will be glad. I think so.
22 December - Sandor
21 December - Drawing cyclop
16 December - 3 Stronghold creatures
3 December - Unit ranging
24 November - Glory
22 November - Breeder
19 November - Fate Spinner
18 November - Pristess
17 November - Maniac
12 November - Lamassu
10 November - Sun Rider
8 November - Succubus
5 November - Angel
3 November - Lacerator
2 November - Pit Fiend
So, November was good, but December was bad.

BeriadanL
01-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Finally. I was waiting this kind of poll or topic for about a month! And I hate how Ubihole is giving information to auditory. It sucks... They posted some video of lunar eclipse which has nothing to do with Heroes 6 game. Also the posted video from Games Live 2010 only about week later,when many already saw it. And earlier the posted pictures of some chicks. Their "new" FAQ's and Q&A's contain just rephrased old information and rarely contain some really new stuff. So they really suck at this one... I'm really disappointed in Ubihole,and I think that not only me

Destruction3402
01-01-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't really care about how frequent they post info about their game. I just want the game asap! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

kodial79
01-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Hey, it's their pockets they're hurting...

Without proper marketing, less people will buy their game. The lack of information, and failing to create a buzz around the game will result in poor sales.

Aleksey-Russia
01-01-2011, 09:03 AM
its really pitty that Ubi donate us-fans, people who will buy the game first, with such misery (small) portions.
no news for december actualy, all date we've got last month we have already had from official german web fall with creatures posted before official release. more over, Ubi can post even simple screenshots - for us its good - for them not even mistery loss.
more over we've got moonshade instead info... creatures renames etc - very very priceles... lol!
we just have to have info to compare previous parts of HOMM and MMH6.
give us more video of batles or map moves - its better than just think of that if you still full of secrets about the game you will rate it better and have more sales. fans are really disappointed of such low info. hope that Ubi can check and read our posts and more important - HEAR those fans! Happy New Year!

SwampLord450
01-01-2011, 12:06 PM
I do agree that Ubi could be doing a much better job promoting the game, but that doesn't excuse violating an NDA and breaching the trust of an insider forum.

An action like that could encourage Ubi to close down the insider forum itself, which would suck for everyone involved. Being allowed that degree of access to the game devs and then turning around and basically throwing it in their faces is just inexcusable.

Pitsu
01-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Elementalist.:
We work based on trust, if that trust is gone then we serve no purpose and ubi cannot share info for us to give feedback.

And thanks to your feedback the priestress got renamed to sister? Good job, gentlemen! If you have managed something more that the community is not yet aware, even better! Certainly some of you, including LaBoule, have much more achievements in the public community. And it would be a pity, if the best members of the community are lost because they cannot participate in public discussions anymore because of being afraid to say too much. Hence unless i know that the insiders have a say, i would not mind the group being dismissed, all fans having equal info and devs. communicating directly with the community. About trust i would add that when i think of people who i know to be insiders (plus the devs.) then i trust none of them wholly. Some i know too little, some are known to have weaknesses. Your talk was about trust between the devs and insider fans, but i would say that the trust of community should not be taken as granted either. In the lack of other info, most people of course have not much choice but to blindly trust their representatives. But if more people would start to see the insider fans only as Ubi lackeys, whose role is to create an illusion of fan-developer communication, then things get bad.

We've signed an NDA.
Agree here that doing something against what you have agreed with is not nice. Although i did not consider it a major leak either and was surprised how sharp the reaction was. IMO several more serious ones (including H5 development time) went with much less fuss.

Ygds11
01-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I think I am missing something here. I gather there was some leak, but I cannot find it. All good though, at least this may be a sign UBi has cleaned up the mess and I was just late.

Anyway, I really don't care how the game is promoted in Russia and western Europe. I don't live there and they are missing out on a huge fanbase by only directing their publicity to their more local crowds. Though I must admit I don't read gaming magazines. I must point out that this is the worst game homepage I have ever seen, in essence it is just a link to their facebook page, terrible. This is a company, designed to make money, and they are managing this project (web-wise at least) like its being made by a bunch of unpaid fanboys. I expect more from a corporate entity.

I could go on about how it's just stupid to post things like the eclipse video, and that the Igromir girls was just plain weird. Those sorts of things are supposed to punctuate an info release, not BE an info release. I'd rather that stuff not even be there, rather than buy time for the next actual info release.

In anycase, all I can say is I expect more, there is really nothing to sink my teeth into. The information is basically written in point form, rather than well thought out prose. Heck anybody read biology research papers? Even in that medium everything must be written in paragraphical prose format, when point form would actually be easier to manage. so why be lazy here? I'll tell you why, Ubi does not have alot of stake in this franchise. I can see the series dying altogether in another 3 years. Sure some new installments might come out, but without some really good presentation, this things gonna die, and I think Ubi is expecting it to.

Anyway it's had a good run.

Nxss
01-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Ygd; I have to disagree with you here. Just because there is not something new revealed everyday does not mean it will suck.

Personally, I don't think a game should even be announced until it as most three months away from release.

Marketing should be ramped up a month away and that is it.

HoMM will only die when people stop caring about the series and I just do not see that happening. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Elementalist.
01-01-2011, 02:34 PM
That's nice Pitsu, so we can basically take a hike for all you care just because you cannot see what we are doing. Trust? We just want a better game as fans for Pete's sake.

Thanks a lot.

Xenofex_086
01-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Nxss:

HoMM will only die when people stop caring about the series and I just do not see that happening. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Erm... no. HoMM as a brand will die when its owner - i.e. Ubisoft - decides that it is no longer profitable or competitive to the other projects of the company. The fears that the bad advertising could mean lowered interest in the franchise are a bit premature but not void of reason.

Dark-Whisperer
01-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Why UBI have chosen small group of fans to represent whole community? How those people deserved UBI's and our trust? Activity on forum? Their fan sites? Knowledge of the game? Its mechanics or lore? Why are they so competent to speak in my name? I didn't vote for any of them and don't even know who they are. They look to me as group of elitist especially after last Elvin's post. They are so sure that they are doing excellent job that rest of us shouldn't even bother to participate. We should just sit back and relax and wait for release - which should be perfect because of their input. Only people that said anything against notorious leak are members of that small group. And its understandable, they are afraid that trust between them and UBI is disturbed and they will receive no new content feed from them. Welcome to the club people! I understand that there is NDA and that chosen ones cant say anything to the community but that road of secrecy is just WRONG. People are starting to doubt entire franchise and its future, entire thing has been handled horribly wrong. Are leaks only way to new informations? And look how much hype has risen because of one screenshot and two creatures that may or may not be from fifth faction. That should give all of you people clue how hungry community is for some informations.

Ygds11
01-01-2011, 08:42 PM
nxss, I think you misunderstand me. The fact is the revealed content is not very dense. I expect there to be few releases of information, but I do expect that information to be better presented.

let me give you an example. Lets take a look at the starcraft 2 advertising campaign. The site was elaborate and had massive amounts of detailed information on units, factions, planets and various other miscellaneous information. On top of that they had fan art competitions and comic competitions. And all of this over a year before release!!

I don't think that game sold so well purely because of anticipation, it also sold well because the following was well supported, involved and sustained for a 9 year period so that sales were inevitably huge. What I am saying is a company gets what it pays for.

An example of a way they could improve their current release info, is to include unit animations. Even something that small is enough to keep everything moving. hire writers to write stories that take place int he mythology, so far I have seen no novels.

But I must most emphatically disagree with the notion of a 3 month preview for franchise games. Sure, for a stand alone game, yah sure. But for a franchise, something that has an established fan base should have fan contribution from the outset of production. Give the fans what they want, let them participate, if I were developing a game, unpaid anxious advice and meta-assistance would be more than welcome. It also allows for healthy criticism of early in development design, so things like graphics, and gameplay wingdings are done according to demand not personal preference.

I don't want something new everyday, I just want what we do get to be refined, well presented and more active.

And right now the homepage is a navigational nightmare. The information is hard to view without looking through the news posts,rather than having a discrete well designed page for each faction. I am no web designer, but I know they can do better. The information already provided could be much better presented, the current look is well...lazy.

Also about the franchise dieing, other franchises die because of a lack of interest, unsuccessful sales and lack of advertising. I really don't think I am premature in stating that it might die, and soon if this installment's advertising campaign does not improve. I could see this franchise becoming a Europe only release after this one, because to be honest nobody around here knows what it is. I could pull any bum off the street between the ages of 15 and 35 and ask him about "starcraft" or "command and conquer" or "WoW" and they would know what I am talking about. But HoMM...nope, no way, I have gotten more blank stares from people over the years than I can count. This game which really deserves a place among the greatest franchises is undeservedly unpopular.

I blame advertising, HoMM 3 a select few knew about, but now 14(+/-) years later, no casual gamer remembers it. What can be said for this one? Besides the dedicated few, this game is dieing, at least in Southern Alberta.

It needs new life, and it needs it now!!

I believe right now the staff is taking a well deserved brake, (christmas and all) and I really hope they come back in the new year ready to really show us what they are made of.

SwampLord450
01-01-2011, 11:52 PM
What I really wish Ubi had done was simply release a 1-2 minute gameplay video every couple of weeks; wouldn't have taken much time at all, but it would have been easy to do and would really have helped build and keep interest, I think.

