PDA

View Full Version : In Tune

RonV66
10-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Is there an option to skip checking in-tune before every challenge?

I think after 30 time checking within one game session, I believe my guitar is in-tune.

So stop asking to check and start with the music.

CrankyCaucasian
10-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Agreed. It's pretty annoying. At least make it an option to disable.

Wolfbeckett
10-19-2011, 09:29 AM
I understand the need for it in cases where you are going from a song in standard to a song in drop D or vice versa, but when all you're playing is standard tuning songs it's quite annoying having to do this before everything. My guitar may be a cheap Squier but it can hold tune longer than 5 minutes, come on guys.

Kroger
10-19-2011, 09:36 AM
100% agreed. Unless the song requires you to go with alternate tuning, this should be an option and not a requirement. It is by far the biggest annoyance so far.

RonV66
10-19-2011, 10:10 AM
I've got a Les Paul standard 2008 and even after a month of not using it, it is still in tune.

But the biggest annoying are the technical challenges. A challenge has a duration of 1 minute and I need to practice these for hours. So I have to restart the same challenge over and over again. (and tuning again)

For the rest The Game Is AWESOME and worth the money.

DrwhoGalefrie
10-19-2011, 10:50 AM
They do this so you are ensured and the game is ensured for getting the proper note.

And I agree, too many load and save screens.

Mistermann.db
10-19-2011, 07:00 PM
After reading this thread I was prepared for an arduous experience of tuning the guitar all the time. Maybe it was because I went in expecting the worst that I actually donít think this is too bad. My guitar was in tune to start and the tuning experience lasts maybe 10 seconds Ö thus far after 3 hours of play, the pre-song/event tuning hasnít really bothered me. I recognize how bad things would be if the guitar wasnít in tune and consider this sort of a ďprice of admissionĒ Ė heck, I am playing a game with my Fender Strat, not a plastic rendition of it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe Iíll feel different after a few more hours, but this far this isnít as bad as I originally perceived.

RonV66
10-20-2011, 10:35 AM
It becomes irritating if you have to check tuning every 1 to 2 minutes during practicing challenges.

bankievr6
10-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Kroger_155:
this should be an option and not a requirement.

Agreed. Perhaps a "Press X to tune, or O to skip." Maybe an initial tune when you boot up the game to check just in case. It seems like most people on here are using pretty decent guitars that wont drop out of tune in an hour or two's use.

xxBuddhasPALMxx
10-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah, at least ditch the tuning when you "retry" something

ElFatua
10-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Please, PLEASE, patch this to make it less ridiculous. It is driving me insane the amount of time it takes between retrying things. The entire way the menus are set up just seems poor. This all wouldn't make me nerdrage nearly as much if not for how much I like the core game though...

bob.l
10-21-2011, 07:52 PM
+1 to any way to reduce/skip tuning checks

I'm playing with a 2010 Les Paul Limited with Robot tuners. It never goes out of tune, and if it did I could retune it in 1/6 the time it takes to go through the tuning check.

AlexLifeson
10-22-2011, 05:30 PM
they have to assume the worst case scenario and most beginners dont have good tuners/bridges/locking tremelos on their guitars and they WILL go out of tune after just one song. Fender Squiers are notorious for this, never mind the folks that havent done any intonation or setup. Tuning is a necessary evil. This is not a fake game, its the real deal. Pros tune after every song on stage as well if they dont change guitars) , even if its just micro fine tuning

torchredfrc
10-22-2011, 06:16 PM
I also agree with this, the constant tune check is highly annoying. Maybe they could tune if it's detecting the player is missing huge numbers of notes or something. There has to be a better method than tune every time!!!

Pancho X1
10-22-2011, 06:28 PM
after playing for four days, I don't think the tuning requirments are too much. but that is my personal opinion.

Toejammer99
10-22-2011, 10:01 PM
I can hear when I'm out of tune, so the constant pre song tunings are a bit annoying. Would be nice if it was an option that could be turned off.

Area110011B
10-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Amen! Additionally it does not seem to really tune in the "pluck all six strings quickly" mode. there is no graph to show which direction to tune. If I pluck lightly, it keeps waiting for that string. When I pluck louder the string eventually warbles across the expected frequency and the tuner is happy to move to the next string.

I'd rather see a Tune button I can choose if it sounds out of tune to me. It should popup the real tuning mode available in the main menu. If RS detects I'm out of tune, then it could pop up the real tuning mode and return.

emoxygen
10-23-2011, 07:22 AM
I haven't touched 5 of the 6 string pegs since buying the game.

An "alternate tuning only" option would be sweet.

Hab_Fan
10-23-2011, 02:47 PM
If the menu system wasn't so bad you wouldn't have to continuously be getting the tune screen because you shouldn't be dropped so far back in the menu hierarchy every time you want to repeat what you just did. I find myself always pausing the game and restarting so that I don't get dropped so far from where I was. Plus you don't have to re-tune.

r1chard34
10-23-2011, 04:22 PM
I think it also functions as a mnemonic to reinforce the string colors.

DavidLochhead
10-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Don't forget to check the intonation of your guitar as well. A string fretted on the 12th will be the same as an open string if your intonation is good. If not it will make the game nearly impossible if you need to play above the 7th fret.