PDA

View Full Version : Unable to join or host games

Icebreaker.007
07-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Ever since I got my router I am unable to join or host any games. I get the message that "game session is no longer available" when I try to join. Sometimes I will be able to join the lobby, but when the game launches I get kicked out with that same message. When people try to join my games they get the same message. I am on my router's DMZ, a DLink DI604. Can anyone help?

timmieboy2
07-25-2005, 07:38 PM
yeah i have kinda the same problem, many people can join my server but a couple dont, i opened the ports (the also did it), but first when i didnt had an router they could join, but now with my linksys wrt54g they cant.... anyone else with this problem?

cheese_thief
07-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Well, I was going to suggest opening the ports listen in the manual, but you are in the DMZ, so it won't matter. Make sure that you are in the DMZ, and you didn't accidentally put in the wrong IP, and upgrade the router's firmware.

MR.Mic
07-27-2005, 03:09 AM
I used to have this problem, because everyone in my entire ISP runs off the same IP address (like a giant lan with NAT), unless you buy your own dedicated IP address (which I did for 10 extra dollars a month and never regretted it).