Something to think about for future expansions, if they're reading this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Elementalist.
01-02-2011, 04:34 AM
@Dark-Whisperer
I think you misunderstand the situation. Firstly the fact that a number of us were invited means that we gave some good signs in our respective communities over the years but mostly that we were lucky. The assumption that we are the best of the best is silly, there are a lot of better players, lorekeepers and the like out there - forums or not - that just didn't happen to be picked. Secondly, those who were, are long time fans of the series and know its strengths and weaknesses. It is perfectly understandable that you may not know us if you have not visited the heroes communities but think about it, if YOU were an insider now someone else would be saying the things you do. What would you do in our position than try to help in the way you can? But I believe this criticism is directed on Ubi's policy and that's fair enough. Give them reason and they will listen.

kodial79
01-02-2011, 05:24 AM
In their official facebook page, there's button saying "Buy the Game", which links to the UbiShop page.

So, they want us to pre-order the game already. And I ask you this: What exactly are we buying?

Through the lack of information, the lack of updates and the failure to maintain interest, I don't pre-order anything.

Dark-Whisperer
01-02-2011, 06:03 AM
@Elvin
You are right, I'm not against idea that chosen group of fans can have impact on the game. I'm against secrecy surrounding it. As long time player and big fan I at least want to know what is changing in the game and in regular basis. I want to be able as part of large community to have a thing to say... to push game in right direction. I want to have informations, so I can voice my opinion. This isn't 1980's anymore when you had to buy finished game and later find out that you really don't like it. Above all I want to get great, finished successful game that will create profit for UBI and make players happy. But look at the official forum, only topics that are alive are Chuckles with appropriate name "let me pressure UBI to give some info" thread and this one, where people are saying that UBI's way of handling this game is wrong. I'm wandering who are the people handling promotion of this game. One look at the official site and this forum clearly shows how horrible and amateur is their way of handling once great game. All good and hard work by Black Hole people and you as fan insiders is destroyed by making community unhappy. I cannot believe that anyone can think that this is correct way to make people want to give cash for something. And look, ones who are loudest are ones that love this franchise the most. If I didn't care I would check this place once a month see that nothing has changed, search on google for release date to see if that changed and let things go. And about release date - it still says March 2011 when I search for it and thats around 2-2,5 months from now. How can anybody think that this is good situation for the game so close to release. Whole feel is that game is one big unfinished mess and there is nobody else to blame but UBI's PR people... And if game fails because of this it will be the end of franchise. And UBI cannot say that they weren't warned...

Xenofex_086
01-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Elementalist.:
Give them reason and they will listen. While I mostly agree with the things you said, I think we have no reason to believe that they will give a damn about our reasons. The "pathetic advertising" complaints started long before this thread and were pretty vocal on all the major forums but I can not see any improvement.

MillionVoices
01-02-2011, 06:25 AM
As every1 can see, UBI obviously doesnt do enough - even roughly viewed. It might be better to exchange the PR - Staff with 1 outa every Fan - Forum/Official-Forum and then it might go better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyways, it`d be the best to delay the release date (some months) and make a BETA for about 1 or 2 months. At the end, fans should vote on what is ok and what must be changed.
It `d be better to release the game in december and make it a really amazing game than makin a mess-game and fans hopin for the 5th add on.

znork
01-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Dark-Whisperer:

You are right, I'm not against idea that chosen group of fans can have impact on the game. I'm against secrecy surrounding it.

It was lest seecret this time then under h5. So if you have been around it was ferly well known there are even pics of us out there. And we do get more info since they want ouer feedback, that is the only seecret part of this. And well dont think there is any contryversy around the need for a nda.

But i sugest we keep focuse on the information policy.

Xenofex_086
01-02-2011, 07:10 AM
And we do get more info since they want ouer feedback, that is the only seecret part of this. Your feedback is supposedly valuable (we don't know this of course as there is no information about it, we can only hope that you're doing your best), but I think the point here is that the rest of the community - i.e. these more than 99% of us who are not insiders - are left in the dark. There could be hell of discussion happening in the background and you guys could be doing as much work as the devs themselves, but we don't know it. Just like we don't know almost anything else about the project 4+ months after its announcement and less than 3 months before the expected release of the game.

znork
01-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Xenofex_086:
Your feedback is supposedly valuable (we don't know this of course as there is no information about it, we can only hope that you're doing your best), but I think the point here is that the rest of the community - i.e. these more than 99% of us who are not insiders - are left in the dark. There could be hell of discussion happening in the background and you guys could be doing as much work as the devs themselves, but we don't know it. Just like we don't know almost anything else about the project 4+ months after its announcement and less than 3 months before the expected release of the game.

Yes that is how it is.

But is you disafgreement that there som fans that get to do more for the game? Or that there is the marketig stratgey is not to youre liking?

The first debate is for an other thread. The scond debate is for this thread.

kodial79
01-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Well said, Xenofex. This describes the situation we are in, perfectly. We know almost nothing about what's being done and we don't like this. This is driving us away. Look at the official forums here, for example. They are dead and rotting, and all that's being discussed, is arguments such as this. And why should anyone visit the forums where there's absolutely nothing to talk about?

Dark-Whisperer
01-02-2011, 08:30 AM
@Znork

This tread is about UBI's informational policy... How they distribute informations and how are they used. If small group is fed with informations that rest has no access to and they represent entire community I want at least feedback. If u are saying to UBI what I want and speak in my name too - I for sure want to know what your input was. Maybe you and rest of inner circle doing great job, maybe you are doing terrible - I JUST DON'T KNOW. And I don't like it... At all. Thats not the way informations should be handled this far in development process. At final stages much more people should be involved - either making series of closed betas and then open beta or giving more informations to all people and listening what they are saying. Right now I feel like I'm screaming to ear of deaf bus driver that is driving us over the cliff...

znork
01-02-2011, 08:52 AM
The group of fans are not part of the information policy dont confuse that. That you dont like this group is youre right but i dont see the relevanc to talk aobut it in this thread.

I can feel youre pain knowing that there is information and you not getting it. And knowing that som are in "the know". There is nothing that can be said about that. You can take som soluse that ubi obvisuly wants feedback. But again that has nothing to withe this topic.

I know this realy dosent help you feel any bether. But the fackt that som us are posting shoul show you that we care.

Dark-Whisperer
01-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Eh, Znork, its not that I don't like you or group that has impact on the game. I was there when you made pol and later site against starforce for Heroes V and it worked - they abandoned it besouse of the fans. I know who Chuckles is, Oakwarrior, Xenofex, Unreal_az, Justice, Alderbranch... I was there all the way for Heroes V. And why I didn't complain then - because I had something new every week to talk and discuss about. Remember that community made manual that was later approved by UBI and released with TOTE. Fans stood behind Heroes V, it felt like its our game and that we could voice our opinion just about anything. It wasn't perfect but it was good enough to keep faith in franchise. This time its not like that...

Oakwarrior
01-02-2011, 09:19 AM
I JUST DON'T KNOW

So what?

What goes on behind closed doors and a signed contract is none of your business anyway, sorry, but it's true.

If you have trouble with this, send in a complaint.

Meanwhile you should start thinking less about you not knowing about things and more about what you do want to know in the future. That'd actually be helpful to everybody.

Also - yay new post from you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Time to EDIT:
I'd say it was worse for H5 in the beginning, honestly.
It's not a whole lot better now, but it's better, I'd say - on the whole I mean.

Xenofex_086
01-02-2011, 09:27 AM
znork, I don't think anybody objects against the existence of the insiders as such. Of course it's far better and more reassuring to have some players involved in the development than to leave it all to the designers and hope they'll make a good game. But we don't know what you are doing. We don't know what Black Hole are doing. All we know is what Ubisoft are NOT doing. Although we can trust community members more than the producers because they (and I mean you) should care much more about the game itself than about the profits that it will generate, when it comes to information your work is exactly as mysterious to us as the dev's. It makes a little difference for us that there is someone to represent us when he/she's not allowed to share even a tiny bit of what he/she knows.

kodial79
01-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Oakwarrior:

So what?

What goes on behind closed doors and a signed contract is none of your business anyway, sorry, but it's true.

If it's not our business knowing what's being done about a game that they want to sell to us, then we could just as well move on to another game. If they will not keep us interested in their game, they will lose us. Is this so hard to understand?

znork
01-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Just to point out xenofex youll never know what is gooing on beteween the fans and the devs you might never know, that is a internal.

So foucus on what you think of ubis polecy. But rember that this are real people working trying to make an good game as posibel.

He who asks nicly might recivehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dreamwright
01-02-2011, 09:49 AM
About trust i would add that when i think of people who i know to be insiders (plus the devs.) then i trust none of them wholly.

They look to me as group of elitist especially after last Elvin's post.

I'm deeply sorry to hear that, and if my actions have ever been untrustworthy or elitist then I can only apologise strongly. By no means am I the finest Might and Magic fan or player, but I accepted the invitation anyway to help ensure that my part of the fanbase (Age of Heroes) is represented. If the Age of Heroes posters decide even on a whim that they have no trust in me, I'll leave the forum.

