PDA

View Full Version : Arcade game? Or Simulator?

Mufc_highflyer1
08-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I for one i know what I'm looking for within this game 1st class ultra realistic fighter simulation game with free roam modes, missions, cockpit views, fully interactive instruments and good online play which you can communicate with friends and other gamers easily.

Personally as an Aircraft enthusiast, I've been seeking a good flying game to be released on the PlayStation 3 system. This is as my PC doesn't run Flight Simulators well although i do play both Fs2004 and FsX.

I'm probably going to be disappointed because what I'm looking for is a steep ask but the Ps3 needs a flight simulator.

Anyways I'm just interested what experience people what from Hawx.

Mufc_highflyer1
08-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I for one i know what I'm looking for within this game 1st class ultra realistic fighter simulation game with free roam modes, missions, cockpit views, fully interactive instruments and good online play which you can communicate with friends and other gamers easily.

Personally as an Aircraft enthusiast, I've been seeking a good flying game to be released on the PlayStation 3 system. This is as my PC doesn't run Flight Simulators well although i do play both Fs2004 and FsX.

I'm probably going to be disappointed because what I'm looking for is a steep ask but the Ps3 needs a flight simulator.

Anyways I'm just interested what experience people what from Hawx.

Mig-29
08-18-2008, 09:35 AM
I want this game to be a total arcade game using the Ace Combat Formula. I want lots of missiles for my fighters and a hitpoint system instead of a realistic damage system.

I want easy landings and the ability to rearm quickly at an airbase.

I want the controls to be very responsive like in Crimson Skies or Blazing angels.

I want the game to sacrifice realism for fun and I want a lot of jets to fly around in including all prototypes and their production counterparts.

I don't care about cockpit views I would prefer they be in but if they won't then it won't bother me.

I just want to have some fun without having to push a ton of buttons and without having to worry about in-flight G-forces and all that. I want stalls to be in but they should not be too sensitive.

I also want to have total control over my fighter in chase mode and in first person/cockpit view without having to use that "playable replay view".

Just wait till MPSSC and abnegnejs get here, they're going to be so furious I said this. I can see it coming. LOL.

EDIT: ALSO I WANT A FREE-FLIGHT MODE, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN A FLYING GAME. THAT HAS GOT TO BE IN, NO LIMITATIONS, NO TIME LIMIT, FREE FLIGHT WITH ANY AIRCRAFT AND ANY PAINT SCHEME.

P-DRIZZL3
08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
The ONLY way I will buy this game is if you actually have to land and not just slam onto the tarmac, needs to require a very very basic understanding of how to land aircraft...

XxCH0NGxX
08-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Even though people bash Over G Fighters, I still think it's the best console flying simulator so far. I finally beat the game on Hard, and now I'm on Hell Mode. Holy **** Hell mode is hard. I'm amazed at how the auto land feature is automatically disable. Even if you turn it on. Having 5 targets to destroy, while flying a plane that only holds 4 missiles, and having to land on a moving carrier to re-arm and then take off to destroy the last bogey is not as easy as I thought it would be.

That's what I want in HAWX. I want to be able to play it with realism. I want the options to allow me to do so. I want to choose my payload and have it be realistic to what my plane can carry. Not magical missiles that respawn on my wings. If I want to play with magical missiles, I too want the option to play that way. I want the option to fly in cockpit view all the time with ERS and assistance modes turned off. I don't like it when developers make a game and force us to play it how they want us to play it. I want to choose how I want to play it.

There are so many games out there that have the potential to be perfect games. but they all have certain restrictions that hinder them from being perfect. If only they all had more options to fit our needs and wants in a game, then there would be alot of outstanding, amazing games out there.

MOAMarksman
09-03-2008, 08:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mig-29:
I want this game to be a total arcade game using the Ace Combat Formula. I want lots of missiles for my fighters and a hitpoint system instead of a realistic damage system.

I want easy landings and the ability to rearm quickly at an airbase.

I want the controls to be very responsive like in Crimson Skies or Blazing angels.

I want the game to sacrifice realism for fun and I want a lot of jets to fly around in including all prototypes and their production counterparts.

I don't care about cockpit views I would prefer they be in but if they won't then it won't bother me.

I just want to have some fun without having to push a ton of buttons and without having to worry about in-flight G-forces and all that. I want stalls to be in but they should not be too sensitive.

I also want to have total control over my fighter in chase mode and in first person/cockpit view without having to use that "playable replay view".

Just wait till MPSSC and abnegnejs get here, they're going to be so furious I said this. I can see it coming. LOL.

EDIT: ALSO I WANT A FREE-FLIGHT MODE, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN A FLYING GAME. THAT HAS GOT TO BE IN, NO LIMITATIONS, NO TIME LIMIT, FREE FLIGHT WITH ANY AIRCRAFT AND ANY PAINT SCHEME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That game already exists, It's called Ace Combat 6. There you go! just saved you $70! You're welcome

maxpontiac
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
I voted for simulator, but I want the game to do both (Where is the option for this?).

Sometimes I want to fly a plane and shoot things, in a mindless sort of way.

On other occasions, I want to fly a game and worry about my ammo, fuel, threats, etc.

There is no reason why this game can't deliver the FULL experience.

T4tty T3ddy
09-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I would like to see a good level of realism in this game to make it the best fighter simulator on a console! It needs to be more than just firing missile after missile at the enemy you need fire-power limited to the airframe capacity and after the missiles are gone that's it use your cannon or land and get re-armed!
I feel they should also bring out a flight stick and throttle for it similar to the one used in AC6 and they should get a company like saitek to produce an official flight stick!

SPEEDY-RED
09-14-2008, 07:47 AM
i think it should be a SIMULATER, like how it is ment to be, just because its a simulater, doesnt mean you could have lots of missiles, you could just throw in the realistic fighter manuvers of real fighters, plus Ace Combat is unrealisticly arcade, i mean 100 missiles per level, nad unlimited gunz, i still like ace combat, but i hope there or not any BOSS targets that are like 300 ft long and acctually fly, thats stupid

crimac518
09-25-2008, 06:00 PM
to bad from the ammo count you see on screens they are leaning more to making this AC 7