I wish I could tell you everything I know about this game and leak all the stuff I like. What I can and can't tell you isn't my decision, and I'm not going to leak content on top of everything else, risking trust in the fanbase and jeopardising any input in what is coming up in the future.

I'll also be the last person to disagree that the communication policy is far from adequate. Could anyone possibly disagree? I've been worried about it from the beginning and will only express it more strongly. I don't know if there will be improvement, but don't you believe any one of us is being deluded or silenced into thinking it needs no attention. Doesn't work like that.

Oakwarrior
01-02-2011, 09:54 AM
If it's not our business knowing what's being done about a game that they want to sell to us, then we could just as well move on to another game. If they will not keep us interested in their game, they will lose us. Is this so hard to understand?

It starts to be your business when it leaves the boundaries of the NDA that binds us - when Ubisoft decides it is time to release the information. Yes, I would like for it to be released more consistently too, but that's not our choice, it's theirs. The least I, or you, can do, is to reflect on what could be done better, and bring it to their attention. That's pretty much it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xenofex_086
01-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by znork:
Just to point out xenofex youll never know what is gooing on beteween the fans and the devs you might never know, that is a internal. I don't want to know what's going on between the devs and the insiders, you misunderstand me. I'm saying that, at the moment, you are the only people from the community who actually know something but you are not allowed to share it with us. With the informational blackout imposed by Ubisoft, all we have is the hope that you can adequately speak for all of us in accordance with the information provided to you. Your involvement is not an issue at all, the lack of updates from Ubisoft (and that includes the lack of permissions for you to provide us with information or even hints) is what we don't like.

kodial79
01-02-2011, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If it's not our business knowing what's being done about a game that they want to sell to us, then we could just as well move on to another game. If they will not keep us interested in their game, they will lose us. Is this so hard to understand?

It starts to be your business when it leaves the boundaries of the NDA that binds us - when Ubisoft decides it is time to release the information. Yes, I would like for it to be released more consistently too, but that's not our choice, it's theirs. The least I, or you, can do, is to reflect on what could be done better, and bring it to their attention. That's pretty much it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what we are doing here right now, isn't it? We're complaining on the lack of updates, news, and information. We are saying that if one thing should be done better and in the long run better for the game's development too, is a more friendly information policy. Besides, it's not like we have too much of anything else to say, since we know so few about what's being decided. In the end of it all, it doesn't require that much effort to keep us updated with tidbits of news and information in a more regular basis, and I don't see how that would hurt them either.

Dark-Whisperer
01-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Ok, I really didn't want this to happen. It seams that there are insider fans on one side and few of us speaking from community side against each other. Its wrong. I'm not jealous I'm not getting your amount of informations or input, I'm sad that we aren't getting any. I'm not against any of you guys, I'm against UBI's silent treatment. And about elitism - look at Oakwarrior's posts... Things like "Its none of your business" or "send a complaint" are just uncalled for. I really didn't want to create gap between us as fans - and I don't really care that some of you were selected to help UBI - we all came from same side - community side. If I say that UBI made mistake and so close to release still communicates with so small group of people representing fans, and that rest of people doesn't even know what parts of the game are refined, that doesn't mean I'm talking against insiders - I'm talking against UBI's WRONG manner of handling important information.

Dark-Whisperer
01-02-2011, 10:18 AM
And another thing Oak... How can I even think what can be done better or different when I don't have basic information in first place. I can fantasize and wish for unrealistic things to be added - and really 3 months before release to ask something without any chance to be incorporated is just stupid.

znork
01-02-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't want to know what's going on between the devs and the insiders, you misunderstand me. I'm saying that, at the moment, you are the only people from the community who actually know something but you are not allowed to share it with us. With the informational blackout imposed by Ubisoft, all we have is the hope that you can adequately speak for all of us in accordance with the information provided to you. Your involvement is not an issue at all, the lack of updates from Ubisoft (and that includes the lack of permissions for you to provide us with information or even hints) is what we don't like.

good to her. Now go ask ubi for som infohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BTOG46
01-02-2011, 10:20 AM
you are the only people from the community who actually know something but you are not allowed to share it with us. With the informational blackout imposed by Ubisoft, all we have is the hope that you can adequately speak for all of us in accordance with the information provided to you. Your involvement is not an issue at all, the lack of updates from Ubisoft (and that includes the lack of permissions for you to provide us with information or even hints) is what we don't like.

I'm not part of the group, but I have been under Ubisoft NDA's for other games, and been given information by Ubi staff in the past, so I know the limitations placed on them.

Some of them are friends I've had on these forums for years, I chat to them on msn, and they respect the NDA enough to not reveal anything to me even in private, and I respect them for that.

<sub>what makes it worse for me, is that I can see the damned secret forum in my admin controls, but I can't get in</sub>..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

So can we move on from the talk about the group, and stick to the way Ubi handles publicity and info about the game please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Oakwarrior
01-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Things like "Its none of your business" or "send a complaint" are just uncalled for.

Sorry - I didn't try to sound elitist or anything, just to blatantly say how things are. I could have said it nicer, definitely, but my point wouldn't have made the same impact http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And another thing Oak...

I believe this is what we're starting to discuss now, quoting BTOG
So can we move on from the talk about the group, and stick to the way Ubi handles publicity and info about the game please.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dark-Whisperer
01-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
So can we move on from the talk about the group, and stick to the way Ubi handles publicity and info about the game please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ok.
UBI's information policy sucks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

kodial79
01-02-2011, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:

Ok.
UBI's information policy sucks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a nutshell. XD

I already said in my last post, that the only thing we, as community members can do to help improve the game, is complain about the information policy.

Cause other than that, we don't know anything much about what's being done to discuss and offer our feedback.

When they reveal something, it's already done and it's over. There's no changing to it, unless it's something of little or no importance such as the names for certain units.

We ask this of Ubisoft as a first step. Change their information policy. More and frequent, regular updates, and if there's still time to ask our opinion about what we would like to see in the game, that's gonna be nice too. If they want feedback like they say they do, it's logical to keep us informed.

SwampLord450
01-02-2011, 12:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And we do get more info since they want ouer feedback, that is the only seecret part of this. Your feedback is supposedly valuable (we don't know this of course as there is no information about it, we can only hope that you're doing your best), but I think the point here is that the rest of the community - i.e. these more than 99% of us who are not insiders - are left in the dark. There could be hell of discussion happening in the background and you guys could be doing as much work as the devs themselves, but we don't know it. Just like we don't know almost anything else about the project 4+ months after its announcement and less than 3 months before the expected release of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking as a fan, I'm perfectly okay with not knowing everything going on on the insider forums. At least on HC, Elvin and Cepheus do a good job of keeping us appraised about what happens there when they can, and I can accept that things go on there that they aren't allowed to share. This isn't really a concern for me.

What concerns me a bit is that there hasn't exactly been a dearth of information from Ubihole.

However, that doesn't excuse the OP making this thread to attempt to gain support for his flagrant violation of Black Hole's trust and the NDA.

Pitsu
01-02-2011, 01:16 PM
The answer to original topic question is quite clear, so if we cannot beat fellow members what it is here to argue about? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And I hope Dreamwright/Corlagon/Cepheus did not take my words toooo personally.

Anyway when talking about the info release, i do understand that it is largely decided by some PR people who are "taking care" of all Ubi marketing and who have little personal involvement in H6. And that the dev. have always have to be ready to generate exclusive material for a magazine or whatever in a very limited time. Yet are there not details that are hardly any interest for a magazine or "casual buyer"? For instance damage calculation equations, amount of xp required for levelup and those kind of things. It would certainly be more fun to get spells, artifacts and adventure map structures one by one, but if they all (!!) are reserved for someone unknown, then even the math and dry numbers could be something to argue about. Or is it just me? Oh, and really, if one lists all creatures, spells, skills, adventure map + town structures, special effects of weeks, hero specialties, basics of the editor and modding etc. there should be more than enough for weekly news and exclusive material for special cases.

Xenofex_086
01-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Now go ask ubi for som infohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Gladly, but how? And how much T.N.T. do I have to bring with me to receive proper treatment from them?

So can we move on from the talk about the group, and stick to the way Ubi handles publicity and info about the game please. That's what we are doing for some time now. The insiders are part of the whole thing because of the ridiculous levels of secrecy which at this point reduces their informational role to some messengers who are not allowed to deliver messages. And I am not speaking about NDA breaches here, but about the very limited freedom they are given to provide us with pseudo-information like the already notorious "Christmas tree". That's part of the policy as well. If it goes on like this, I'd better start looking for info about the game on Wikileaks.

Alderbranchh
01-02-2011, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:

Now go ask ubi for som infohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Gladly, but how? And how much T.N.T. do I have to bring with me to receive proper treatment from them?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Id say the same way they try to market their game. Facebook seems to be one of their most important forums to post material. Use that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Its free, its easy and there can be a Save Heroes VI from ubisoft -group made in a matter of minutes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Xenofex_086: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> So can we move on from the talk about the group, and stick to the way Ubi handles publicity and info about the game please. That's what we are doing for some time now. The insiders are part of the whole thing because of the ridiculous levels of secrecy which at this point reduces their informational role to some messengers who are not allowed to deliver messages. And I am not speaking about NDA breaches here, but about the very limited freedom they are given to provide us with pseudo-information like the already notorious "Christmas tree". That's part of the policy as well. If it goes on like this, I'd better start looking for info about the game on Wikileaks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMFAO http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Yeah wikileaks could possibly make this happen but lets keep them out of this eh?
Still id say that it bothers the select group we are talking about even more than it bothers you that the information isnt shared in a more forthcoming manner.

Xenofex_086
01-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Id say the same way they try to market their game. Facebook seems to be one of their most important forums to post material. Use that. Erm... no thanks. No Facebook, Twitter and the other "social networks" for me. I may be too old-fashioned, but I think that ye olde forum is just as good for keeping the fans informed as these... things. This topic is an implicit shout "give us something!", but if starting a new one just to make this shout explicit is all that is needed, I'll gladly do it. They said that they are reading these boards.

Still id say that it bothers the select group we are talking about even more than it bothers you that the information isnt shared in a more forthcoming manner.
I'm not arguing about this, nor about their commitment.

Dreamwright
01-02-2011, 02:04 PM
And I hope Dreamwright/Corlagon/Cepheus did not take my words toooo personally.

Everyone knows that any elitist worth their salt needs to have a hyper-sensitive side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Gladly, but how? And how much T.N.T. do I have to bring with me to receive proper treatment from them?

I think the action that motivated this thread's existence was more than enough TNT. Just give it some time.

Oakwarrior
01-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I think the action that motivated this thread's existence was more than enough TNT. Just give it some time.

The TNT was there before, actually http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Dark-Whisperer
01-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by SwampLord450:
Speaking as a fan, I'm perfectly okay with not knowing everything going on on the insider forums. At least on HC, Elvin and Cepheus do a good job of keeping us appraised about what happens there when they can, and I can accept that things go on there that they aren't allowed to share. This isn't really a concern for me.

I agree that rest of community doesn't have to know everything that goes on insiders forum... Hell, I don't need to know anything from that forum. What bothers me is that Elvin and Dreamwright have to deliver news to us instead of some official representative.

To UBI.

Look at the official site. PLEASE look at it. There are 15 screenshots 3 months old and 2 videos (one of those is trailer that plays above anyway). If you want more informations you have to dig through the mess below. How can anybody be fine with it? How can anybody say that this site is suited for this game?

If I was new player and somehow found out about Heroes VI what kind of impression that site would leave? Amateur... cheap... unfinished.

Why would anybody beside hardcore fan go to any other site except official one in search for news?

Even if you really want to know about the game and check some of fan sites:
Everything we know can be found on Heroes Community site on 1 page... all three and a half factions, both bosses. And don't forget Q&A with - "I can't tell you that now" answers. Overwhelming amount on informations... just sickening.

Gameplay videos? Two 1 minute low quality videos on youtube... Oh, cmon people!!!

And again there is just 2,5 months left before release of the game... How that could happen?

Look at the number of people lurking on official site or forum. Its nowhere near some other highly anticipated games.

How can you expect to sell this game in reasonable amount when you do almost nothing to create hype. If you don't show respect for your own product and your hard work what can we expect of that product? How can we believe that there will be Heroes VII after this? And believe me I want Heroes VII and VIII and... do you catch my drift?

From my point of view this franchise is grossly underestimated by UBI. Shame!

SwampLord450
01-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I agree that the lack of videos is particularly disturbing. Given that they've made such sweeping changes to the classic formula, I would really like to see how those changes play out in-game. A few short gameplay videos would go a long way, Ubi. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RanmaruRei
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Yes-yes. Ubi can give us more and more HQ gameplay videos, and we will analyze the game, and we will say our opinon. Heroes is the big game. See to the fan guide for Heroes 5. 350 pages. If give 1 page information per each day... It's a year. Some fans started to make guide for H6. And what we see? 5 or 7 pages, and half of each is a blank space.?So it shouldn't be. I think so.

Jason_Anderson
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
The lack of information can only be interpreted in one of two ways.

1) It's a dud. Like a movie the producers know will bomb at the box office, they release as little information as possible prior to release so that it won't build up a negative image. That way at least some people will see it not knowing how bad it is.

2) It's been cancelled. All we've gotten is some artwork and a few screenshots that look like a mod of Heroes 5. The execs at Ubi may have already decided to cut their losses and not bring to market. The devs at Black Hole probably don't even know their work won't be released.

KingImp
01-02-2011, 11:44 PM
I have to say I do miss the days of Fabrice and his updates. Granted, they were far and few in between, but at least he took the time to show up and interact with the community. Where is the Ubi team or even the Black Hole team now?

Like I said over at HC, all the factions and the creatures were revealed and an open beta was underway 4 months before the release of Heroes 5. Here we are supposedly 2 months from the Heroes 6 release and we still don't know all the faction info and for all we know a closed beta hasn't even started. It's time for them to get on the ball and start communicating more with the community themselves. The insiders have had their time, so this close to release it's time for the rest of us get to offer our 2 cents as well? You'll gain much more insight and constructive criticism from the whole than you will a few select individuals.

Ygds11
01-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Wow, am I the only one seeing whats going on here?

This thread is the most lively thing around here in weeks. I think we're playing into a trap!

They have starved us of information for just long enough now to make us mad. As a result people are talking again. They are building interest in the game, just not in the way we would like. They're probably all sitting around watching this right now, laughing till their guts bust up knowing we are doing exactly what they are expecting. They are testing to see how interested we really are. They know very well ticking people off is enough to get everyones attention. Pure advertising genius......if true.

Personally I think the release date is a fallacy. there is no way all the bugs, script translations, and general problems could be solved without a closed beta well underway.

But I must say I am pleased by the content of what we have received, but as I mentioned before I think presentation is the key. i respect that right now is close to new years, I hope the devs are on vacation, everyone needs vacation, I'll be taking another one in February. But I also believe is hard core work otherwise. i do not doubt that the devs are working hard. In fact if the release date is not a fallacy, then they ought to be working in sweatshop conditions, 25hr days and 8 day weeks.

So we have two ways of looking at recent events (or lack thereof).

1. UBIHole is playing us like a fiddle and is about to release the greatest game in the series

OR

2. UBIHole is playing the franchise like a fiddle (the kind that is old and broken, in need of repair, and badly tuned) and we are set to get the news that this game is being put on the shelf till and undisclosed date.

I must say however, that we need to be nice to the company to a certain degree, they have this franchise quite literally by it's soul, if they so choose, they can destroy it and never sell anyone else the rights. Thus ending the series. If we want to see this game at all we might want to have a less antagonistic attitude regarding publicity, myself included.

Sure I hate the website with a passion, but lets look at the positive. Our mediators are our own, they have been involved with the game for some time and from their written posts it sounds like they have a good handle on the community mindset. I have faith in them. Especially Chuckles. I probably visited that guys site more than any of the others, for it's ease of use and that fact that it was in english.

If UBi wants to know what sort of webpage they should have for their new installment, look at the Genies Lamp. Easy to navigate, well indexed, and most of all concise.

I hope more stuff is forthcoming in the next week or so, but for now i am just glad to see people interested enough to get angry.

kodial79
01-03-2011, 01:50 AM
Oh you've got to be kidding! Testing us by ****ing us off? What do you think this is? Some kind of government top secret social experiment? Heh...

First and foremost, what makes such a test worthwhile when we're talking about a couple dozens forum visitors and even fewer posters, and then even fewer caring enough to rant about it?

Probably, the truth behind the lack of information lies on some shady deals that Ubi must have made with some sites and magazines to exclusively get the updates and news first. It's all about money making in the end. Said zines slipped some coins in Ubi's pockets, and Ubi will give them their updates on the agreed date. Probably they're all Russian too.

And I really, really, really do hope that the game will not be released in March but much later, so the devs got more time to work on it; but I don't see it happening. Once a release date is set, it's like a rule cast in stone.

So what is this then? Some sort of blackmail? Be nice to Ubi or they drop the game? It's their loss, not mine. There are other games out there. They can drop it if they want and kill it right now, it's much more prefferable than killing it slowly. Here's how it is: We got the money, they got the game. No one has power over the other. If they deliver no game, they will get no money and that's all there's to it.

Xenofex_086
01-03-2011, 01:59 AM
I must say however, that we need to be nice to the company to a certain degree, they have this franchise quite literally by it's soul, if they so choose, they can destroy it and never sell anyone else the rights. Thus ending the series. If we want to see this game at all we might want to have a less antagonistic attitude regarding publicity, myself included. You can't be serious - we are supposed to be "nice" to them when eventually we will give them our money for this game? Just to make sure that some high-ranking manager isn't too touchy and may get offended and kill the series? The market just does not work like this - they make the game because they expect some profit from it and all the ranting and offenses in the world won't stop them from making one more game if this one sells well. The customer is the greatest pain in the a$$ you can imagine (believe me, I work with customers myself), but as long as he pays, he is tolerable. The real discussion (actually speculation mostly) here could be about the economical value of Heroes VI in the eyes of Ubisoft but not about how we should be behaving.
And I don't think they are doing all this on purpose - people are complaining about the lack of information for months and this topic is just one of the many manifestations of these complaints.

mcgslo
01-03-2011, 02:15 AM
guys you are overrecting... (my opinion ofcourse)...

There is third posibility... that this game will be masterpiece... and if so, less we know better the game will be (exploring the game wise)... its nothing worse than trying beta and it leaves you bitter taste on the game... i hate to try semi-half finished product

Ygds11
01-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Kodial and Xenofex, well done.....and yet not so well done. On one hand you two can tell a joke when you see it (About Ubi getting offended that is), on the other hand you also upheld the ridiculousness of my last post. both of you proved easily manipulatable and only within 1 hr.

This just proves that high emotion and heated discussion only makes us more pliable in the corporate hands that are Ubisoft. I was able with some very mild devil's advocate writing provoke a pair of very heated responses from the both of you (which I anticipated). this demostrates that we are all quite capable of being manipulated.

Perhaps I am overthinking it, but I know that if one wants to accomplish a goal, one must have a plan. I believe Ubisoft is successful because of good planning. If they did sign over exclusive deals with russian videogame magazines then it stands to reason that (knowing about this website as a necessity) was also planned with a release schedule.

If the game is truly to be released in March then the current release schedule was set in stone some time ago. Press releases cannot be trusted, they are designed by experts to promote only what the company wishes to be heard. This is not conspiracy theory, it's business.

We are currently in their, "create anticipation by withdrawl of information" phase, which was developed to coincide with the planned release schedule.

I have been manipulated enough times in my life to realize when it is happening. Manipulation of the consumer is one of the hallmarks of a capitalist economy. it is no different here. Never become deluded into thinking you are free of manipulation. They are always working with carefully laid out plans on how to direct their business.

With all this said I of course know nothing, I merely putting forth the idea that perhaps this little thread is a manipulative ploy. The leak (which I cannot find anywhere), while perhaps unplanned is being used. From what I can gather, these complaints are not just endemic here, but throughout the community at large.

This shows a concerted effort. A successful business is almost always well-versed in human reasoning and reaction (I know cue captain obvious); as a result the predictable patterns of the mob of consumers is coldly and logically processed and far be it for us to expect anything less.

As dedicated consumers, our responsibility is to recognize and thwart such manipulation. I am currently falling far short of this.

I have just typed two posts at the early hours of the morning (mostly due to boredom) on a thread which is currently one of many being utilized as a platform to build emotional tension between the consumers and the producers, one that will result in the monumental increase in desire for the information we will no doubt receive in piecemeal over the next few months. Therefore I have contributed to their designs merely by becoming concerned over the games development.

In the end it's all just business.

Garabonce
01-03-2011, 03:10 AM
"We are currently in their, "create anticipation by withdrawl of information" phase..."

This strategy really sucks then, isn't it?
Around 60people gave a vote, and at maximum20 active member on the whole forum.

I doubt that they "laughing till their guts bust up", seeing this emptiness. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I don't even know, what made you think that.

What I do know however, is that people used to keep such things in gravely secret, what they're ashamed of.

Xenofex_086
01-03-2011, 03:31 AM
Ygds11, I really don't think that it's as complicated as you are describing it and I can't see how pointing some ridiculous parts of your posts is proving me as susceptible to manipulation. There is no grand conspiracy, there is no evil genius behind all this, they are not laughing their pants off because they are most likely still trying to overcome the New Year hangover as most of the people. I work in a medium-sized company and can see how one product is being marketed and that it is never as straight-forward and unfailing process as one might think. The people responsible for the marketing make mistakes, can be lazy, short-sighted and even stupid. The result rarely matches the expectations. Imagine this - they are humans! Not some super-beings with a Mentat training, superior intelligence and unfathomable capabilities to make something without (seemingly) making it. You are just trying too hard to explain something simple. It just sounds like "the aliens built the Pyramids and everybody's too blind to see it". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif What we have so far is a successful generation of frustration. If they are doing it on purpose - too bad for them.

kodial79
01-03-2011, 03:45 AM
Save your conspirancy theories for the American politics.

Create anticipation by withdrawal of information? Are you crazy? Heh... What kind of anticipation are we talking about and how withdrawal of information will help when the fact that a new game is coming out still remains largely unknown and what's worse, the majority of people who know about it, they don't care and aren't interested to buy the game?

Didn't you read my last post? Let me repeat myself: There's only a couple dozens of us here and other forums. It's a given that we are interested already, which is something you can't say for sure about the rest. There's no need for such plots and manipulation, and Ubisoft doesn't do anything like that. It's like I told you, they're making deals with zines and sites to get the updates first for the right price. Then they could as well get some hype going but the whole thing is a failure since we're so close to releasing the game. That's why Ubisoft reacts to the leak, because it won't be so new when the zines gonna reveal it.

I'm gonna buy the game (eventually...), you're gonna buy it, Xenofex is gonna buy it. But your average Joe who visited their official page, saw nothing and left, never visited any fansite's forums and maybe checked this forum once saw no activity and never bothered to come again, will not buy the game. It's natural to be concerned to see our favorite game series to be so badly underestimated by the publishers. Ubisoft is one of the biggest companies in the industry and they got what it takes to make the game big again, without having to use tactics such as "withdrawal of information to create anticipation", but they simply don't care.

Besides, you and I and everyone else here would be posting just as much as we do now if they were updating us with news in a more regular basis. We'd be posting as frequently to discuss and argue about the news and information we receive, as we do now to rant the lack thereof. So really, what you're saying is of no relevance.

dc84
01-03-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm from Russia, from Russian forum. Mister Labole doesn't give as something new by his Christmass tree. Don't bite him.

Your information politics is stupid. It is like a bowl full of rotten potatoes.

I want to see game info and what I see ?

- I see girl photos
- I see moon videos
- I see your restaurant photo

And we need to wait and hope you born two new photos per a week in the best way.

I see photos and I think you are creating better game than Nival had created ( Heroes V ). But Nival had the better info politic.

On my job I have only one good thing. It is to come at your site and wait news about my favorite game. And I need to wait and hope that today is that day you born 1 poor new photo.

When I came at your site I don't need :
- info about food
- info about restarant you meet the fans
- info about moon
- info about animals
- info about girls
- porn
- chipls you like

I have a birtday at 18 jan. Please give 5th fraction before my birthday.

I buy your game anywhere, but whhat is reason to hide information I can't uderstand.

Garabonce
01-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Dont forget the shiny concept arts!
Which are, well.. I also can draw anything you want.

3months before release HQ Ingame pics about those units would be more appropriate, me thinks.

Justice
01-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Alderbranchh:

Id say the same way they try to market their game. Facebook seems to be one of their most important forums to post material. Use that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I like Facebook for keeping up to date with friends. For advertising games it isn't exactly the best venue I have seen. The updates quickly get lost (most people get status updates from 200+ friends as well as groups), it is difficult to get a good overview and you really can't interact all that much. It's just comments like "Yay!", "Where are my Titans?" and "Click on my profile to see hot lesbian chicks!".

Facebook is great for building anticipation and catching the attention of people, but then you have to have another place to direct the attention and anticipation to.

If they really plan to release the game in March I'd say it's too late to begin a serious info campaign now. There is no hype, no real anticipation, nothing to discuss... We're just adopting a "wait and see" stance rather than getting involved with ideas and attracting new players.

However, on the chance that March isn't the final release date (still waiting for my invitation to a closed beta, so it has to be later - right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif ), my ideal information campaign would involve:

A nice looking and inviting official webpage which collects and presents all the information on the game and gets at least small updates weakly, big ones monthly.

An inviting official forum where the developers (or someone posing as a developer) actually participate and comment on ideas. Doesn't have to be each day, but so long as we see they actually are here we won't feel left out.

A webpage somewhat similar to the Disciples of Sareth (?) one for Dark Messiah. Contests for the fans, writing, drawing, proving you know your Might and Magic lore, giving "special" information and the chance to shape Q&A's for the Devs, earning your beta keys, getting your name in the credits... Stuff like that. A simple writing contest which at least would get me interested in participating would be writing background stories for heroes or family members of important families. Nice way to give a bit of information on the families/surroundings of a hero and then letting the fans write stories which fit to that information.

And of course way more videos, Q&As which notice there is an "A" part to a Q&A and since some fans have better access to the Devs than others, it would be nice if the rest of us every now and then got to see a video clip illustrating how those fans influenced some decisions.

kodial79
01-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Speaking of insiders having better access to the devs than us, I would like to ask any insider reading this thread now: What do the Ubihole guys say about this whole thing? The leak, the rants on the lack of news and proper official site? Does it get to them at all or are they too high and mighty to notice it? More importantly: What are they waiting for to reveal anything? Since they're not about to say what's in the news store for us, fine, but why? Or is that a super secret too? Kinda like... Q: Why isn't any news being revealed? A: We'll talk about that later.

Dark-Whisperer
01-03-2011, 09:23 AM
I really don't see how lack of information can be good marketing. If this game doesn't attract new players entire series is doomed. Anyone must see this. As I said and later Kodial, most of us here will buy game anyway. People who bother to raise their voice care most about the game. I'm not ranting here because I want game to fail. Its quite opposite - I want it to be extreme success. And way to do it is to make it feel its our, community game... that we have something to say about it, to exchange opinions to discuss various aspect of it... to be involved. And how can we feel involved without any proper information. There is tension because some of us feel that time is running out and that PR people are doing nothing. And nothing in its purest form, ignoring largest part of fan community. And ignoring us IMHO is big mistake.

Lostinkorea.Ru
01-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Greetings.
Well as for me the "Leak" about what U are talking about is not a leak actually. Some faces was added on a X-mas tree. Who cares? What kind of information we can take from it? Blue skin heroes? Some guy like Avatar!? =)
No any comments were there under the tree. Later this image was deleted! For me still no information about 5th fraction: creatures (core, elite..), features, abilities, names... nothing! Moreover, who's insiders? They are representatives of gamers society, am I wrong? Why they have exclusive info & didn't share it with others?Because of NDA? What for we need insiders if they can't share with us information? We haven't enough (lack) of info from Ubi, why? They made a Cost Down by dismissing PR-Dept. Official side let me say more dead than alive!It's too pathetic!

To: UBI
How U have a plan sell out MMH6? W/o any advertisement, w/o enough info for Your products?
What about open Beta-test? Not 2 weeks before off. release like it was with 2nd addon (Tribes) LOL. IMO we need open Beta for polishing balance & bug fixing. You (UBI) can surf at officials forums to collect bugs & safe money for X-tra patches & hot-fixes..

Dark-Whisperer
01-03-2011, 10:13 AM
@Lostinkorea.ru

Insiders are members of community selected by UBI to help them make better game by giving them fan input. They are bound by NDA and cannot share informations they get from UBI to community. Thats good part. Bad part is that UBI doesn't share any info with rest of community making us starving for information. In that environment people welcome NDA leaks. At this point if one of insiders made 30 min gameplay video showing rest of us every aspect of the game most of people wouldn't condemn such behavior. And it shouldn't be like that. In information rich and satisfied community there would be no need for leaks or at least such behavior wouldn't be approved. And UBI is only one to blame for creating this kind of environment.

Lostinkorea.Ru
01-03-2011, 10:55 AM
@Dark-Whisperer

For these needs we have Wish Lists at every forum! Do U really believe what UBI persons read it?
How many insiders were selected? I guess less than 100 even 50! Do U really believe what that minor quantity of selected peoples can really make bestseller?
If they really want to do it they (Ubi) should broke stereotypes in all series. Luckily, they did something already (which was announced) & for me i found it very interesting such as less minerals etc. In case of fractions situation are the same: from part to the part the same fractions: elves, mages. All epic battles on the ground what about sea? To pick up damn beacons & chests, boring! We need sea castle with bloodthirsty neutral creatures. In that case sea voyage will be not so safe.
In This situation with <STRIKE>Wiki</STRIKE> Ubileaks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifall fault is under Ubi. I think you have information "hunger" like millions of us.

Ygds11
01-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Listen I really did not want to become the most hated person right now. And calling me crazy, making fun of me, uh whatever. What I suggested was far from conspiracy and james bond type masterminding. It's cold hard business. Emotions are a tool. I know from personal experience that heightened emotions (either negative or positive) make for good sales. It's all in how you use it. Also pleasing the angry is the best way to use anger. Getting people angry at something even yourself, and then giving those people something they really want, in amounts not anticipated, works really really well. Now i realize there are only some dozen or so (if that) contributors here. I am not ignorant, I don't make comments without evaluation. I believe totally that most of the new information is likely in the exclusive rights of Russian and other European Gaming magazines.

If the game is still on track, which might be doubtful at this point, then that must be where information is going to be dispensed. The hardcore fans are just being primed for this reveal later in the next couple months. The rest of the gaming community is going to be exposed to the game with the use of those magazines. In essence they hit two birds with one stone.

on the other hand, they know we will buy the game regardless, so paying us precious little attention is inconsequential. We are a source of criticism and input but without pay. In the end their investment (or utilization) in magazines turns out to yield greater profits. this I believe is very close to your reasoning, the only difference is I believe these acts are orchestrated not the result of blatant laziness. Good orchestration? Well we'll see.

The response by the die hard community was anticipated and without much elaborate planning at all. To think that we were not going to get upset about how things are going down would be pure stupidity, weapons grade stupidity. I don't think Ubi put someone in charge that is quite that stupid. Then again stupid people are everywhere.

Also in my own personal defense I use hyperbole and statement like "cold calculation" and "laughing till their guts bust up" merely to be comical lighten the mood around here. They were not meant to conjure up what I actually think of the company. If they did one would see Dr.Evil stroking his cat with his pinky to his lips.

i must apologize however I personalized my last post towards you two, that was not necessary and was down right rude. I also suggested a very personal insult by saying you two could be manipulated, i am sorry. Please accept my apologies. While I still assert that I did so successfully, I did not directly anticipate you two (Kodial and xenofex).

kodial79
01-03-2011, 11:58 AM
The problem with reading text is that sometimes the emotion behind them, doesn't come out clear enough.

I would not call myself angered, just frustrated. And in any case, not towards you. So there's no need for apologies or anything like that.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
01-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Wow. I step away from the internet for a couple of days and all **** breaks loose. :O)

Okay, I'll "try" to sum up. LaBoule, without malicious intent, posted an image of a "new years tree" on his Heroic Corner Russian web-site. The tree contained a few images that weren't allowed to be released yet. That was a rather large mistake on his part. Worse, hackers also swiped other images that were uploaded but not posted once they saw that they had new images (due to the tree). Those images have since been posted...this isn't a minor thing either, it's a considerable portion of the new un-revealed factions' concept art. (from what I gather, Ubi is working to get them removed...not from LaBoule's site, but a different animal entirely) The NDA is fairly clear concerning that sort of thing. As insiders, we are allowed access to information before it becomes public for the sole purpose of giving Ubisoft our opinions on it, discussions for improving it, and general back-and-forth frank discussions. If these discussions were open to the public, the help and opinions that Ubisoft craves would get lost in the noise that would inevitably follow. The VIP forum consists of long-time fans who know each incarnation of the series in great depth, they know the fan-base's desires in great depth, they come from many widely diverse countries & communities...but the key point is that they're rather small. Your voices are NOT unheard just because you're not in the VIP forum. Part of our job is to gather YOUR ideas and put them forth to Ubisoft. We just filter out the noise.

As for the release of information concerning H6...yes, it's different than it was with H5, there's no doubt about that. I (and numerous others) have repeatedly commented (and complained) about that. But it's a different team running the show than it was with H5. Not worse or better...just different. They've got their own strategy in mind concerning the release of materials...and whether we agree or disagree...the bottom line is we have to adhere to their wishes. I (and others) will continue to push Ubisoft to release information in a more timely manner (and to sites OTHER than just facebook), but until they do...I'll still try to keep people here informed of what we can divulge. I'll hint about things from time to time, but suffice it to say I can't (and won't) just blatantly release stuff that hasn't been approved. Hopefully you guys will trust me/us enough to do our best representing the fan's wishes. Afterall, what good is a genie for? :O)

Eugene_Xaar
01-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:
... I (and others) will continue to push Ubisoft to release information in a more timely manner (and to sites OTHER than just facebook), but until they do...I'll still try to keep people here informed of what we can divulge. ...

Thanks you for an adequate estimation of occurring events and for attempt to make admirers of game more informed.

Probably, that has occurred to a LaBoule’s tree, should happens sooner or later.

It is a pity that it consider as the traitor though he wanted as better.

kodial79
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah, we know all that. We do understand the situation of the insiders and that they don't want leaks. What we don't understand is why the secrecy? Why not letting us know sooner, update more regularly and be more forthcoming with information. I don't mean they should be asking for our opinions as well, those of the insiders is good enough to express all of our wishes. But judging from the leak, there is matterial ready to be revealed. Why do they not reveal it?

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
01-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by kodial79:
Yeah, we know all that. We do understand the situation of the insiders and that they don't want leaks. What we don't understand is why the secrecy? Why not letting us know sooner, update more regularly and be more forthcoming with information. I don't mean they should be asking for our opinions as well, those of the insiders is good enough to express all of our wishes. But judging from the leak, there is matterial ready to be revealed. Why do they not reveal it?

Firstly, just because something LOOKS ready to be revealed doesn't mean it is. We've seen changes right up to the release date. So they don't want to reveal something and then have it changed afterwards. They HATED the fact that the names had to be changed. Don't get me wrong, they wanted them to be liked and they wanted to make it right...but to release something and then to correct it just looks bad from their standpoint. So the delay on releasing material is simply due to the fact that certain things haven't been set in stone yet.

As for the lack of regular updates...they're addressing that as we speak. How they're going to address it, I don't know as of yet...but it's shot up considerably on their priority list. So expect this forum to be shown some "love" soon. (And if you've followed this series for a while...you'll know what to expect when I type "soon") :O)

kodial79
01-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Alright, it's good enough for me to know that our rant didn't fall on deaf ears. I hope from now and on, they will update more oftenly as the whole game desperately needs a hype to go on for its favor. It will please the old fans and help potential customers choose their side. We shall wait and see.

Dark-Whisperer
01-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Chuckles to the rescue again. From one side I'm glad that we should get some flow of information to the site but it gives me uneasy feeling that basicly nothing is definitely finished. Can you just give us hint if release date is going to be changed if you know anything about it.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
01-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Chuckles to the rescue again. From one side I'm glad that we should get some flow of information to the site but it gives me uneasy feeling that basicly nothing is definitely finished. Can you just give us hint if release date is going to be changed if you know anything about it.

Okay, I overstated there a bit. No, LOTS of stuff is "ready". But they do have a plan in place on how and when they want to release material. But when somebody jumps the gun and releases something without permission, they're assuming it's finished...and simply put, that person doesn't know that for certain. The game is really coming into shape as you can tell in those videos & screenshots. But they haven't started a beta yet to my knowledge (maybe some small in-house testing), so lots of things can still be tweeked here and there.

As for release dates...I haven't seen any kind of update concerning that. But then again, I haven't seen anything that makes me think they're running behind schedule either. Once a beta test begins, we'll have a much better grasp on where things stand IMO. But hey, even a beta test isn't set in stone. With the leak(s), they might decide to do that in-house too. I doubt it, but its certainly possible. We should probably just stop with the speculation (myself included), I'm sure we'll get at least SOME answers soon.

znork
01-03-2011, 02:20 PM
chuck you brook the cardinal rule of posting in the forum.

So shame on you. The word .... should never be usedhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You know waht im talking aobut

Justice
01-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Quite looking forwards to that and great to hear the beta test hasn't started. Hopefully means we have more time than till March to get a hype to surround the game.

Have a feeling Znork will rest easily again once we reach that stage. Poor bloke doesn't dare to come online on MSN any more since I keep nagging him for information.

Edit: Woooh! I did not see Znork's post prior to mentioning him in this message.

Eugene_Xaar
01-03-2011, 02:32 PM
All truly but is one nuance. Actually all nearby 800-900 persons at different forums in the different countries of the world actively watch game, its development. To be convinced of it it is not difficult — to look at habitues.

And practically all from them materials to game - screenshots, artworks, sketches.

And when game leaves, many fans very much appreciate intermediate variants of sketches of beings, things which haven't entered into game. Therefore isn't present Nothing terrible that things which in release will look absolutely differently will be laid out. Unless isn't present?

znork
01-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Justice:

Have a feeling Znork will rest easily again once we reach that stage. Poor bloke doesn't dare to come online on MSN any more since I keep nagging him for information.

You are realy not that good at naging

Ygds11
01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
They HATED the fact that the names had to be changed. Don't get me wrong, they wanted them to be liked and they wanted to make it right...but to release something and then to correct it just looks bad from their standpoint.

Really? I am sorry to hear that. But I must say from my point of view there is nothing wrong with making mistakes, withdrawing information and correcting things as negative feedback is reviewed. The fact that they changed the names is a boon for them not a disappointment. It showed they were listening and that they cared. If they did that with everything, not being so concerned about how they look, I think a lot of the community's complaints would be reversed.

What if they were to react similarly to some long time issues (starting with H5), like the angel design and lack of non-anthropomorphic creatures? Sure development might take longer, but peoples expectations would be better met. Let them know if they haven't read this already that changing the names was one of the best things they have done so far, and made them actually look really good not bad.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
chuck you brook the cardinal rule of posting in the forum.

So shame on you. The word .... should never be usedhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You know waht im talking aobut

I have no clue <STRIKE>what</STRIKE> waht you mean. But I think I will......."soon"(tm).

D.Jaskowski
01-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Dear my, Znork, Oakwarrior, Chuckles, Justice posting so vividly all around the forums. IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE I TELL YOU!

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
01-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Ygds11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They HATED the fact that the names had to be changed. Don't get me wrong, they wanted them to be liked and they wanted to make it right...but to release something and then to correct it just looks bad from their standpoint.

Really? I am sorry to hear that. But I must say from my point of view there is nothing wrong with making mistakes, withdrawing information and correcting things as negative feedback is reviewed. The fact that they changed the names is a boon for them not a disappointment. It showed they were listening and that they cared. If they did that with everything, not being so concerned about how they look, I think a lot of the community's complaints would be reversed.

What if they were to react similarly to some long time issues (starting with H5), like the angel design and lack of non-anthropomorphic creatures? Sure development might take longer, but peoples expectations would be better met. Let them know if they haven't read this already that changing the names was one of the best things they have done so far, and made them actually look really good not bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you misunderstood me. They liked the feedback from the fans, they liked getting it right, they disliked that they did it poorly in the first place. They would've much rather have got the feedback PRIOR to posting the names as "final". It's a small oversight, but it does affect their public perception. I agree with you and think it reflects well on them, but as with most programmers...they want to nail it on their first attempt. :O)

znork
01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by D.Jaskowski:
Dear my, Znork, Oakwarrior, Chuckles, Justice posting so vividly all around the forums. IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE I TELL YOU!

Yeah

Justice
01-03-2011, 03:02 PM
No, it's all an illusion. When you wake up tomorrow you will realise that we never posted here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Oakwarrior
01-03-2011, 03:08 PM
No, it's all an illusion. When you wake up tomorrow you will realise that we never posted here

This http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

We're all ghosts, you just don't know it yet.

Ygds11
01-03-2011, 03:11 PM
but as with most programmers...they want to nail it on their first attempt.

Your are sure right about that. My brother is a computer engineer, and is the same way. I also understood you. I just wanted to let them know that mistakes and subsequent correction actually makes them look much better than they might think. I know the kind of hard work they are doing, I just hope that the presentation of their work to improves.

I recently gave a research paper presenation, one of the hardest things to make interesting, even for interested parties. Hard work was only half the battle, the other half was making your work look-good. Two different things. i think they are doing a good job on the game. They just might need to improve how it is being presented.

although I am quite sure everything thus far with the exception of the leaked artwork (which by the way Ubi must have done a really good job suppressing because I cannot find it anywhere.....shoot) has been well planned. I hope for some advancement "soon".

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
01-03-2011, 03:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No, it's all an illusion. When you wake up tomorrow you will realise that we never posted here

This http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

We're all ghosts, you just don't know it yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The webmaster of this forum is really M. Night Shyamalan? Who knew.

KingImp
01-03-2011, 06:06 PM
But they haven't started a beta yet to my knowledge (maybe some small in-house testing), so lots of things can still be tweeked here and there.

As for release dates...I haven't seen any kind of update concerning that. But then again, I haven't seen anything that makes me think they're running behind schedule either. Once a beta test begins, we'll have a much better grasp on where things stand IMO. But hey, even a beta test isn't set in stone. With the leak(s), they might decide to do that in-house too. I doubt it, but its certainly possible.

Quite looking forwards to that and great to hear the beta test hasn't started. Hopefully means we have more time than till March to get a hype to surround the game.

I have to say, I feel the opposite. I know most would rather the game be delayed and complete, but I readily admit I'm impatient and believe that's what patches are for. As soon as we heard March, I was excited and now if there is no beta going on yet, I find it hard to believe there is any way to get this done by March now.

Like I said earlier in this thread, 4 months out from the release of Heroes 5 they were already conducting an open beta test. Here we are roughly 2 months out and people don't even know if a closed beta has begun. That doesn't bode well for a March release and if so, they should have never mentioned when they planned on releasing it. Just leave it at TBA or Q2 2011 until they knew for certain.

Maybe like Chuck said though, everything is going smoothly and they see no reason for a long, drawn out testing phase and it is still on schedule. One can only hope.

KingImp
01-03-2011, 06:15 PM
They HATED the fact that the names had to be changed.

For the record, whoever was responsible for getting Priestess changed to Sister deserves to be banished from the community forever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Justice
01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
I hate patches. My first impression of a game pretty much creates the atmosphere and feelings I have towards it. If it is buggy, has a bad story, silly typos and so on I just get annoyed and ignore it and its expansions (HoMM V). Much prefer waiting for a few months to just feeling frustrated when playing.

But of course this is pure speculation. I'm not even in the secret forum so I have absolutely no idea about what is going on.

The webmaster of this forum is really M. Night Shyamalan? Who knew.

If it is such people they employ here that would explain the varying quality of the story in the series http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Originally posted by KingImp:

For the record, whoever was responsible for getting Priestess changed to Sister deserves to be banished from the community forever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Agreed.

KingImp
01-03-2011, 06:32 PM
I hate patches. My first impression of a game pretty much creates the atmosphere and feelings I have towards it. If it is buggy, has a bad story, silly typos and so on I just get annoyed and ignore it and its expansions (HoMM V). Much prefer waiting for a few months to just feeling frustrated when playing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a flawed product released. If there are major bugs, then by all means delay it, but if a game gets pushed back half a year because of something trivial like some typos or one unit's stats need to be revamped, then I feel that could easily be done with a patch.
Considering they would know about such problems from the time it went Gold to it's release, the patch could be available the day of release. We see that all the time with console games these days. How many times have you loaded a new game up on the PS3 or Xbox only to see a patch is already available?

Justice
01-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Never, don't own either of them, hehe.

As for the minor annoyances it quite depends on how many they are. In HoMM V they were so frequent that they ruined the game for me. If it just is something like the occasional German texts in the English version of Gothic II I don't mind, but if it is cluttered with small problems or has some big ones I would like it to be delayed.

There is also the matter of people who have none, limited or very expensive internet. Don't quite see why they have to download patches when they have bought the game.

Personally I also often prefer betas, communities and discussing back and forth to the game itself, so on a purely personal level I wouldn't mind it being pushed back for whatever reason if they increase the rate of information. But I realise that that isn't the best of reasons for delaying the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
01-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by KingImp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:
They HATED the fact that the names had to be changed.

For the record, whoever was responsible for getting Priestess changed to Sister deserves to be banished from the community forever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was Znork & Alderbranchh. Their combined efforts pretty much forced Ubi's hand. They insisted she be called the Sister.

*runs away giggling*

Justice
01-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Burn them! Down with Znork and Alderbranch! Chase them off a cliff! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

... Then we can worship Alder afterwards since we can't harm him anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Jason_Anderson
01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingImp:
Agreed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They should call another unit Brother. That would be cool. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
01-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Jason_Anderson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justice:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingImp:

They should call another unit Brother. That would be cool. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to be clear, they were referring to how a Nun is called a Sister. And yes...I loathe that name entirely. Heck, I liked Priestess.

Jason_Anderson
01-03-2011, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason_Anderson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justice:

They should call another unit Brother. That would be cool. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to be clear, they were referring to how a Nun is called a Sister. And yes...I loathe that name entirely. Heck, I liked Priestess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And a Monk is called a Brother. Brothers and Sisters! Rap music playing in background....

Xenofex_086
01-04-2011, 12:59 AM
They liked the feedback from the fans, they liked getting it right, they disliked that they did it poorly in the first place. They would've much rather have got the feedback PRIOR to posting the names as "final". I don't understand this, the could have asked for this feedback long ago. Why didn't they? And by the way there are still names which just scream to be changed, because they sound bad or because they are completely wrong. As I said about 5 times on HC - Lilim, which seems to be the new name for the upgraded succubus, is plural, not singular. To say "one Lilim" is like to say "one horses". I can continue with the Skeletal Spearman, the notorious Sister (Cepheus said that it has a lore explanation though) and so on, but at this point it won't make a difference. The question is - why don't they ask when they don't know something or need feedback in general? I think this is pretty related to the topic and the overall "democratic deficit" surrounding the development.

BeriadanL
01-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Jason_Anderson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason_Anderson:

Just to be clear, they were referring to how a Nun is called a Sister. And yes...I loathe that name entirely. Heck, I liked Priestess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And a Monk is called a Brother. Brothers and Sisters! Rap music playing in background.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

dc84
01-04-2011, 07:35 AM
I have a trouble in my life. And I don't drink vodka and don't use drug. That's why I turn off from reality using another methods.

One of them is to play a game. This is my favorite game, while I'm waiting something new about my game I begin to play in Heroes I.

Info about game is very poor that why I play Heroes I very often.

Dear developers, I can give you information about Heroes I and you give me information about Heroes VI.

What do you think ? It is barter.

Hope this post helps you give us more info. More info is a good. We are all your friend. Give as more info!

Black Hole Ent. = Black Hole with info ???

Please don't confirm that. Shaking your marketing manager .. and write to us what you are working on.

We don't told him.

dc84
01-04-2011, 10:14 AM
"Hello people,
Today is 05.12.2010.
Official release date is March 2011. That leaves around 3 months till we should get to play vanilla Heroes VI.
BUT!
Look at the state of this forum - no more than 25 people post or comment on it. Official site is laughable. Information are scarce. So far we know about 3 out of 5 races - and thats just pictures - no stats. We don't know almost anything about buildings, race specifics, we have around 20 screenshots and really lousy gameplay video. No idea if there will be beta testing - what I ask is WHY? WHY cant we get something more substantial? Town screenshots, units on map, units on battlefield, videos of the new magic spells and what they do, new creatures special abilities (if any)... ANYTHING to rise the hype. I'm really worried about the state of the game and yet nobody is talking about pushing back release date. Does anybody else feel that this game is treated like independent low budget project? It is shame! UBI should treat loyal players with respect - sure we will buy and try anything that has name Heroes but entire franchise is at stake here. I just ask WHY is one of the best game franchises treated this way from UBI officials - make some effort to convince old and especially new players that this game is worth buying and that Heroes VI will be venerable sequel to the series.

Please make us really want to buy and play this game."

It is not mine. I repost this message, it is words of man in above thread.

But I agree with him. May be you don't read this, but you should

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
01-04-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't understand this, the could have asked for this feedback long ago. Why didn't they? And by the way there are still names which just scream to be changed, because they sound bad or because they are completely wrong. As I said about 5 times on HC - Lilim, which seems to be the new name for the upgraded succubus, is plural, not singular. To say "one Lilim" is like to say "one horses". I can continue with the Skeletal Spearman, the notorious Sister (Cepheus said that it has a lore explanation though) and so on, but at this point it won't make a difference. The question is - why don't they ask when they don't know something or need feedback in general? I think this is pretty related to the topic and the overall "democratic deficit" surrounding the development.

That's what I was referring to as an oversight. They meant to ask for feedback on them earlier.

Dergos
01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by dc84:
"Hello people,
Today is 05.12.2010.
Official release date is March 2011. That leaves around 3 months till we should get to play vanilla Heroes VI.
BUT!
Look at the state of this forum - no more than 25 people post or comment on it. Official site is laughable. Information are scarce. So far we know about 3 out of 5 races - and thats just pictures - no stats. We don't know almost anything about buildings, race specifics, we have around 20 screenshots and really lousy gameplay video. No idea if there will be beta testing - what I ask is WHY? WHY cant we get something more substantial? Town screenshots, units on map, units on battlefield, videos of the new magic spells and what they do, new creatures special abilities (if any)... ANYTHING to rise the hype. I'm really worried about the state of the game and yet nobody is talking about pushing back release date. Does anybody else feel that this game is treated like independent low budget project? It is shame! UBI should treat loyal players with respect - sure we will buy and try anything that has name Heroes but entire franchise is at stake here. I just ask WHY is one of the best game franchises treated this way from UBI officials - make some effort to convince old and especially new players that this game is worth buying and that Heroes VI will be venerable sequel to the series.

Please make us really want to buy and play this game."

It is not mine. I repost this message, it is words of man in above thread.

But I agree with him. May be you don't read this, but you should

it seems the last couple of days had their share of excitement. but the forum isn't as active as it was with heroes 5 . I miss that. this forum should have a lott more of a buzz going around it. I believe h6 will be a lot beter than h5 (which in my opinion was quite bad). I hope ubisoft ups their marketing strategy because in a year where you will have games like portal2, the witcher 2, dragon age 2, mass effect 3, rage, duke nukem, deus ex human revolution ... a tbs game can be overlooked quite easily.

dc84
01-05-2011, 06:42 AM
There is no game info today too. Awfull !!!

Dergos
01-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by dc84:
There is no game info today too. Awfull !!!
they alreday said they would be giving us information on friday and then will continue on a weekly basis

Eugene_Xaar
01-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Here tomorrow also we will check up the approach to the information has changed poured isn't present. It is not visible Yet.

dc84
01-06-2011, 03:57 AM
"they alreday said they would be giving us information on friday and then will continue on a weekly basis"

And this small piece of info I've got from other fun and not form the web site or facebook.

What are awfull info politic. I want to destroy my computer, becuase it is only one way not to visit their useless site.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

kodial79
01-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Do it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

KingImp
01-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Well, that main page change certainly was a nice surprise. Granted, it's just an overhaul for now, but at least it shows they took our concerns seriously and are paying attention to this place.

Nightmus
01-07-2011, 01:04 AM
An awesome change of an official site! Now it's actually worth visiting to check on updates. Hope for regular updates.

kodial79
01-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Nightmus:
An awesome change of an official site! Now it's actually worth visiting to check on updates. Hope for regular updates.

That's a start, anyhow. Things are looking up. A tiny bit of update every so and often is not such a hard thing to do, and I'm sure Ubi will do just that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KingImp
01-10-2011, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ygds11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They HATED the fact that the names had to be changed. Don't get me wrong, they wanted them to be liked and they wanted to make it right...but to release something and then to correct it just looks bad from their standpoint.

Really? I am sorry to hear that. But I must say from my point of view there is nothing wrong with making mistakes, withdrawing information and correcting things as negative feedback is reviewed. The fact that they changed the names is a boon for them not a disappointment. It showed they were listening and that they cared. If they did that with everything, not being so concerned about how they look, I think a lot of the community's complaints would be reversed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you misunderstood me. They liked the feedback from the fans, they liked getting it right, they disliked that they did it poorly in the first place. They would've much rather have got the feedback PRIOR to posting the names as "final". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if the public perception of the artwork from the 5th faction is any indication, then they are really going to dislike that they messed up again in the fan's eyes. For the most part the fans like it, but they hate that there are so many female units in this faction and that they feel one of them is too similar to the Haven's Glories. On top of that, said unit just feels like a repeat of another in their own faction. Can't say I disagree with these complaints.

Yes, I'm being deliberately vague on names and such because even though it's all over CH and HC, it hasn't been posted here and I don't want to stir up any unnecessary trouble.